PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Level MAX DLC Announced

RetiredRonin
06-16-2015, 12:56 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen, we are proud to present the largest and most impressive content pack for Trials Fusion yet! What kind of content are we looking at? Oh, man. Let’s jump into some of what we are looking at, but forgive me if I can’t cover all of it today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggIPfrUSOno

This DLC contains 40 tracks, including 28 Trials tracks, a new skill game, a new FMX track & 10 local supercross tracks. These tracks are broken down into two amazing themes; RedLynx vs All-Stars, where we pit some of the best community builders against our professional level designers, and The Awesome Adventure featuring a new Riding Hero, based 100% upon the awesomeness of the interwebz, and where tracks are a completely new adventure. In addition to the 40 tracks in the DLC we will also be adding 5 all new X-Supercross tracks. These 5 tracks will be free to all players of Trials Fusion.

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-US/game/trials/portal/Awesome_Down_To_Earth_207014.png

New challenges await you as well, from pleasing a mayor to DESTROYING PLANETS, 30 new challenges in fact. If you are like me and going for that 100%, then you’ll want to start getting back into the habit of not just always running for the platinum.

Are there new Achievements and trophies? Absolutely, there are 5 to be precise. 250 gamerscore is available for you Xbox One players. 1 gold, 2 silver and a bronze trophy for our Playstation 4 players. We also have 5 more squirrels for you to find, if you can!

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-US/game/trials/portal/Awesome_screenshot_207015.jpg

I briefly mentioned the new Trials Hero, but I didn’t mention that it was a cat riding a unicorn! I’m not joking. It is a majestic feline riding upon his single horned steed for the glory of all of the land. But that’s not all; the garage features a new outfit, a new helmet (Release the Kraken!), a camo for everyone’s favorite 4-wheeled vehicle and 2 new sets of rims!

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-US/game/trials/portal/Awesome_Kraken_207016.jpg

Builders fear not! We’ve got well over 100 new items for you to use to create amazing new creations. From 8-bit cat warriors to castle walls, fantasy forest items to... Well, the Earth itself. We can’t wait to see what you create!

That's all we have for now but tune in to Trials Live (http://www.twitch.tv/redlynxofficial) on twitch.tv (http://www.twitch.tv/redlynxofficial) Tuesday June 16th for a preview of the Redlynx VS All-Stars event.

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-US/game/trials/portal/Awesome_preview-stream_207017.jpg

ObeseSpectator
06-16-2015, 01:20 AM
Neat. Should we expect the DLC to be sold standalone or is it bundled into the season pass, I'm assuming the former is true in this case? Also 100 new objects is definitely something to get pumped about, I just hope the objects aren't all thematically similar to our unicorn friend.

Hairy Cabbage
06-16-2015, 01:26 AM
epic... xD

Edit: only 5 achievements? hopefully there will be more DLC to come after then then... 2750 is ugly.

TheSlimReeper
06-16-2015, 01:32 AM
Awsome, looking forward to more information

Jeruhnq
06-16-2015, 02:03 AM
This is a 'real' DLC!! 40 tracks! New rider + 'bike'!
Reminds me the old DLC, nice work!

Not sure if i'll buy it full price ou just buy it, question of principle. But this DLC looks good, gonna watch the stream tomorrow :)

Mr Chaotix
06-16-2015, 03:37 AM
epic... xD

Edit: only 5 achievements? hopefully there will be more DLC to come after then then... 2750 is ugly.

Yeah, I agree. Where are the Donkey achievements? ;) Could add some and round it up to 3K
Looking forward to this DLC though, looks like it'll be fun.

bestinthewooorl
06-16-2015, 04:54 AM
Yeah this looks... great...

Actually, I don't even know if I'm worthy of playing such an incredibly wacky and epic DLC, so I'll have to skip this.

VEGASTRASH
06-16-2015, 05:49 AM
Does anyone know what time the stream is tomorrow? Vegas Trash time PST.

onesimpleclik
06-16-2015, 06:24 AM
its a shame that this DLC isn't coming to Xbox 360. supposedly because of 'hardware limitations', but that didn't stop Trials Fusion from coming to Xbox 360 in the first place, nor getting all of the first 6 DLC packs. i'm disappointed that i'm missing out on this piece of DLC, because it looks like a hell of a lot of fun. i hope that Red Lynx has something in the pipeline for Xbox 360 players as well. a new bike or maybe some body kits?

Jongie
06-16-2015, 08:54 AM
4 weeks to go! :cool:

BeardinUSA
06-16-2015, 11:12 AM
Only 1 new outfit is a bit disappointing to say the least. Especially since ive been playing frontier where there are crazy amounts of outfits to unlock.

As for unicorns and cats... i dunno whats going on. Maybe this is good news?

TheeDesecrator
06-16-2015, 11:27 AM
Strange, but I look forward to it.

V8 JEDI
06-16-2015, 12:31 PM
The usual time Vegas. 3pm London time. That 2.5 hrs from now. ��

RetiredRonin
06-16-2015, 12:42 PM
There will be no further updates to the Xbox 360 version of Trials Fusion. We have put in everything that will fit.

Lukeyy19
06-16-2015, 01:33 PM
I'm really on the fence regarding this DLC, I'm still not sure whether it's ridiculously stupid or brilliantly amazing. I think the All-Stars thing might be the deciding factor so we'll see.

funktastic-
06-16-2015, 01:49 PM
Yeah yeah i know is said i wouldnt post haha:p

In the middle of designing a new bedroom , plans up to my elbows , drawing board packed out i decided to have a break , grab some lunch and see if theres any news on whats going down at e3. So when i saw this i was drawn to it in an instance.

Sceptical whether i will like the whole fantasy unicorn and a cat theme , sort of past that age moons ago but looking at it from a different angle and as a builder this could open a whole new dimension within the building arena. Creating all kind of imaginative creations on different scales. I do wonder how the horse will actually fit into the trials aspect of the game. Meaning will the whole weight shifting of the rider still be the concept of the manouvers. Im not an horse rider although i coined the nick name " Dark Horse " from friends many years back so i dont know if wieght is a big portion of horse riding. I can imagine it may be slightly but as most jockeys are 2 foot and a dog end in size i doubt the weight of them would make a difference hahaha. This is something i am looking forward in seeing , but i suspect watching a horse doing a bunny hop might not look all that cool for the street cred hahah.

Looking forward how this all fits in and how the builidng stars will work out and work within the community. Really hope this doesnt change the main concept of trials though and become some touch screen or mobile spin off. Although i suppose any type of content that produces more builders , more choices is a good one. I do find the horse alittle too girly though and could be a little childish for the older gamers. Maybe this is aimed at a younger fans base which is cool i guess us old folks shouldnt be playing video games anyhow.

great stuff guys , seems you devs have been busy bees after all lol , looking forward to this , emensly

Anyhow back to the drawing board i got a bedroom to redesign.:)

EmptyBottle4
06-16-2015, 02:09 PM
I'm still not sure whether it's ridiculously stupid or brilliantly amazing.

For me its ridiculously stupid!
I wanted a little bit more realistic stuff...we do have already way to much fantasy-junk!

Rudemod 69
06-16-2015, 02:26 PM
I'm really on the fence regarding this DLC, I'm still not sure whether it's ridiculously stupid or brilliantly amazing.I'll go with the former. The Trials stuff had better be good.

Hi Funk, been a while. ;)

smilies123
06-16-2015, 04:56 PM
ok....this is awesome...but....
Wil the season pass holders get this incl or do we pay for it?
and what did you mean 8-bit cats.....means animated?

Cant wait to fendergrab with the unicorn, haha

Osoguineapig
06-16-2015, 05:20 PM
I have a feeling Muscles has at least one track in this new expansion :O

BlueBadger400
06-16-2015, 07:40 PM
Does this mean the builders have already been selected and the All Stars tracks already been built?

This means that the builders were selected a long time ago. We've said again and again on every platform possible that game development is not something that happens overnight. If the date for the ALM launch is one month away, that really means that the content has been locked down for a while now.

If so, I'm kind of pissed of that there was no anouncement for some kind of contest to get your track featured in a DLC like it was the case in Trials HD. This just seems unfair for all the other talented builders out there.

There wasn't any annoucement for any kind of contest because there wasn't one, builders were picked and that's it. But I will say that on this forum we've had the same "who do you build for?" discussion ten times over. Some people enjoy building for themselves, some do it for other reasons and no one can say what's the right or wrong way as long as you enjoy it.

Zurgery
06-16-2015, 08:02 PM
What are you doing to this game...

smilies123
06-17-2015, 01:13 AM
If there was no contest or whatever, how did you picked those User made tracks?
They uploaded it and never went online? i mean.....confusing.
If i build a track, and i share it...i would wonder where my track went.....unless i know about it....am i right?
Wich means that all tracks from the community are informed about this........exacly.:p

so the season pass was for 6 DLC's, howmuch wil this DLC cost?

simmzy1507
06-17-2015, 04:21 AM
I can't believe you actually ride a Unicorn in this game, it makes no sense.

