PDA

View Full Version : Loving it so far but question remain

Knives_78
06-16-2015, 04:50 AM
Though I am high on this game I do have some questions about the factions and the combat.

I would like to know if the factions will each have classes in other words I do not want to be stuck being a Knight wielding a great sword or a Viking being berserker as in other fighting games that this may be compared to I like to have a sword and shield for combat and though being a Knight seems awesome I would like to play as a Man-at-Arms or an archer type every once in a while.

Yggdrasil_67
06-16-2015, 06:34 AM
Probably no archers since it's a melee combat game but I'm sure the Legions will have a flail-wielding, judging by the trailer.

SpabRog
06-16-2015, 06:35 AM
Hopefully it's just melee, I'm waiting urgently for more info. This game is definitely getting bought.

IamCrumbz
06-16-2015, 11:55 AM
Though I am high on this game I do have some questions about the factions and the combat.

I would like to know if the factions will each have classes in other words I do not want to be stuck being a Knight wielding a great sword or a Viking being berserker as in other fighting games that this may be compared to I like to have a sword and shield for combat and though being a Knight seems awesome I would like to play as a Man-at-Arms or an archer type every once in a while.

I agree with you, although this is a great game; I would love to see diverse weapon and armor customization feature's. I'd pefer long range combat rather than hand to hand. Samurai Archer's for the win

TheLight-Boogey
06-16-2015, 06:11 PM
I agree with you, although this is a great game; I would love to see diverse weapon and armor customization feature's. I'd pefer long range combat rather than hand to hand. Samurai Archer's for the win

Range combat has been done to death.

What really makes this game special is the melee focused combat in a multiplayer setting. I would hate for the melee gameplay to be interrupted by any archery mechanics. In the video that showed multiplayer game play you see the warriors unlock feats. I believe "feats" are the equivalent to kill streaks. Towards the end of the video, we see the Samurai crossing a narrow bridge to take on 2 Knights. The Samurai quickly triggers an arrow storm to disrupt them before engaging. That is a very clever gameplay mechanic and I hope mechanics like those are the extent of ranged combat. Player vs Player should primarily be about the stellar looking melee combat.

Also in the game play video it was mentioned that there are different classes within each Warrior patheon. I believe the developer mentioned he was a Samurai assassin, so although his defense wasn't very good, his offense was deadly. He even utilized some sort of throwing projectile before fully engaging, so again I hope the range stuff isn't too prominent. It makes sense for an assassin with bad defense to utilize mid-range projectiles but my fear is that once the community gets it hands on the game they will find ways to exploit the melee system and pick up cheap kills with range weapons.

WIth so many multiplayer shooters out there, the thing that really wowed me about For Honor was it's melee-centric competitive multiplayer.

SpaceElephant
06-16-2015, 07:37 PM
We can't tell much for now, as a lot is still under development, but yes, we'll have different classes for each faction, with all specific gameplay styles, but we are really focused on melee/closed quarter combat, with our Art of Battle system.

SonicRainboom24
06-16-2015, 10:21 PM
Range combat has been done to death.

What really makes this game special is the melee focused combat in a multiplayer setting. I would hate for the melee gameplay to be interrupted by any archery mechanics. In the video that showed multiplayer game play you see the warriors unlock feats. I believe "feats" are the equivalent to kill streaks. Towards the end of the video, we see the Samurai crossing a narrow bridge to take on 2 Knights. The Samurai quickly triggers an arrow storm to disrupt them before engaging. That is a very clever gameplay mechanic and I hope mechanics like those are the extent of ranged combat. Player vs Player should primarily be about the stellar looking melee combat.

Also in the game play video it was mentioned that there are different classes within each Warrior patheon. I believe the developer mentioned he was a Samurai assassin, so although his defense wasn't very good, his offense was deadly. He even utilized some sort of throwing projectile before fully engaging, so again I hope the range stuff isn't too prominent. It makes sense for an assassin with bad defense to utilize mid-range projectiles but my fear is that once the community gets it hands on the game they will find ways to exploit the melee system and pick up cheap kills with range weapons.

WIth so many multiplayer shooters out there, the thing that really wowed me about For Honor was it's melee-centric competitive multiplayer.

Not killstreaks, abilities, like a MOBA.

Knives_78
06-17-2015, 05:18 AM
We can't tell much for now, as a lot is still under development, but yes, we'll have different classes for each faction, with all specific gameplay styles, but we are really focused on melee/closed quarter combat, with our Art of Battle system.

Excellent thank you for the response and the game looks quite awesome.

Serdones
06-17-2015, 09:48 AM

Glad to hear it. My personal interest is in the melee combat anyway.