PDA

View Full Version : Roll dodging and such

Sauroctone
06-16-2015, 03:01 PM
Hi devs, hope you read this !

I was wondering if there were going to be some dodging mecanisms as we have seen in Dark Souls for example, with roll dodging, backstep, etc. I think it could be a great gameplay feature, very useful for lighter classes such as the samurai "assassin" we could watch being played on one of the demos, who seemed to have quite some trouble parrying the greatsword with his katana. (makes sense after all)

I'm having great hopes for this game, still waiting for a beta to enjoy discovering it myself. Keep us in touch ! And thank you.re3

Fadango.
06-16-2015, 08:12 PM
Check the multiplayer preview they released. A samurai player rolls past the commentator at 1:06.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp3NKQlJPuo

Sauroctone
06-17-2015, 04:34 AM
You are right, thank you ! I just hope it's a real dodge roll with invicibility frames and so on.

Kamzgdx
07-04-2015, 06:45 AM
You are right, thank you ! I just hope it's a real dodge roll with invicibility frames and so on.

The Roll/dodges are themselves the technique you need to avoid damage. With invincibility, a player can use the dodge or roll into attacks.

Warphorntek
07-04-2015, 08:19 AM
Roll with armors like these are annoying man. Backroll which samurai do is already on the edge. If you wana 100% avoiding mechanic ok, lets make t harder, but in this terms you must add some defence to Knights. It brings reality to game. Well in trailer at 0:36 you can see how katana is slicing through chainmail of knights like its butter and at 2:00 how katana slid down over armor which leave me unsure. Should game go by that ? It would be wonderfull keep game how it is but apply system from Kingdomcome Deliverence. I mean about that armor defence capability.

Solid_Altair
07-04-2015, 03:18 PM
My guess is that the roll happens when you dodge without the lock on (and any class in any factionc an do it). You can get hit while rolling.

I also don't know why the hell people are saying the Oni has bad defense. From what I've seen, their defense actually looks better. They can refresh their stance (going neutral and back at the same stance), while the Warden cannot (they need to change to another stance and come back, which is slower). In the footage so far there were more guard crushes performed by Oni, than by Wardens (except on gang ups).

I've read a guy around here saying the Oni have fewer hit points. I didn't really try to count how many bars they have. Could anyone confirm?

You are right, thank you ! I just hope it's a real dodge roll withOUT invicibility frames and so on.
There... fixed that for ya.

Dienekes12
07-04-2015, 11:38 PM
A dodge, I would like. A rolling dodge, I hope they limit. The game is based on the concept of giving the feel of dueling combat, and no one thought it was a good idea to jump on your back in the middle of a duel. That'd be stupid and suicidal.

Solid_Altair
07-05-2015, 11:43 AM
I think it is limited to when you don't have the lock. If it doesn't have iframes... lets hope it doesn't... you most likely won't be able to use it as a way to counter attack, like you can do in ridiculous ways in Dark Souls.

Havemercy87
07-05-2015, 03:28 PM
A dodge, I would like. A rolling dodge, I hope they limit. The game is based on the concept of giving the feel of dueling combat, and no one thought it was a good idea to jump on your back in the middle of a duel. That'd be stupid and suicidal.

I can see the Samurai with the rolling dodge, little hard in armor realistically, but come on it's way cool :) giving knights that ability would be a bit far though. Each faction is going to have it's strengths/weaknesses and specialized abilities, this could be part of the samurai. I'm in favor of a standing dodge for all factions though, actually I think the game calls for in my opinion.. To answer the question earlier on samurai HP, they had 5 bars same as Knights, but when the knight struck it took more HP than vs. This I imagine is due to armor stats. All I have to say for now.