PneumaticBog484
06-17-2015, 05:01 AM
I saw in the preview stream today that some objects were used from the past 6 DLCs in these tracks. Will this Expansion Pack offer a short of "pass" for those who didn't purchase the last 6 DLCs, to be able to play maps that have Season One DLC? For example, would they be able to play UGC that has the little DLC symbol by just buying this Expansion Pack?

If the answer is yes, I must say that is a great edition to the game. It will definitely bring more people back who didn't purchase the Season Pass.

OstracizedGamer
06-17-2015, 06:28 AM
Some mix comments we got here. I'm guessing that 30 challenges means 10 tracks, right? That's great and all, but I hope it's not like 10 bucks. I understand that the Season Pass is used up, but 10 might be a bit steep, IMO. I also wish we got more vehicles in the Pass since the game showed that there are so many bike slots in the garage. I would have also like to see an update to the full bike coloring that Evolution had. Anyway, off my tangent, I'm still definitely exited for this. Especially with this Unicorn because, and I'm not afraid to say this, Unicorns are freakin' awesome! Also, the Lnyx shooting a golden gun is pretty wild as well.

En0-
06-17-2015, 08:49 AM
If there was no contest or whatever, how did you picked those User made tracks?
They uploaded it and never went online? i mean.....confusing.
If i build a track, and i share it...i would wonder where my track went.....unless i know about it....am i right?
Wich means that all tracks from the community are informed about this........exacly.:p

so the season pass was for 6 DLC's, howmuch wil this DLC cost?

Here is how it happens:

- RedLynx decides to have more tracks in a DLC and we need more builders.
- The devteam decides to use this also to recognize the top talented builders.
- The level team and the community management team decide who we want to work with and establish a short list of players (builders).
- They contact them to propose them a contract. (meaning: we employ them remotely)
- The builders accept and they are added to a list on our servers.
- Being in this list allow them to send us some tracks without uploading them to Track Central.
- They send to our level team their tracks and the level team gives them feedback to keep improving the tracks.
- When the track is ready, we add them to the official build (as an official RL track) in the career mode, with RL tracks inside the new DLC.
- The UI is adapted to show the names of the creators (in the career menu and in the credits of the game)
- Then the build is submitted to Microsoft/Sony before being released.

It's a win-win-win practice.
- Win for the builders: they are recognized and rewarded for their work.
- Win for the players: they get more tracks in the DLC.
- Win for RL: We get closer of our top community and we keep involving them closer and closer.

Cheers,

En0-
06-17-2015, 08:55 AM
I saw in the preview stream today that some objects were used from the past 6 DLCs in these tracks. Will this Expansion Pack offer a short of "pass" for those who didn't purchase the last 6 DLCs, to be able to play maps that have Season One DLC? For example, would they be able to play UGC that has the little DLC symbol by just buying this Expansion Pack?

If the answer is yes, I must say that is a great edition to the game. It will definitely bring more people back who didn't purchase the Season Pass.

Hello,

That's one of the reason why even if you don't own a DLC, the datas are still in the build.
This means if you own the Awesome Max DLC but not the 6 firsts ones, we can still use the objects for the first 6 DLCs in the new one. It results in better quality tracks.
However, it doesn't mean you can play all the UGC tracks if you buy the Awesome Max DLC but not the first 6 ones.

However, there are objects that are proper to the Awesome Max DLCs as well. So, if a builder uses them, it works as for the previous DLCs.

But about allowing to play more UGC tracks even if you don't own the DLCs, we want to bring more flexibility on that but we'll explain that later.

Cheers,

En0-
06-17-2015, 08:56 AM
Some mix comments we got here. I'm guessing that 30 challenges means 10 tracks, right? That's great and all, but I hope it's not like 10 bucks. I understand that the Season Pass is used up, but 10 might be a bit steep, IMO. I also wish we got more vehicles in the Pass since the game showed that there are so many bike slots in the garage. I would have also like to see an update to the full bike coloring that Evolution had. Anyway, off my tangent, I'm still definitely exited for this. Especially with this Unicorn because, and I'm not afraid to say this, Unicorns are freakin' awesome! Also, the Lnyx shooting a golden gun is pretty wild as well.

Hello,

There is 30 tracks in the DLC.
10 of them (the Trials track done by RedLynx) have challenges, so it's 30 challenges.
The price will be announced soon but I have no worry about that. (it's more than fair)

Cheers,

Redlynx_Shogun
06-17-2015, 09:07 AM
Annnd... I took too long and En0 beat me to it :P

I'm guessing that 30 challenges means 10 tracks, right?
The Awesome Level MAX DLC has 30 new tracks:
- 22 in the Redlynx VS All-Stars Event
- 8 in the Awesome Adventure Event

We will also be including 10 local supercross tracks that are the original 10 X-Supercross tracks updated to work in local SX so total there are 40 tracks in the pack.

More info here (http://trials.ubi.com/trials-portal/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-206694-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32)

http://i.imgur.com/sM9GxaA.jpg

B8ZZ
06-17-2015, 09:55 AM
Any info. on a price yet?

L0RDMelchett
06-17-2015, 01:32 PM
Initial thoughts are that I can see 22 reasons why I would be excited for this DLC and another 8 as to why I wouldn't. Cats riding unicorns? Oh please. I take it you'll be dropping the word "Trials" from the title name soon since, with each incarnation, this game bears less and less resemblance to it's highly-rated and much-loved predecessors.

Ozy Be
06-17-2015, 01:52 PM
- Win for RL: We get closer of our top community and we keep involving them closer and closer.

Absolutely, thank you (all) for the content :)
I'm really looking forward to the RL v Allstars tracks, also the xsx,

Not so sure about all the unicorn stuff but could be good for a laugh, who knows?
It's aside from the Trials stuff so doesn't interfere with any of my enjoyment of the game.
I'm wondering will the unicorn be available in terms of track building? Epic Grand National XSX events in my head:)

Also... It's probably too late, but if not...
Can you please put rope pieces into the editor objects?
Knots, reels and lengths like in Evo,
It would really compliment the wood pieces from the last DLC and is lacking in making the editor closer to complete.
Please, please, pretty please:D

Cheers.

funktastic-
06-17-2015, 02:36 PM
Here is how it happens:

- RedLynx decides to have more tracks in a DLC and we need more builders.
- The devteam decides to use this also to recognize the top talented builders.
- The level team and the community management team decide who we want to work with and establish a short list of players (builders).
- They contact them to propose them a contract. (meaning: we employ them remotely)
- The builders accept and they are added to a list on our servers.
- Being in this list allow them to send us some tracks without uploading them to Track Central.
- They send to our level team their tracks and the level team gives them feedback to keep improving the tracks.
- When the track is ready, we add them to the official build (as an official RL track) in the career mode, with RL tracks inside the new DLC.
- The UI is adapted to show the names of the creators (in the career menu and in the credits of the game)
- Then the build is submitted to Microsoft/Sony before being released.

Cheers,

Hi eno , first i want to say that please dont take this as though i am moaning , i just want to add to the discussion if possible. I am pleased about the new dlc thats being released and looking forward to seeing and playing all aspects of this but coming from a very loyal community member of this game for a year now i can see where this may have been done better.

My main point of this is about the builders with whome have been contracted to support redlynx and help with tracks. This i can see being a very good buisness move , i can imagine the man power and dead lines where at low and where better else to get builders from but your own track central which is a great use of resources and a great idea but doing this in secret in a game that relies on the commitment of its gamers building tracks for its track central is what i can imagine can only ever lead to commited builders to this game to be rubbed up the wrong way without being involved at all in its event. By leaving out the whole community this project has given these said builders a label now and thats they are and will always be remembered as contractors of redlynx. This in my opinion does not far well to the every day runnings of track central. I can understand giving back and crediting talented builders by hand picking them which i can imagine these builders are the ones that already get every highlight spot , every feed or featured that gives credit thats introduced into track central. These very talented builders that have now become professional are going to still continue to be given highlighted spot continuously so what does this leave for the avarage joe within track centra. do we really want to see or play tracks from professionals , of course they can build them , they are developersl. These highlight feeds or features as i take it are for the everyday gamer who brings something creative and special to the game but if these places are being taken up by professional builders or contractors of redlynx then surly this completely changes the face of the actual intentions of track central.

These builders will also no doubt be people who have entered competitions within this game many of times , many have won and so they should as they are fantastic talanted builders but now that these people have been credited with the title developer contractors i cant see how it would be correct for these people to enter any amatuer building contest which can only be bad for trials fusion and its community. This i think could have been avoided by involving the community with this project , giving off the feeling of another competition and therefore the winners be then contracted. Also giving every other gamer of this game who contributes massive to this game a chance to even just take part even if there was no chance they would ever win.

If these contractors are always already dominating the highlight spots within this game as they most likely do then where does anyone who is just an avarage joe get a chance to progress ?. Giving to the same people on a constant bases is what i think i big downfall to this game. Obviously they are very talented but i can also see other talented people within this game ( not my self ) and this would have also produced other builders to up thier game , maybe inspire creators to produce better quality. I fear that the selection was done with favourtism in mind which is fine and true to a company and its team and nothing wrong with it. The thing that is wrong is claiming that its involved the community in its dlc when a community consists of hundreds of people or maybe thousands and not a few handfull of favoured selected people.

