PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT message to those going to play Syndicate at booth

Defalt221
06-16-2015, 12:53 PM
Collected from here: http://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/3a0vr0/i_am_playing_assassins_creed_syndicate_tomorrow/
Please check out the following things if you get to play Syndicate at Ubisoft booth (I live far way and won't get that chance) :

- (IMPORTANT) See if you can carry dead bodies
- Try to use grapling hook on moving trains and carriages and note how they react.
- Use grappling hook on street npcs while riding carriages and see if you can pull/choke them.
- Try hanging enemies with grappling hook (like AC 3) and see if it works. Also try to pull barrels/hanging objects towards you with grappling hook.
- Side jump while hanging from ledge (try it out and tell us if it works)
- How many buildings can be entered (in proportion to Unity.) and how much detailed (note it) and try to explore huge landmarks and insides.
- Crowd behavior (point a gun at them and notice how they react)
- Weapon combat (try to fight with hidden blade).
- Can you insta kill with other weapons on unsuspectingguards?
- Can you take human shields (or dodge bullets?)
- What gadgets can you get to use?
- Try ramming enemies with carriages and see if they die or not.
- Observe the graphics quality and compare it to Unity.
- Try to jump from moving carriage to lift you high in the air with momentum. See if it works.
- Try to get INSIDE a train (not on top of it) and create mayhem (note crowd behavious).
- Try to make two trains crash into each other (or kill the train driver)
- Check how fluid and responsive the combat animations are.

pacmanate
06-16-2015, 02:43 PM
Good list.

Community... GO!

fcederberg
06-16-2015, 02:46 PM
I'm going tomorrow so will check out those things.

Shahkulu101
06-16-2015, 03:50 PM
Picking up bodies has been confirmed I think.

Defalt221
06-16-2015, 07:02 PM
I'm going tomorrow so will check out those things.

Good luck. And don't forget to come back and make a thread titled "My personal hands on impressions at E3" here in these forums.

Picking up bodies has been confirmed I think.

Really? Link please?

SixKeys
06-16-2015, 07:07 PM
Good list, I'll keep it in mind today when I play the demo.

Altair1789
06-16-2015, 08:17 PM
See if you can swing with the grappling hook

Also see if you can find a helix menu

m4r-k7
06-16-2015, 08:18 PM
Also please let us know if Jacob has different animations to Arno :)

Namikaze_17
06-16-2015, 08:25 PM
Also see if you can find a helix menu

The Jazz age thirst is strong in this one... :rolleyes:

Oh, well, um... let us know if gangs look more distinct than what they appear so far. That is, if you can. ;)

Altair1789
06-16-2015, 09:05 PM
The Jazz age thirst is strong in this one... :rolleyes:

Oh, well, um... let us know if gangs look more distinct than what they appear so far. That is, if you can. ;)

At this point its thirst for something interesting. I don't want another set of missions like Unity's

Also please let us know if Jacob has different animations to Arno :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNguwYXQXuQ

Go to around 1:15, the way he's running, I don't think he will

ERICATHERINE
06-16-2015, 09:05 PM
Try to quit the animus/hélix, but not the game, to see if we can have a glimpse of the modern day. ^-^

Farlander1991
06-16-2015, 09:23 PM
Try to quit the animus/hélix, but not the game, to see if we can have a glimpse of the modern day. ^-^

You do realize that the demo will have a lot of the features turned off, right? :p There's no way they're leaving in anything for the modern day.

Altair1789
06-16-2015, 09:53 PM
You do realize that the demo will have a lot of the features turned off, right? :p There's no way they're leaving in anything for the modern day.

As if there'll be a real modern day :(. The Unity stuff was already confirmed

Democrito_71
06-16-2015, 10:25 PM
Nice list, I'm going to test out Syndicate on Thursday in Stockholm so I will keep in mind to test out how drivable and the gameplay mechanics of the carriages are, the rope launcher, the stealth mechanics if it's improved over Unity or not and the combat mechanics if it's better than Unity or not. From what I seen so far I think Syndicate will top Unity like Black Flag topped AC3 imo. I think the reason why Ubisoft didn't show of gameplay on their conference is because they don't want to overhype Syndicate like they did with Unity. I was left disappointed that the E3 demo didn't show of new mechanics and that Evie wasn't in the CGI trailer but her character trailer was really awesome, I can't wait to play as Evie :cool:

VoXngola
06-16-2015, 10:26 PM
As if there'll be a real modern day :(. The Unity stuff was already confirmed

Well, there's this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSYjsddTJJY&feature=youtu.be&t=3m29s

Democrito_71
06-16-2015, 10:30 PM
Well, there's this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSYjsddTJJY&feature=youtu.be&t=3m29s

Fantastic news! Now I wonder if we are going to play as a new modern day assassin in third person or if we are going to play as ourselves in first person again like in Black Flag/Rogue/Unity?

Xstantin
06-16-2015, 10:43 PM
I can't wait to play as Evie :cool:

I think reddit people said she wasn't playable

VoXngola
06-16-2015, 10:45 PM
One of the things that make Syndicate different to other ACs is that you can play as Jacob and Evie, so yeah she is playable.
No idea where those reddit people got that from.

Xstantin
06-16-2015, 10:47 PM
@VoXngola, I was talking about that demo thingy

Democrito_71
06-16-2015, 10:55 PM

Ah, I meant I can't wait to play as Evie when the game releases in October :cool: I don't think she's going to be playable during E3 and during the "Assassins Creed Syndicate: The Tour" since from what I remember during the announcement last month was that Jacob and Evie have their own set of skill-trees or something(Don't remember the source:/ ).

VoXngola
06-16-2015, 10:56 PM
Oh oops, stupid me.

Xstantin
06-16-2015, 11:01 PM
Ah, I meant I can't wait to play as Evie when the game releases in October :cool:
My bad then :) i'll switch to her asap myself

SofaJockey
06-17-2015, 12:28 AM
At the ACS Tour event (London) I found:

Yes you can pick up a body.
I found the combat / movement, pleasant and fluid.

The demo I played (perhaps it's the same for all) was highly restricted with animus barriers around a fairly small area of two streets and a gang area.

There were doubtless many combat 'toys' not yet available to the character,
though stealing and riding a horse-drawn carriage was fun.

harsab
06-17-2015, 12:40 AM

The demo I played (perhaps it's the same for all) was highly restricted with animus barriers around a fairly small area of two streets and a gang area.

Did you notice any deep Customization options? Really hope they're back. That was one of my favorite features in Unity!

Cornik22
06-17-2015, 01:25 AM
Sofa, is it the same demo we saw yesterday? The one where you have to chase a templar on top of a train?

Altair1789
06-17-2015, 03:15 AM

What was the pickup animation like? Any more details you can give us? Street width, street lighting, time of day, etc?

Defalt221
06-17-2015, 01:07 PM
One of the things that make Syndicate different to other ACs is that you can play as Jacob and Evie, so yeah she is playable.
No idea where those reddit people got that from.

Reddit people were referring to the demo only.