PDA

View Full Version : More historical warriors in the future?

Dat_Boi.
06-16-2015, 12:33 PM
Hello,

I wanted to find out if there are any more historical warriors planned for the future. I already love the first three ones, especially the samurais, but it would be really interesting to get one new historical warrior per month or once in a while after the game releases! We could clearly use some romans, persians, and so on!

Do you guys have any plans for that?

IamCrumbz
06-16-2015, 12:39 PM
Hello,

I wanted to find out if there are any more historical warriors planned for the future. I already love the first three ones, especially the samurais, but it would be really interesting to get one new historical warrior per month or once in a while after the game releases! We could clearly use some romans, persians, and so on!

Do you guys have any plans for that?

Pirates, Greeks, Ninja's

Dat_Boi.
06-16-2015, 01:02 PM
Yes! Great examples, Crumbz! Let's just hope they won't cost 5$ each because that wouldn't be that nice. Maybe something like Skullgirl's policy will work. The new classes will be available for free in the first month, and if you grab them once then they are yours. After the first month, I'm fine with paying 3$ or so to unlock them because you didn't grab them while they were free as a DLC.

ze_topazio
06-16-2015, 01:43 PM
Roman legionaries, Spartans, Persian soldiers, Egyptian soldiers, medieval Islamic soldiers.

Sauroctone
06-16-2015, 03:20 PM
Guys, we're not talking about new classes here, we're talking about FACTIONS, with different classes within, plus the NPCs, the skins, etc. They won't be making more of them, it's way too much work in terms of designing and balance. Unless you want it to be flawed and incomplete, let's not ask for an entirely different game that the one they showed us.

IamCrumbz
06-16-2015, 11:01 PM
Brainstorming never hurt anyone, plus im not expecting these demands be met by launch. >.> nobody can argue an say they wouldn't love to see more fractions release with Dlc expandsions packs.

Beas7ie
07-04-2015, 12:11 AM
I'd love to see Greeks and Romans.

Indian Rajputs.

Korean Hwarang

Chinese Warriors(bust out some kung fu!)

Mongolians and Huns

Native Americans

There's lots of possibilities for future warrior types and if they're done properly and not just cheap cash grabs I'll gladly pay for DLC that has new factions to play as.

In fact, depending on what warriors that will be released I'll not only pay but I'll also be "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!"

premiumart
08-02-2015, 12:48 PM
Guys, we're not talking about new classes here, we're talking about FACTIONS, with different classes within, plus the NPCs, the skins, etc. They won't be making more of them, it's way too much work in terms of designing and balance. Unless you want it to be flawed and incomplete, let's not ask for an entirely different game that the one they showed us.

I dont think new factions are too much to ask for, if the game sells well, i think a new faction later down the road as dlc is totally possible.

Shuai8297
08-03-2015, 06:20 PM
More warrior from more cultures sounds awesome, although personally I'd prefer if they didn't add them as new factions for a couple of reasons.

1. As of right now you're only able to play as one faction per team. That is, you can't have two chosen and two legionnaires. That means that if we have 5+ factions the playerbase will be really divided and there'll be a high risk of friends not being able to play with each other using their favorite characters.

2. Since each faction need to have enough characters and diveristy to account for a four man team, that means each faction will take considerably more development time to bring to us, not to mention lots of cool historical warriors who only uses a few iconic weapons will have a hard time making it into the game since there isn't enough diversity to justify an entire faction.

I'd much prefer if new warriors either are "stand-alone" and able to chose a faction to join (i.e. available for all factions), or tacked onto an existing faction, mercenary style.

shyWolverine
08-04-2015, 01:22 AM
I would love for a Spanish or French expedition themed faction based around the 17th/18th century. Their weapons would be things like the rapier, cutlass, halberd/pike etc, with a strong emphasis on discipline and finesse in their fighting style.

HQQx2
08-14-2015, 07:37 AM
Pirates, Greeks, Ninja's

I think that related to the existing warrior classes, you can have already a huge diversity of offensive and defensive fighting styles (and even maybe perks etc...) just by playing with the Samurai and the Knight, without mentioning the Viking with its shield technique.

To add any other warrior class that comes from the same historical time period as these three units that carries the same fame, renown, and a different type of diversity in its combat technique is almost impossible...

Other obviously famous warrior classes such as the Spartans for example or even maybe Pirates would be nearly impossible since historically talking, Spartans used Bronze weapons (While the Samurai, Knights and Vikings historically used Steel) and Pirates yea... pistols and grenades doesn't since to fit well for this game I think...

MisterWillow
08-15-2015, 07:59 PM
More warrior from more cultures sounds awesome, although personally I'd prefer if they didn't add them as new factions for a couple of reasons.

1. As of right now you're only able to play as one faction per team. That is, you can't have two chosen and two legionnaires. That means that if we have 5+ factions the playerbase will be really divided and there'll be a high risk of friends not being able to play with each other using their favorite characters.

2. Since each faction need to have enough characters and diveristy to account for a four man team, that means each faction will take considerably more development time to bring to us, not to mention lots of cool historical warriors who only uses a few iconic weapons will have a hard time making it into the game since there isn't enough diversity to justify an entire faction.

I'd much prefer if new warriors either are "stand-alone" and able to chose a faction to join (i.e. available for all factions), or tacked onto an existing faction, mercenary style.

All of this expresses my thoughts, but that bolded bit is the biggest reason I don't think it's really a good idea to make entirely new factions. The proposal to have new warriors added to existing factions is something I brought up over HERE (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1237085-where-is-the-arabs), and I think that would be the best option for adding cultures; and if not as mercenaries, then as the result of alliances, even if they're shaky.

Native Americans

This would be the major exception. I think anything dealing with indigenous American cultures would work better as a standalone and completely separate expansion---similar to Battlefield Bad Company 2's Vietnam expansion---both because, from a realism standpoint, there's no way warriors wearing, at most, wooden breastplates and animal hides would be able to stand toe-to-toe with one in full plate, and, because you could get really in depth with the cultures---Maya, Aztec, Sioux, Apache, Blackfoot, etc. etc. (probably combining some, through an alliance system, or grouping them via geography [plains, plateau, jungle])---and avoid the vague stereotypes we usually get in media.