This is all my opinion mind , and none of the above is a whine , moan , or anything of this kind. I also understand there is things that i cant possible know or have taken into account. Please take this is nothing more than just a contribution to the forum and its announcment of the new dlc. I actually thought the all stars was something we could have take part in when the dlc was first released , like a build off type game style thingy lol.

Hope this isnt taken badly :)

Oh and hi rude , hows you bud :)

RetiredRonin
06-17-2015, 03:00 PM
I think that the fact that some people from the community were contacted to take part would be an inspiration to other builders. Keep building, keep honing your skills, and you never know what will happen.

We did something similar to this with Trials HD, only it was competition-based, the issue is that there is no chance for iteration, or making the tracks better based on feedback. What is built is what is there, and that's it. Some builders were a little upset that their "finished" tracks were altered, this isn't the case with RL vs Community, as the community members made the changes themselves.

PS: Just because I like this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N66X_oR-fEc

funktastic-
06-17-2015, 03:21 PM
Yeah i can see where it could be inspirational to think it could be your self that is approached one day if you make awsome tracks , good point. Better point is the collaboration that is involved within doing it via selection. Although this still could have been done via a competition and then the said 11 winners then collaborate with a different track but this would have been subject to a bigger time slot and if working to dead lines and targets was an issue then that would have taken alot longer. Still would have been totally awsome to even just enter a competition like that , even just to take part and be part of the whole process would have been so cool.

Great vid , some awsome looking tracks , wow @ shogun looking really young , is that what happens working for redlynx hahah.

cheers for the response shifty:) have a good one bud

En0-
06-17-2015, 03:44 PM
Hello Funk,

Thanks for the post.

I think being contracted by RedLynx and having his creation in an official product is the climax of the recognition for a builder. So, it's normal that it's a handful of people. I think we picked some people in this list that we didn't highlight much before (outside of Uplay weekly recommended picks) and I think we highlighted some people before that we didn't pick for this collaboration.

Would they dominate the building competition? No, I don't think. TeriXeri, Pneumaticbog, yourself and others can easily win some competitions. The skills for the collaboration and the skills to win a competition are different. For collaboration, we need to have someone who can work as a team, who is really good at riding and building Trials tracks and who can commit to deadline (among other things). To win a competition, you need to have the 1 great idea that will fit the guidelines/constraints of the competition, you don't need to be able to work as a team, it's regularly outside of Trials track (XSX, skill games, etc...).

Why we don't involve the community entirely and let them vote for who they want? Well, it has been done for HD I think? (I was not working on Trials at that time, I don't know :) )
I believe tha it's important that the team chose with who they want to work. The alchemy between people matters. We also want to chose who is rewarded (and taken as an example) and who is left aside. (+ what Shifty said above)

I think motivated builders should see it as: I want to be one of the picked builders for a future official track pack! These builders should keep practicing their craft, keep being involved positively in the community and becomes one of the greatest builder.

I am not shy saying we involved the community. It's a strong position and it's something we want to expand in other forms as well. This time we involved builders, next time it may be speed runners or community event organizers. This kind of collaboration is something that will always involve only a handful of people (more or less) because it's the most advanced collaboration between RL and the community. This people are voices from the community who have, for a time period, a real direct impact to the game (official content). We read everyone's feedback and we aim to collaborate with the community at different levels (articles, videos, content, features, events, etc...).

Cheers,

PneumaticBog484
06-17-2015, 03:58 PM
Okay, thanks En0- for the answer! I look forward to that flexibility that comes later :)

@RoguishRonin Is that.... Shogun's.... hair?!?!?! :eek:

I actually used to have hair like that :rolleyes:

RetiredRonin
06-17-2015, 05:22 PM
Yeah, people forget fedora wearing long-haired Shogun.... But I never will, and I won't let him forget it either.

Morfyboy
06-17-2015, 06:04 PM
Keep forgetting Shifty built a cool track.. :p. What went wrong dude? Hehehe..Just kidding. Excellent track dude.. Neat DL..

That was a nice blast from the past.. Some excellent creations and very unique in that comp.. :)

attila-999
06-17-2015, 08:13 PM
all star and I'm not there?
lol, I expect an answer because we all know the major builders

if you doubt you can I suggérrer future builders?

here it is:

Dragon ... ok
THDTE
IZEZ
KIDMPC (x360 Return)
MurderBySound (x360, always, but certainly one of the best)
ManonFire
AMORPHOUS (x360 Return)

make money .... but you have left the company does not accept those contradictions

funktastic-
06-17-2015, 10:09 PM
Hello Eno thank you for your thoughtful reply

Without going into all i will say that there is many things that you have pointed out that make sense and give credit to selecting hand picked builders.I agree it is very important to choose who you would like to work with within a team project , makes things run more smoothly and like i said to shifty makes collaboration much more smoothly , i didnt take this into consideration but do now. I still think that this would most likely have still ended up in the same result if the developers had ran a competition as they would have selected the favoured builders as they do now but would have involved the whole community which would have been amazing. I for one have the most admiration for the selected builders as their talented is at the top which is something that i my self would love to be able to say one day , although i doubt that i will reach that far up the building progress tree but i will certainly give it my best shot. Fair play to the guys in being that good they get approached by a gaming company.

I guess my point was only a naturel one , will people see the spots that these guys hereafter take up as a flawed or biased event. These guys have been paid for tracks where the average joe is doing this for fun. There is a difference and i just think that many whome are young kids within track central may see it this way. I guess time will tell and like i said my view is from an average joe who has no idea in how to run a gaming company.

As for comps , there isn't many that enter competitions that really bother about who's entering to be honest so i guess my thought on that was a hasty one , also i remember when i use to travel around the uk to taekwondo competitions , it always made it that much self satisfying if you won any of your fights if the opponents were of a high standard. Although it was a nightmare to travel hundreds of miles to loose your first fight and have to drive all the way home feeling real bad about the lose.

Thanx for the reply Eno , i appreciate the time taken and thoughful response.

also can i just say thanx guys for not jumping on my post and giving the post time to breath and be answered and sorted in a cool way.:)

VEGASTRASH
06-18-2015, 07:41 AM
It's great to see community creators having in game content and being paid. Well deserved.
I would think Attila would be in that batch of people. There was no need for a contest, as these guys have created for years and are proven great creators.

So, 22 True Trials tracks? 6 tracks for the unicorn. Skill game demoed looked nice. Dragon Micky's track was exceptional...if it wasn't obvious. Great community of talented creators.

I know the unicorn is mostly a goof and gaming it about fun, but I don't see what this brings to the game? It seems like everything in society feels the need to dumb things down. Goat Simulator, Farmsomething....and so on. Trials is a game of skill and is quite challenging, as we all know. Why not play off the strengths of the game? To dedicated 20% of the DLC to a unicorn...leaves me without words really.
It takes away development from other areas. Say, 8 new rider outfits or more, a new and useful bike/s (Harley style, moped), 6 true trials tracks, more custom objects. I'm all for that vs. a unicorn. A gimmick is always easier to create than improving the core. I would have preferred a drunken clown on a unicycle.

It's nice to add another 5 Xcross tracks and I'm sure you guys will figure out how to code the User tracks in the Multiplayer correctly this time around. It's a great idea and appreciated. I see they're taken out for now....actually, a good call. The long load time was making MP appear broken.
10 local tracks is generous, but I can't remember I played Trials with someone in person. I would have done 10 Xcross, 5 local...if that.

I'm glad there's more content and I'm sure the Trials tracks will rock. 14 months in and still NEW content is great. I'd even welcome a second season DLC taking everyone right into the next Trials game.

Possible title for the next game: Trials PURE, no tricks, few skill games, true next gen graphics, UGC incorporated from the start into the game, old style tournaments, refined and improved MP
Graphics sell games...a strong engine would be nice, if possible.

A cat riding a unicorn...how does this improve the Trials experience?

Redlynx_Shogun
06-18-2015, 09:21 AM
Yeah, people forget fedora wearing long-haired Shogun.... But I never will, and I won't let him forget it either.
I miss that hat :(

Not so much the hair

En0-
06-18-2015, 09:24 AM
Hello,

Thanks for the honest and constructive feedback. I'll take the time to answer it.

I know the unicorn is mostly a goof and gaming it about fun, but I don't see what this brings to the game? It seems like everything in society feels the need to dumb things down. Goat Simulator, Farmsomething....and so on. Trials is a game of skill and is quite challenging, as we all know. Why not play off the strengths of the game? To dedicated 20% of the DLC to a unicorn...leaves me without words really.
It takes away development from other areas. Say, 8 new rider outfits or more, a new and useful bike/s (Harley style, moped), 6 true trials tracks, more custom objects. I'm all for that vs. a unicorn. A gimmick is always easier to create than improving the core. I would have preferred a drunken clown on a unicycle.

It's nice to add another 5 Xcross tracks and I'm sure you guys will figure out how to code the User tracks in the Multiplayer correctly this time around. It's a great idea and appreciated. I see they're taken out for now....actually, a good call. The long load time was making MP appear broken.
10 local tracks is generous, but I can't remember I played Trials with someone in person. I would have done 10 Xcross, 5 local...if that.

I'm glad there's more content and I'm sure the Trials tracks will rock. 14 months in and still NEW content is great. I'd even welcome a second season DLC taking everyone right into the next Trials game.

