PDA

View Full Version : Strengths and Weaknesses of Warriors of Each Faction

firekingster
06-16-2015, 09:32 PM
Before making a decision based off of aesthetics, we should see what the strengths and weaknesses are. I remember in the video they stated that Samurais are more offensive and speed based while Knights have better defense. Will this be the case for factions in general or based off of the weapons we use? Are there multiple classes?

SonicRainboom24
06-16-2015, 10:28 PM
I'm assuming different classes, but the differences between factions are a constant.

Sixty-nl
06-17-2015, 10:53 AM
I think it depends on the faction and the weapon you use. But we won't know for sure until we get more info, because after all its still in Alpha.

Niphrentil
06-17-2015, 10:59 AM
My guess would be Samurai = strong offense, Viking = Strong defence, Knight = balanced. But I would also like a "rock-paper-sissors" kind of balance, like Samurai>>>Viking>>>Knight>>>Samurai...

AbaddonWP
06-17-2015, 11:03 AM
Well... the Knight SHOULD have the best defense, since heīs wearing full plate armour.
I mean, itīs not like they just carry that massive extra weight for fun....

SnorriUlversson
06-17-2015, 11:27 AM
Honestly I hope that all factions will have access to few solutions from aggressive to defensive styles, one way or another

CarbonBox
06-17-2015, 01:40 PM
i think those kind of traits are faction based because you cant hand a katana to a knight and expect him to just become fast because of the weapon

SnorriUlversson
06-17-2015, 04:16 PM
i think those kind of traits are faction based because you cant hand a katana to a knight and expect him to just become fast because of the weapon

That's for sure, but a knight could use another western medieval weapon and becoming faster

CarbonBox
06-17-2015, 05:47 PM
That's for sure, but a knight could use another western medieval weapon and becoming faster

yea there could be categories of weapons like light medium and heavy but that would finish off the difference in those faction based traits because choosing a lighter weapon would mean that the knight becomes fast and still has high armor.

to counter this maybe they can introduce heavy armor for samurai in customizations
but that basically means this >>> " Samurai are more offensive and speed based while Knights have better defense" wouldnt matter anymore.

to be honest i like these faction based differences and i think they should be kept as they are but i can also imagine people wanting to play a fast knight or mix up things and try something new
its a tough decision to make. itll be interesting to watch how all this unfolds

SnorriUlversson
06-17-2015, 06:48 PM
Agree, probably it will be a mix; knights will be more defensive but with the access of some skills/feats being able to make them faster (not as a samurai but still faster than a knight built for tanking for istance)

KailLokeson
06-18-2015, 02:27 AM
It's hard to tell. The guy in the demo didn't say that the samurai as a whole are speedier but less defensive than the other factions. He said that his samurai assassin was as such. Which might mean that Vikings and Knights have classes which are equivalent.

I'd personally like to think that the differences are more in the weapons and armor and in special abilities (like the Samurai arrow call) than stat differences built into the classes as a whole.