PDA

View Full Version : This Is My Type Of Game: 3rd person melee focus...can't wait

SHOshiaj
06-16-2015, 01:16 AM
I'm in love.

Puggerugger
06-16-2015, 01:33 AM
You should try playing other games in the sub genre in the meantime. Personal recommendations are mount and blade warband, dark/demons souls and bushido blade

Yugureki
06-16-2015, 02:58 AM
I love the Dark Souls series and most games with any time of Sword Combat so as soon as I saw this I was pretty much thinking the same.

Adam__Beckett
06-16-2015, 03:36 AM
I love the Dark Souls series and most games with any time of Sword Combat so as soon as I saw this I was pretty much thinking the same.

Well, my first thought was "Dark Souls" (the first one) too. Dark Souls has amazing close combat mechanics. And the variety of weapons and techniques of play styles it allows for is unmatched, imho. And thinking about Ubisoft and their expertise in sword gameplay since Assassin's Creed 1, I was excited - for a moment.

That is my 'wishful thinking hat'.

The second thought was "Chivalry" - that multiplayer combat game, which in no way is something I enjoy. Other people, running around in my game. Doing silly things, trying to 'break the game' and killing the immersiveness. Co-op & Multiplayer experiences are always the focus of game design these days. Make games 'sticky', so consumers are kept close to the publishers and their platform. I am a single player kind of guy. Hell is other people - especially gaming with random people on the Internet. And to me, everyone is a stranger.

I would enjoy this game, if it would allow for single player gaming. But it seems, this is not an option.

IamCrumbz
06-16-2015, 12:03 PM
The samurai faction reminds me of Tenchu Z

Kenji_Hattori
06-16-2015, 07:41 PM
Same here, i wanna play this game so bad. I cannot wait. I want it RIGHT NOW! Are there Demo's going on at all?