Possible title for the next game: Trials PURE, no tricks, few skill games, true next gen graphics, UGC incorporated from the start into the game, old style tournaments, refined and improved MP
Graphics sell games...a strong engine would be nice, if possible.

A cat riding a unicorn...how does this improve the Trials experience?

That's a good question (and asked in a neat way).

We can't only focus on the core experience alone because it's a niche experience, it limits the potential audience. If we want to keep supporting Trials Fusion and do more Trials in the future, we need to make sure the project is profitable. Also, it's important for us to make sure Trials remain an accessible game in terms of price point (I don't think there is many other games that provide this amount of content/quality for this kind of pricing). Games are more and more complicated and expensive to build (in average, there are exceptions), so we need to make sure we open it to more players who don't come for the highly skilled and difficult core experience but for other reasons. Trials and RedLynx (particularly Anba) have always been kind of insane (the riddle, the squirrels...) and the creative team wanted to push this insanity further (they really like to explore new environment, context etc...) and propose an experience that is more towards fun adventure/platforming and less towards skills and leaderboards grinding.

So, on Fusion, we try different things (challenges, FMX, panda, unicorn....) and see how it works. But we always particularly take care to also give to the core community some things they expect (recently: single lane multiplayer, ninja feeds, donkey, more Trials track in the DLC...) and things they don't expect but may like (branching driving line, replay camera...). We also take care that the additions are not invasive (challenges are optional, FMX doesn't impact global leaderboards, the Unicorn is only 8 tracks among 120+ tracks of the career mode, etc...).

So, yes, you're right. This kind of additions take development time away from the core experience. But it brings players and players are in the end providing what we need to get more development time that will also serve the core experience.

This DLC has things for everyone:
- Core players get new top quality tracks
- Builders get new objects
- "mainstream" players get a funny and unique experience with the unicorn
- Everyone gets a few new customization objects

I hope it answers your question :)

Cheers,

VEGASTRASH
06-18-2015, 09:29 AM
I miss that hat :(

Not so much the hair

I actually thought you were bald because you always wore that hat. Then you changed your look a bit and I realized you had better hair than me....rough day for the Trashman.
I figured you were just a big Randy Brecker fan.
http://www.united-mutations.com/b/randy_brecker.jpg

VEGASTRASH
06-18-2015, 09:45 AM
So, yes, you're right. This kind of additions take development time away from the core experience. But it brings players and players are in the end providing what we need to get more development time that will also serve the core experience.

Cheers,

Sure there is more time for development with greater sales. I never considered that actually. The question would be, does adding a unicorn really bring in more players? Or FMX? Or challenges?

A good comparison would be Trials HD to Evolution. Evolution to Fusion. HD sold @ 3 million units. Evo is just under 2.5 million....I think? Fusion is @ 2 million now? and out for 14 months only.
Trying new things is great, but I never saw the additions as something that had great replay value and truly added value to the game. Again, this is my opinion.
Take multiplayer for instance. A great dialed robust multiplayer experience should yield more gameplay and overall value, then say challenges or a unicorn ever would. I realize MP is constantly being improved and worked on and probably a different department than the unicorn division. It's still overall resources and money spent on the development.
My take on things may be slightly disconnected from the mass of gamers. I know Goat Simulator was great for many out there, but unless I smashed my head repeatedly with a crowbar...things like this are just not that amusing to me....much like a unicorn.
I would have liked to have seen different character perhaps, like Frontier.
I'm sure the DLC will be solid overall and in the end, I'm glad there is new content. It's just rough seeing a unicorn in a Trials game. It's like your girlfriend going to the beauty parlor and coming back with 5 pounds of make up on saying, "I look beautiful right?" Well....you did....you know, before.
Bad analogy...haha

funktastic-
06-18-2015, 11:08 AM
Some good point trashman , the comp idea wasn't really to find out who's best , the best would have been the same people who's already been picked. The idea of a compititions would have only brought many many more builders out of the wood work within tc , maybe given builders that more of an edge to make a better track therefore it would have been a win win for track central. What builder wouldn't have built an entry to have thier track in the game. I think there would have been a vast amount of increased quality tracks within tc. I just think that it was an oppertunity missed to improved the quality of tracks in track central. As for the unicorn and lynx/cat im on the fence about it , it does seem very odd to have this added feature in a game like this but i guess this is aimed at the younger market and not us old farts. I don't know any adults that like cats riding unicorns in pink fluffy clouds , only ones that are on drugs hahaha , maybe this is also aimed to the female side of the game also and would tie into introducing a female rider. Im looking forward to what objects are added with this dlc and what type of enviroments things come with it , i do hope they are not all pink fluffy clouds and rainbows. Pure example of the age range this is aimed at. My youngest daughter who is 8 saw the vid when i was watching the preview and begged me to get it she was so excited. It could be a good edition to the game for some people but the whole unicorn seems to have dominating the whole front of the dlc package. Maybe this could have been sold as a smaller seperate dlc therefore giving the option if you want to play along with the children:p. Making the more important aspect of the dlc cheaper lol

TheeDesecrator
06-18-2015, 11:29 AM

I was watching this live. Good times. But as a long-hair myself, I was hoping it was going to go the other way. Seeing someone cut their hair is always devastating. I don't recall what would've happened if Shogun won, but I think you would've been attacked by water balloons or something from everyone at your office. That would've been entertaining, and far less permanent.

Jongie
06-18-2015, 12:14 PM
As for the unicorn and lynx/cat im on the fence about it , it does seem very odd to have this added feature in a game like this but i guess this is aimed at the younger market and not us old farts. I don't know any adults that like cats riding unicorns in pink fluffy clouds , only ones that are on drugs hahaha , maybe this is also aimed to the female side of the game also and would tie into introducing a female rider.l

Don't forget the art behind all this. There is always a message with everything they deliver, and that is a good thing. This is why i still love Trials that much!

empecee
06-18-2015, 12:56 PM
Don't forget the art behind all this. There is always a message with everything they deliver, and that is a good thing. This is why i still love Trials that much!

i dont see any art at all . or a message . i do see something very interesting coming . and its not a cat on a unicorn .

RetiredRonin
06-18-2015, 12:57 PM
I was watching this live. Good times. But as a long-hair myself, I was hoping it was going to go the other way. Seeing someone cut their hair is always devastating. I don't recall what would've happened if Shogun won, but I think you would've been attacked by water balloons or something from everyone at your office. That would've been entertaining, and far less permanent.

Shot from 20ft with paintball guns. Mine would have been physically painful, while Shogun's was psychologically painful.

You can decide which is worse.

funktastic-
06-18-2015, 01:08 PM
@jongie

Oh yeah without question it looks awsome , love the golden gun view in the preview , could have made the unicorn look alittle more mean and firece. I do think that with the end of this trails coming around the corner it could also be a good buisness move to introduce something like this to get the advertisment it would need that then could be used as a spin off for the mobile and touch screen devices in a completly different manner , could possibly be the foundation in which relynx is moving towards , maybe the whole bike trials is getting old in the research thats possibly been done who knows. One thing for sure is that anything new is always something good , in some weird way i am looking forward to seeing what it brings , will see , it will either be total awsome or a complete flop. I actually like thing that take a gamble in many ways and not just stick to the easy routes. As it goes the mass majoirty of this game i would imagine is the younger audience so it make sense to do something aim to them and not use old dinosours lol. Not sure what bracket you fit into bud but i know im feeling somewhat extinct , big 40 this year. bring out the slippers and pipe:p

Jongie
06-18-2015, 01:40 PM
... big 40 this year. bring out the slippers and pipe:p
37 in two weeks, but still like crazy stuff like unicorns & cats! ;)

Rudemod 69
06-18-2015, 01:57 PM
We can't only focus on the core experience alone because it's a niche experience, it limits the potential audience. If we want to keep supporting Trials Fusion and do more Trials in the future, we need to make sure the project is profitable.Whilst I can appreciate and understand your reasoning, EnO, you don't want to lose your core audience. We are the ones who play daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, always returning. The casuals will not do this. Some of the hardcore have already been turned off by the direction the series is heading in.

We don't want to lose the main audience of the franchise, the hardcore. The casuals will not hang around, they'll soon be back to Cod, or whatever takes their fancy at the time.

Funk, have you ordered your pipe and slippers yet?

funktastic-
06-18-2015, 02:52 PM
@jongie

nearly joining the 40 gang i see haha , you honestly like unicorns ? do you smoke pot lol:p. I use to many moons ago although i was into the doors many moons ago.:)

@ Rude

Yeah rude even with my name wirtten on them , think i need a matching dressing gown. Might change my name to oldgit lol.

booped
06-18-2015, 03:23 PM
Unicorns are not my thing, but I suppose the direction trials goes in from here depends on what ubisoft bought redlynx for, trials or the talent.

I remember when DICE made pinball and racing games in a little studio in sweden, very good ones but I suppose they have grown into a better studio by spreading their wings.

