PDA

View Full Version : Combat like Mount and Blade or Chivalry: Medieval Warfare?

vaxorus
06-15-2015, 11:22 PM
Game looks really interesting but I'm just wondering if the combat is like that of Mount and Blade (directional blocking) or a more upfront damage based system of an auto block? Either way can't wait for more info!

APtS.Roghlinn
06-15-2015, 11:36 PM
I think it look kinda like Chivalry combat but to early to tell for now

Nikalai9
06-15-2015, 11:58 PM
Probably to early to tell, but from that great gameplay trailer it looks like a blend of its own thing. I'm loving the dueling head to head technical looking combat where you're almost focus locked.

can't wait to see more.

Exicutionz
06-16-2015, 01:13 AM
Game looks really interesting but I'm just wondering if the combat is like that of Mount and Blade (directional blocking) or a more upfront damage based system of an auto block? Either way can't wait for more info!

Its has its own blocking and attacking style, alot more slow paced.

Yggdrasil_67
06-16-2015, 05:01 AM
Looks like Mount & blade with a targeting system so you're not dancing around needlessly.

HannibalFoster
09-04-2016, 08:56 AM
I recently played it and am not under any form of NDA so I can say what I wish. From my personal view, it is not really like mount and blade other than the guard directions. There are many more things to be done aside from swing your sword. you can shoulder bash people for a brief stun or feint as you would in chivalry as well as have several abilities such as with the samurai having a smoke bomb or the knight with a stun bomb. In reference to chivalry it's similar in that fits can be very long or end in seconds depending on the fighters. It is a much faster game than both of them and in the mode I played (dominion) was very team based and you had to make sure to avoid being outnumbered while still maintaining a good spread to hold points. in the end I would say that it really is it's own beast. One that I loved but I could understand why others may not.

PowerSenpai
09-04-2016, 10:52 AM

I guess it is kinda like Mount and Blade combined with a fighting game.