I would love a pure trials experience with new graphics and fixed physics but I think I may be waiting a while.

attila-999
06-18-2015, 07:46 PM
Attila is back, and he is not happy!
you know why?
you want to know why?
let me explain ... .... and then read this:

Attila is quick-witted, dynamic, and fully know its faults ....
Attila say what he thinks ...
Attila is still live ....
Attila does not forget ....
Attila can not say other than "via translator" ....

but Attila is certain of one thing: "the sidelining by RL"
Now it vat explain why:

you remember TTJ2 "QUEEN ELISABEAST"?
why she was not in the contest?
RoguishRonin response:
there is the beast, eggs, alien rights .... For troubleshooting authors .... to pass on all platforms ....

my stupor is enormous .... when I discover the trail of a friend on TWITCH "Certified 5th element By Luc Besson t"
maximum exposure on a DLC to go to court, so the judge will judge .... .... or so this is only a deception .... a lack of communication skills .....

my question is simple, and I want that to be me that responds RoguishRonin
you have a problem with my track or with me? .....

in all cases, despite your answer to be a hoax ....

let me tell you that this DLC, I looked forward to, well done guys!
but remember that we are fans, and all the lies will be discovered one day!

ah, I forgot, I usually have no RedLynx answer, despite, I asked Violent way! .... and all there!

when you have nothing to say to her mouth is closed .... and I have many things to say ....

then close my account ..... if the problem is!

This will be faster than doing apology ..... or say "yet" the silliness ....

signed: attila999

attila-999
06-18-2015, 08:22 PM
well ... yes, I know RoguishRonin .... you can not justify yourself ... it's hard .... ...... in your personal case you forget who you bring in new players, you glorify those "with whom one has no problem"

.... Commercially small you are ..... .and attila see, you're connected!

EDIT :

Offline roguishRonin.....
lol .... amazing, and tomorrow "RedLynx whole house will be justified around a round table on slows down the rendering attila"

remember, these messages (above) .... in one year, it vaudrons of gold .... Attila fights for an injustice .... these are the facts ...

Never forget: tomorrow attila is deleted, the forum or roundtable is made to meet Attila

or worse Russian politics .... "no comment"

Rudemod 69
06-18-2015, 10:42 PM
attila, I'm not quite sure what your beef is or the politics of the situation.

What I do know is that you're one awesome builder. QUEEN ELISABEAST was really good. Keep doing what you do in the editor, bro.

IFTHISTHENTHAT
06-18-2015, 10:47 PM
Please more info on this second season pass. Are you guys the first devs to ever offer a season pass and a SECOND season pass?

ObeseSpectator
06-18-2015, 10:58 PM
Please more info on this second season pass. Are you guys the first devs to ever offer a season pass and a SECOND season pass?

I don't believe a second season pass has ever been mentioned by either Redlynx or Ubisoft, which means conversations on the topic are sheer speculation.

BeardinUSA
06-19-2015, 11:39 AM
Hello,

Thanks for the honest and constructive feedback. I'll take the time to answer it.

That's a good question (and asked in a neat way).

We can't only focus on the core experience alone because it's a niche experience, it limits the potential audience. If we want to keep supporting Trials Fusion and do more Trials in the future, we need to make sure the project is profitable. Also, it's important for us to make sure Trials remain an accessible game in terms of price point (I don't think there is many other games that provide this amount of content/quality for this kind of pricing). Games are more and more complicated and expensive to build (in average, there are exceptions), so we need to make sure we open it to more players who don't come for the highly skilled and difficult core experience but for other reasons. Trials and RedLynx (particularly Anba) have always been kind of insane (the riddle, the squirrels...) and the creative team wanted to push this insanity further (they really like to explore new environment, context etc...) and propose an experience that is more towards fun adventure/platforming and less towards skills and leaderboards grinding.

So, on Fusion, we try different things (challenges, FMX, panda, unicorn....) and see how it works. But we always particularly take care to also give to the core community some things they expect (recently: single lane multiplayer, ninja feeds, donkey, more Trials track in the DLC...) and things they don't expect but may like (branching driving line, replay camera...). We also take care that the additions are not invasive (challenges are optional, FMX doesn't impact global leaderboards, the Unicorn is only 8 tracks among 120+ tracks of the career mode, etc...).

Cheers,

The core experience doesnt have to be a niche experience though. You just have to sell people on it. A robust multiplayer experience at launch would have people telling their friends to buy the game so they could play multiplayer together. Also trials frontier seems to be doing well, despite delivering just a core experience. One thing trials frontier does really well is progressions, tons of unlocks to incentivize continued play... very few people will grind away for leaderboard position, but ALOT of people will grind away trying to unlock new outfits and bikes.

But the main hurdle is just a lack of teaching tools. The tutorials are very shallow and only teach basic techniques so eventually people just hit a brick wall and give up. UniversityofTrials I think proves alot of people need more help than whats provided in game, but few people are going to take the time to seek outside help. Maybe something like a tutorial mode, where players can select it for a track and have the technique for each obstacle broken down for them using a ghost rider in game.

Of course that kind of stuff would be more for the next trials. But selling people on the core experience I think is overall better for a sales perspective rather than trying to draw in more players briefly with gimmicks.

Granted at this point in the lifecycle I dont think attempting to sell people on the core experience would accomplish much, as most the players still around are already sold on the core experience. In reality you are probably correct a cat riding a unicorn will probably turn some heads and sell some copies. So while im sure it wont be my cup of tea, I get it. However I do think fmx and the panda was a mistake. The launch window is the prime opportunity to convert the casual fanbase into core players (and ultimately a long term revenue source), but the core gameplay wasnt up to snuff.

For the next trials I really think the base games needs to focus on the core experience, with lots of progression and unlocks to keep butts in the seats, multiplayer, tutorials etc.... things that make people want to keep loading the game up day after day. The DLC is definitely a good time to introduce more gimmicky aspects and get noticed after sales have slowed. So I aint even mad about the unicorn, because it is actually probably a smart business decision.

But for the next trials, please focus on the core gameplay for launch and save the gimmicky stuff for the DLC. I think it will work out better not just for the fans, but also the business side of things.

VEGASTRASH
06-19-2015, 01:35 PM
Beardin is spot on. I've said the same. Launching with a broken track central and no MP through 10 months wasn't great, but that's done and over. Of course you'll draw more people in the stronger the initial game is. now that MP is being dialed in, I hope it starts the same way for the next Trials and not a blank slate, like this time. Same for all the other improvements.
Progression is a big one. If you're not a true trials player, there is nothing bringing you into the game. You earn XP points, but what can do with them after a point? There is no addictive element to the game, like Frontier has. Outfits, bikes, secret tracks, editor pieces, characters, special content from making of the game...I'd even prefer that challenges were unlocked through gameplay...rather than just backing up on a track, etc. I actually play no challenges because I'm too lazy to look for the areas or look it up on the web. I'd prefer to just click a button and do the challenge. as you achieve a platinum or gold, you get the medal plus unlock challenges for that track...and so on.

IImayneII
06-19-2015, 02:40 PM
I'll just say I agree with Vegastrash and BeirdinUSA. From the point of the consumer the game was lacking several things on launch, after an explenation of RL I understand why this path was chosen but it was not properly communicated. In the day and age of early access titles, a full release of a game shouldn't lack features on launch, specially when you have a game that is already "niche". Most people just want a casual game experience and I feel Trials doesn't offer that properly (or at least not on launch). Granted the game got alot better but there are still features that feel like they can improve that experience if properly implemented. Like an XP/money system that still doesn't offer much, lack of customizations of bike/rider, all features that seem to be handled alot better in frontier so I don't get why these are lacking in Fusion.

If there's a next trials game I would also like to see less seperate DLC's. Only thing they do is limit options if people don't buy the whole season pass. For example, currently there aren't even tracks with DLC objects in multiplayer because of it, wich is a huge waste imo for everyone who bought the season pass. I feel that the base game + first season pass should have been one package, even when that makes the initial game more expensive since it's not even that high up in price anyway.

However I don't think fmx and the panda where a mistake. It's good to have more variety in the game as long as it isn't forced upon the player (wich I don't think it is).

Ozy Be
06-19-2015, 02:54 PM
^ True stories
The reason and only reason I still play this game is because I love Trials, "Trials, not Fusion,Evo or HD,Trials"
The basic concept of riding a bike from A to B competitively and the ability to create and enjoy others creations in game is what makes Trials the best game out there imo
The direction needs to be focused from day one, working from day one and complete from day one!
Patches should be outlawed, I'm all for DLC, feature updates and expansions to keep the game alive,
But for me the game can live out its days until the next installment no problem without these additions (as long as it works correctly from the start)
Adding gimmicks and fixing issues that should not be there really dampens the overall enjoyment to a degree as it just makes the whole thing seem desperate and amateurish.
I don't mean gimmicks in a derogatory sense as I don't know if it was always intended to be this way, but this is how it appears to me,

Understanding the fact that my opinion is irrelevant in here and the game will be sold as RL/Ubi see fit, just felt like sharing the opinion nonetheless.
What I don't understand is, the situation gaming is in these days has become the status quo (not directed at RL/Ubi, but gaming in general)
If you want Trials to be a world beater, release a game that is without issue (no matter how long that takes) and show the world what it takes to be a better developer!

Long live Trials

RetiredRonin
06-19-2015, 02:55 PM
Attila is back, and he is not happy!
you know why?
you want to know why?
let me explain ... .... and then read this:

Attila is quick-witted, dynamic, and fully know its faults ....
Attila say what he thinks ...
Attila is still live ....
Attila does not forget ....
Attila can not say other than "via translator" ....

but Attila is certain of one thing: "the sidelining by RL"
Now it vat explain why:

you remember TTJ2 "QUEEN ELISABEAST"?
why she was not in the contest?
RoguishRonin response:
there is the beast, eggs, alien rights .... For troubleshooting authors .... to pass on all platforms ....

my stupor is enormous .... when I discover the trail of a friend on TWITCH "Certified 5th element By Luc Besson t"
maximum exposure on a DLC to go to court, so the judge will judge .... .... or so this is only a deception .... a lack of communication skills .....

my question is simple, and I want that to be me that responds RoguishRonin
you have a problem with my track or with me? .....

in all cases, despite your answer to be a hoax ....

let me tell you that this DLC, I looked forward to, well done guys!
but remember that we are fans, and all the lies will be discovered one day!

ah, I forgot, I usually have no RedLynx answer, despite, I asked Violent way! .... and all there!

when you have nothing to say to her mouth is closed .... and I have many things to say ....

then close my account ..... if the problem is!

This will be faster than doing apology ..... or say "yet" the silliness ....

signed: attila999

Attila, your track had the exact characters from a movie. It even said "Ellen L. Replay" that is close enough to "Ellen L. Ripley". We had a conversation about a track on a live-stream where I said "This has a 5th Element feel". It had flying cars. It did not call out characters by name as far as I could see. Flying cars aren't the same as having an Alien Queen and the name for the main character in the track.

You aren't "fighting for injustice", you are angry that your track wasn't in a Uplay Recommended drop based on the decisions of a team (not just myself). That decision will not be changed, and it is actually part of what caused our "No IP outside of Ubisoft" rule. If anyone makes a track that is blatantly using the IP from another company, and we don't get permission (which we have received in the past, such as PneumaticBog's Minecraft skillgame) then no, it won't be allowed in any competitions.

That IS fair. It is just.

If you feel like trying to attack me for letting you know about a decision that was made, then you are correct in that you will be removed from the forums.

Also: I'm not going to apologize for not seeing and responding within an hour to a post directed towards me in a thread about DLC. If you really want me to see something, send a PM. There's a higher chance I will see it. I do not spend every minute on the forums, even if I have a tab open and it says "RoguishRonin is online".

RetiredRonin
06-19-2015, 03:31 PM
Understanding the fact that my opinion is irrelevant in here and the game will be sold as RL/Ubi see fit, just felt like sharing the opinion nonetheless.
Your opinion is relevant, and we are reading it.

What follows is personal opinion and not necessarily the views or opinions of Ubisoft or RedLynx, a Ubisoft studio. (Gotta add those sometimes) It is solely my opinion.

What I don't understand is, the situation gaming is in these days has become the status quo (not directed at RL/Ubi, but gaming in general)
If the status quo means releasing Day One Patches and updating games, then I don't think you will see a change, but I will explain why this is actually a good thing. Also, this isn't about a specific game or studio or even publisher, this is just how making game software works:

When testing, no matter how much testing you do, you are not getting a realworld test. Sure, you can do betas and alphas, but how many people are going to offer real feedback? 5%? Probably less. That means that you could have massive issues that you never hear about with internal QA, external QA and even if you have multiple rounds of pre-release access. When betas happen closer to launch, you may have already submitted and received approval and certification for your release date. If you near the end of a beta and learn of a large issue, then you have your teams working really hard to get the game patched, get the patch through QA and certification, and hope that the patch is live before the game is actually available to play. You can simulate having millions of players connected, but without actually having those players connected you aren't getting 100% accuracy.

Sometimes Day One patches introduce new items, stories or other content that developers had wanted to get into the game before it shipped, but a cutoff was given for when it must be Feature Complete. Once a game is Feature Complete, you stop adding in new stuff and everyone starts polishing what is there. If you get everything all finished up, you don't go back in and start adding back what you took out before it was Feature Complete. You get the game shipped and you add anything else into an update, otherwise you are risking breaking the game and causing an otherwise "finished" product to be delayed when it was working as intended.

There are literally hundreds of millions of gamers now. We have left behind the times before games couldn't be updated. We live in a world where online interactions are the norm, and games that do not include these components are seen as somehow lacking. What we don't talk about when we talk about "games used to be perfect out of the box" is that most of those games didn't have online components. You had a few save games, and if your save broke due to a bug, you likely thought it was a bad cartridge seat, or maybe a scratch on the disc. You didn't get on the internet and get mad, because there wasn't really as much of an option. You shrugged your shoulders and restarted the game or loaded a previous save.

Back in the NES days, the largest games were still less than 50mb. Games today are typically 8000-45000mb. They require far more code and far more options. When I played Super Mario Brothers, I had two options; 1-Player, or 2-player. Most games have more options dedicated to sound.

If you want Trials to be a world beater, release a game that is without issue (no matter how long that takes) and show the world what it takes to be a better developer!

It is basically impossible to launch a Trials game that has been 100% tested. For instance, let's look at the editor. The editor has hundreds of tools, thousands of items and effects, and pretty much unlimited ways that they can be put together. It is not possible to test each combination of tools, items and effects within the editor. The game would literally never release.

Is any game going to be 100% bug/issue free? I don't think so. Games are made by a lot of people, but people are only human, and we all make mistakes. Day One updates make me happy, because it means that someone saw that something wasn't right, and they did what they could to fix it as soon as possible.

Ozy Be
06-19-2015, 04:07 PM
Thank you for response Shifty,

I fully understand the constraints and limitations any production might have to deal with,
I was just thinking out loud an "Ideal world situation"
The answer you offer I know is truth and appreciate you taking the time to explain,

I wish I had more to offer in response but you win dude, hands down;)

Cheers!

funktastic-
06-19-2015, 04:27 PM
Fight ! Fight ! Fight ! lol just joking guys:p

Good to read some very constructive feed back and some decent responses by the devs , can only aid in the game going forward and upping everyones gaming experience. Wish i was able to put a better argument across than i have in the past at this present time. Not sure what attlia is upset by , does seem that some of the team of 5 seem to think they can create out side of the rules of everyone else and still get free passes. Forgive me if i am wrong and ignore with the team of 5 part, i am sure attlia is a member , yes ? and we also had previous member creating adult material in a track and think the rules dont count. Maybe all the attention they get gives them a feeling of a higher stature. I would be a happy bunny attila that you at least get highlighted quite frequently were others dont at all i wouldnt worry about it , you will get many more recommends:). Not a dig by the way.

Oh yeah by the way does the new dlc come with a free set of 3d glasses:p

Actually the last line was a joke but thinking about it , how awsome would it be if you had done the cat riding a unicorn in 3d , mind you i guess we can always just change it manually on our tvs but its not the same quality. Now that would have been cool , also in 4k ;)

attila-999
06-19-2015, 05:08 PM
to return to the DLC, it looks great ..... but it seems to have seen "on the track notament Dragon Micky, they have not had access to the new objects DLC"

ROGUISH thank you for your answer, I do not think get a!
So at least thank you for it! .... at least made the call to have you, give me an answer .....
. and yes my anger on this difference, has trouble .... go and return to my brain has a beat when I saw .... "5th element" by Dragon

see before us .... anger passes, so .... I think DLC really deserves our attention and our know-how ....

and not attila is not TO5 ... and never will (even if they are friends .... game) for a simple reason .... "cameras that move in all directions, lol"

funktastic-
06-19-2015, 06:41 PM
ok bud sorry if i got it worng , your an awsome builder , plenty of highlights for you to come bud:)

BeardinUSA
06-19-2015, 08:38 PM
However I don't think fmx and the panda where a mistake. It's good to have more variety in the game as long as it isn't forced upon the player (wich I don't think it is).

The panda not so much, its an easy to use bike and seems like alot of beginners enjoy it. FMX however you can tell alot of effort went into that mode., effort that should have gone into the multiplayer. And frankly I dont think even the casual players really enjoyed it. A simple move the right stick to trigger a canned animation trick woulda worked just fine for the trailers and marketing.... so you could show off tricks. Adding an entirely new fmx mode and making it physics based, took alot of effort and development time. Time that could have been used for improving track central or multiplayer.

But the real issue is we are in an era where every game is trying to shoehorn multiplayer in, even where it makes no sense (looking at you mass effect). Its something that gamers expect at this point, even casual ones and developers realize its importance in terms of sales. Trials on the other hand is a game well suited to multiplayer, yet it gets put on the back burner. FMX is all fine and dandy if its not being prioritized over core functionality which it seems to have been.

En0-
06-19-2015, 11:30 PM
Whilst I can appreciate and understand your reasoning, EnO, you don't want to lose your core audience. We are the ones who play daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, always returning. The casuals will not do this. Some of the hardcore have already been turned off by the direction the series is heading in.

We don't want to lose the main audience of the franchise, the hardcore. The casuals will not hang around, they'll soon be back to Cod, or whatever takes their fancy at the time.

That's why I said in the rest of my post: We also do things for core audience :)

En0-
06-19-2015, 11:37 PM
The panda not so much, its an easy to use bike and seems like alot of beginners enjoy it. FMX however you can tell alot of effort went into that mode., effort that should have gone into the multiplayer. And frankly I dont think even the casual players really enjoyed it. A simple move the right stick to trigger a canned animation trick woulda worked just fine for the trailers and marketing.... so you could show off tricks. Adding an entirely new fmx mode and making it physics based, took alot of effort and development time. Time that could have been used for improving track central or multiplayer.

If it would be that simple, it would be great.
The people who worked on the FMX feature (physic, gameplay) are not able to work on the multiplayer feature (online) and vice versa :)

Also, I agree with the previous posts, if games could be feature complete and bug free at launch, it would be great. But first, being feature complete doesn't exist. There is always something to improve/add. Bug free, I don't believe it's reasonable anymore. Games are too complex and we could make a game totally bug free but it would explode budgets and the selling price would be too high. But there are acceptable bugs and not acceptable ones.

booped
06-20-2015, 12:37 AM
The people who worked on the FMX feature (physic, gameplay) are not able to work on the multiplayer feature (online) and vice versa :)

Surely that's just a staffing issue if the priority was on multiplayer you would employ people with the necessary skills.

my general opinion on game releases atm is that the industry is pushing the boundaries of what is early release and what is suitable to release as a retail product.

Consumers need to voice their opinion so an acceptable balance is reached.

IImayneII
06-20-2015, 12:23 PM
my general opinion on game releases atm is that the industry is pushing the boundaries of what is early release and what is suitable to release as a retail product.

Consumers need to voice their opinion so an acceptable balance is reached.

This is pretty much what is happening. Currently even steam considers early access as a "proper" release and expects you to be content with what you get. If you buy into early access you only buy into what is currently there, you don't have any rights for a full, proper release anymore according to steam. I don't know how that even makes sense since depending on when you buy into an early access game there could be alot less/more content//bugs..etc

And now early acces is coming to xbox too. I wonder how far they will push it, but I guess if people keep buying into it, it will only get worse.

Edit: almost forgot the "timed-exclusives" or "content in a game that is exclusive for one platform" (looking at you PSN)

well played gaming industry, well played..

funktastic-
06-20-2015, 03:12 PM
There is nothing new about early releases , this has happened through out time , the only difference now is that because of the update features and fixes that can be done in game and after launch , it just highlights each any everyone. Games aren't the only one that falls into these brackets these days , they sometimes send out updates for tvs menus and so forth.

Think back to all those old game where glitches and flaws were a common place within a game and no fix was added or and update to change this. I remember the second resident evil was so flawed you could sit and point out the mistake easily and bugs and almsot every game released wa bugged. This has been happening for years and will never change. Its not something new , games have always been released with bugs and things not support correctly because it doesn't matter , people will still play it. I am pleased that unlike before where you had to settle with your head sometimes sticking through a rough or floating stuff in a map , they can update these features. The problem is that game like this just dont have the man power and sources to keep on top of everything in the needed time. Patches take way to long and only really fix the tiny issues The main issues are always highlighted as a massive deal and take forever to be fixed. This i think is just part and parcel of a small company i think and i just dont think they have the sources or man power to keep things rolling smoothly and quickly.

There deffinetly is an increase on times when games are being released but i would put that down to progression , and also there is many many more things to consider within a game these days then there was before , and unlike before where games were simulated the result was much more reliable. Now with multiplayer being almost every games choice to venture into , there is a massive unknown void of whats really going to happen when it starts rolling. Beshides i think that alot of the bigger companies rely on this and take advantage of this. GTA comes to mind , they claimed the servers couldn't cop with the demand , rubbish , they have been making them games for donkeys and have a fair idea of thier fans on ps3. That was a total publicity stunt. What did they give away as compensation ? ingame money lol like that costs them anything and that got world wide coverage of thier game. World wide coverage when it was released and then again when the released the multiplayer. Wonder how many people who didnt by it the first time , went and bought it the second time it was all over the news. Shows they didnt loose any fans from the bad mp release , they then brought it to ps4.

By the way has the cat had the chop and does the horn on the unicorn acutally work ,, honk honk :p

Serious question now , you know that the bike has a light , well what light source is going to come from the unicorn or is there not going to be one ?. This might not be cool when riding tracks in tc that are pretty dark as it is. Maybe a beam of liight comes from his horn ... hahahaha

geordiedeviant
06-20-2015, 04:34 PM
Not so sure here funk.

I worked in the Video Games industry for 5+ years maybe in QA. Various publishers and developers. The quality seemed higher back then. The raft of gaming recent releases that went gold knowing these bugs were in there on the promise that they could be fixed day one in a patch annoys me. What if they couldn't provide that fix? What if the patch was delayed? Check out how long Drive Club took to make a proper working game. (That's not even the worst example in recent months)

I feel QA as a whole is lacking at the moment in the gaming industry.

Shifty, your post earlier resonates. We can't always find everything and I'm sure publisher pressure to meet a release date perhaps meant this particular game launched with some proper bad issues....but it is your place as an employee of RedLynx to make a bloody riot and say we are not happy with releasing a broken product. Or just don't release a launch date. Do what id do and just release it when it's ready.

Did the PC beta of Gold Edition release after the product went gold out of interest.

I still work in QA but in a different industry. And imperfections still annoy me. :p

RetiredRonin
06-20-2015, 06:56 PM
But first, being feature complete doesn't exist. There is always something to improve/add.

Doh. Good point. I meant Feature Locked. :D

@geordiedeviant - My post was never about a specific game, but about the basics of game development. I will not pretend to know specific information that takes place well outside of my position. I get prerelease/early builds of our games and DLC only when it makes sense for a specific job responsibility. That happens less than you would probably assume.

About release dates (again, this is not specific to any game or studio, or even publisher), a lot of times you have a whole load of cash invested in a release date. Take CoD as an example. MILLIONS of dollars are invested into marketing, live action videos, partnerships and product placement. It all has a specific message. "Buy CoD on ##/##/####", or even "CoD, first on [platform]". So now you can have contractual obligations to get this game out on a specific date that could be 10 months away. You are still deep into development but players already know to expect your game on a specific date.

If you miss that date, then people are angry. If the game has issues, then people are angry. If you don't release a date because you just don't know, then people are angry. We don't live in a perfect world where everything goes according to plan, and sometimes these businesses have to make a tough decision that will garner anger no matter what they decide.

BeardinUSA
06-20-2015, 07:18 PM

Also, I agree with the previous posts, if games could be feature complete and bug free at launch, it would be great. But first, being feature complete doesn't exist. There is always something to improve/add. Bug free, I don't believe it's reasonable anymore. Games are too complex and we could make a game totally bug free but it would explode budgets and the selling price would be too high. But there are acceptable bugs and not acceptable ones.

Im curious do you really think in retrospect that fusion was handled 100% perfectly and nothing regarding the launch and post launch support could have been improved? Because personally thats the impression im getting, which is disconcerting.

Any project the size of fusion is bound to be rife with mistakes, poor decisions etc. Which is fine and entirely understandable. But the inability to recognize and acknowledge those mistakes gives me a pretty bleak outlook on the future of the franchise.

BeardinUSA
06-20-2015, 07:56 PM
So now you can have contractual obligations to get this game out on a specific date that could be 10 months away..

The date was announced less than 2 months before release for fusion. There really shouldnt have been alot of guesswork about what the finished product was going to look like at that point.

TeriXeri
06-20-2015, 09:19 PM
Looking forward for this, it's only like 3.5 weeks away from now so will see how it turns out before judging it from just the trailer.

Even while the reveal/trailer had a "wtf is this?" reaction for me at first view before the Fusion title was shown, it was a funny one.

I'm sure the goal was to be a bit over the top cliche with the rainbow/unicorn and title :)

En0-
06-20-2015, 09:21 PM
The date was announced less than 2 months before release for fusion. There really shouldnt have been alot of guesswork about what the finished product was going to look like at that point.

I believe Shifty was not talking about Fusion but about general games. Also, it's not about the date you reveal, it's the date you agree with business partners (and yes, the date is usually set about 10/12 months ahead as there are lot of business dependencies)

En0-
06-20-2015, 09:22 PM
Im curious do you really think in retrospect that fusion was handled 100% perfectly and nothing regarding the launch and post launch support could have been improved? Because personally thats the impression im getting, which is disconcerting.

Any project the size of fusion is bound to be rife with mistakes, poor decisions etc. Which is fine and entirely understandable. But the inability to recognize and acknowledge those mistakes gives me a pretty bleak outlook on the future of the franchise.

There was tons of poor decisions and things that should have done much better, like in any other game, not more, not less. I never thought it was handled 100% perfectly.

However, I am also totally sure the game was/is worth the money and the game was/is highly enjoyable.

B8ZZ
06-22-2015, 12:42 AM
The DLC is 3 weeks out and you guys haven't announced the price for it yet?

RetiredRonin
06-22-2015, 01:07 PM
I believe Shifty was not talking about Fusion but about general games. Also, it's not about the date you reveal, it's the date you agree with business partners (and yes, the date is usually set about 10/12 months ahead as there are lot of business dependencies)

Mmhmm. I tried to make that clear a few times. :D

Also, there is this:

I will not pretend to know specific information that takes place well outside of my position.

As En0 said, or at least in the same line of thinking; We can always do better. We are all people. Sometimes we make poor decisions, sometimes we forget things, sometimes we just do things the wrong way. That's not a specific message about any one thing, or game, or studio, or anything. That's just down to being people with our own thought processes and ways of doing things.

attila-999
06-22-2015, 06:15 PM
the level of prices MAX is easy to guess:
EVO DLC (40 tracks) = 5 euros
the evolution of Fusion = 10 euros

micky dragon in is 5 Euros
Thdte is in it, so 5 Euros

if you have followed = 20 euros

attila but not remove it ... so ... otherwise 10 euros is theft!

I think it will not ... but at 5 euros 10 euros seems a good price anyway!

wait ...

attila-999
06-22-2015, 06:18 PM
My translator is a **** .... I can not even read a me (translation / right click) .... But I made simple and spelling mistakes ....

but at 5 euros or 10 euros seems a good price anyway!

RetiredRonin
06-23-2015, 02:28 PM
I'm pretty sure that the guys are going to continue working on the Frontier track (hopefully finish it), but I wouldn't be surprised if some of the new items are shown on a later stream.

funktastic-
06-25-2015, 12:12 PM
I saw that they are re - releasing the whole game with added all dlc contents and the new level max. Seeing the cover really does give off a different entire theme regarding trials fusion and should not doubt bring in alot of the younger players. I would imagine the game will stand out on the shelves as something fun and mystical. Although i would imagine it will most likely appeal to the younger generation this should aid in track central too , with more people being able to play tracks from other dlcs. I keep changing my mind on this new dlc , i wish it would come already so i can make my mind up once and for all. Good move putting them all together and re releasing it , although i hope you dont get people confused thinking its an entire different game. Maybe thats the plan , good move in the buisness world.:p

Any chance of any price updates yet , for just the dlc ? not that im that bothered , will buy it either way just for the sheer participation of it all. I am starting to get some far ideas of some awsome tracks that hopefully will come from this.

hurry up and be released lol

En0-
06-25-2015, 01:08 PM
Hello,

The feedback we have about the cover is that it catches people attention, young people, true, but also older people who look for something different.

I am trying to make sure the information about the price will be released soon. I have emails going on internally, I am optimistic. The price point is not crazy by the way.

Cheers,

funktastic-
06-25-2015, 02:51 PM
Great stuff eno sounds promising , and yeah thats what i mean , its great move. Can only be good for everyone if it produces more people to have dlc content, old or young.:)

B8ZZ
06-25-2015, 07:01 PM
Care to reveal the price, since the release date is getting close..

ElColoLoco
07-07-2015, 02:46 PM
New preview of the DLC :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IGKdwhtumM

attila-999
07-07-2015, 06:46 PM
the official price: 9 euros"999" and 39 euros, "999" (lol)

I buy !!!!

This message is addressed to Eno .....
here

http://trials.fr/forum-sujet-68873-9#70880

pour bien comprendre votre perte de clients (à chaque DLC , il est nécessaire de comprendre comment résoudre ce problème ....et ce que vous pouvez y gagner )

à ce jour vous avez perdu 95 % des joueurs ....peut-être moins , peut-être plus ( ce n'est pas la question )
et ceci depuis Trials HD ....confirmé par Trials EVO

il faut à présent réfléchir : à pourquoi les clients vous quittent : ( n'aime pas le jeu / aime le jeu mais ne peut pas suivre pécunièrement .....comment les garder malgrès tout en espérant qu'ils versent de l'argent ( dès qu'ils le peuvent ) et qu'il relayent une bonne image du jeu ........contrairement à un C.O.D ..... )
désolé de Troller" AWESOM MAX Topic "

En0-
07-08-2015, 04:42 AM
@Attila: I think your analysis is a little bit too basic :) We have more precise and a more advanced strategy for our business model, which until now is satisfying.
@Attila: Je pense que ton analyse est un peu trop rudimentaire :) Nous avons des donnees plus precises et une strategie plus avancee pour notre business modele, qui, jusqu'a maintenant, est satisfaisant.

dallaboo
07-08-2015, 11:53 AM
There is still no purchase/preorder link anywhere.

attila-999
07-09-2015, 10:26 PM
@Attila: I think your analysis is a little bit too basic :) We have more precise and a more advanced strategy for our business model, which until now is satisfying.
@Attila: Je pense que ton analyse est un peu trop rudimentaire :) Nous avons des donnees plus precises et une strategie plus avancee pour notre business modele, qui, jusqu'a maintenant, est satisfaisant.

I hope to be "always bad" in my analysis .... and still be good in your expertise ....

moi , j’espère être " toujours mauvais " dans mes analyses ....et que vous soyez" toujours bon " dans votre Expertise ....

le problème ENO , effectivement , c'est que je suis " rudimentaire" , mais dans ce que je dis il y a des choses " inéluctables et imparables " .....et mon gros problème c'est : est-ce qu'il y a des personnes chez redlynx qui peuvent se prendre un tas de réflexions sans être touché personnellement .....et faire avancer le jeu dans le bon sens .....

attila-999
07-09-2015, 10:48 PM
I expect really AWESOME MAX, as a révolutionj'attends really AWESOME MAX, come a revolution

j'attends vraiment AWESOME MAX , comme une révolution

je vous laisse tranquille pendant un bon moment ....Bonne chance pour le lancement

Jongie
07-13-2015, 12:21 PM
Xbox.com updated the achievements from Trials Fusion. Here are the Awesome Level Max achievements.

RedLynx to the Sword
Beat all of the RedLynx times on Redlynx vs All-Stars
100 GS

Lee Woz 'Ere
Perform a zero fault run in Neo Bradford whilst wearing the Neo Hooligan outfit
25 GS

The Right Blueprints
Pass all tracks on the Awesome Adventure event
50 GS

Brawlin' Squirrels
Find all squirrels on the RedLynx vs All-Stars event
25 GS

Speedcuber
Reach the 40th side of the cube on Cubicle Space
50 GS

funktastic-
07-13-2015, 12:31 PM
I like change - good or bad is always something new and new never gets old.

Is it wrong that i am actually starting to get alittle excited about this , mainly for editor objects tho but i guess also to see the unicorn:eek:. I just hope it doesnt feel like its just jumped of a fairground ride and its muscles and main actually move

attila-999
07-14-2015, 09:52 AM
good, bah Guys DLC is 10 out of 10 .... pure enjoyment and gameplay graphics (both RL tracks for ALL-STAR
which can do their ALL-START-UP now .....

in terms of the list of creators ..... I flawless except for Loot and Pure Evil Monkey, which are in RL but also ALL STAR .... I could not guess ... if they was directly on my list ....

objects I am disappointed by the quantity but not the quality, and the unicorn is nice (I see no handling of clarity)

the sets are for many Sublime tracks!

reasonable price and perfect Dlc!

-------------------------------------------

bon , bah les Gars le DLC vaut 10 sur 10 ....un pur plaisir graphique et jouabilité ( tant pour les pistes RL que pour les ALL-STAR
qui peuvent faire leurs ALL-START-UP maintenant .....

pour ce qui est de la liste des créateurs .....j'ai un sans faute sauf pour Loot Monkey et Pure Evil , qui sont chez RL mais également en ALL STAR ....je pouvais pas deviner ...sinon ils étaient directe sur ma liste ....

les objets je suis déçu par la quantité , mais pas par la qualité , et la licorne est sympa ( moi je vois pas de souci de maniabilité )

les décors sont pour beaucoup de pistes Sublimes !

RetiredRonin
07-14-2015, 01:33 PM
Like many people in the gaming industry Pure Evil & Loot Monkey were employed, by Redlynx, under temporary contracts. Those contracts covered work on some of the season 1 DLCs. Both builders had returned home before work on Awesome Level Max began. While these two builders for a short time were part of Redlynx, they are first and foremost All-Stars from the building community. It's how they gained our attention in the first place and it's why both builders were an easy choice when we were listing builders we wanted to work with on Awesome Level MAX.

IFTHISTHENTHAT
07-16-2015, 11:41 PM
came to check when the new dlc releases.... it did two days ago.

facepalm.

before i purchase, is there more content planned? a second season pass?

EDIT***

Found the answer on steam via En0:

"At the moment, we have at least 1 feature update free planned but we don't have other track pack at the moment. We may do something later but it will be in 2016."

attila-999
07-17-2015, 09:58 PM
These 2 guys are immensely, great, amazing, ....
I understood nothing of what he told me, but we speak the same language "Trials Fusion Editors"

thank you for your clarification, "RoguishRonin" ...
I thought they were an integral part of the RL team because I recognized their style on some tracks season pass "

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ces 2 gars sont immensément , géniale , incroyable , ....
je ne comprend rien de ce qu'il me dise , mais nous parlons le même langage " Trials Fusion Editors "

merci pour votre précision , " RoguishRonin " ...
je pensait qu'ils faisait parti intégrante de l'équipe RL , car j'ai reconnu leurs style sur quelques pistes saison pass "

JetArtois
07-19-2015, 10:56 PM
I'm lovin' the new DLC folks, great fun.