PDA

View Full Version : First Thoughts?

WalkerWatch
06-15-2015, 11:20 PM
Hoping to see more in the coming weeks. Think the game has potential. I imagine it will be more than just TDM. Hopefully will have sieges and the like.

What do you guys/gals think?

WickedDimension
06-15-2015, 11:24 PM
My first thoughts were definitely about Chivalry ,which is a similar game, different combat mechanics it seems though.

Game looks very cool ,excited to see more of it ,my favorite new IP on E3 so far, very unexpected. Also loved the enthusiasm of the guy presenting it (forgot his name)

Stranger2Night
06-15-2015, 11:26 PM
Yeah game looks really good, like Dynasty Warriors but without the flashy over the top attacks.

Razelikh13
06-15-2015, 11:33 PM
It looks awesome. Can't wait to be able to sign in to have a chance to try it.

Exicutionz
06-15-2015, 11:38 PM
I think it looks ****ing amazing

APtS.Roghlinn
06-15-2015, 11:38 PM
It look great combat really good, hoping to play soon in beta!

YarbleckX
06-15-2015, 11:43 PM
The game looks great.
The combat feels like a mix of chivalry and Dark Souls.
I can't wait to try it!

Nikalai9
06-15-2015, 11:45 PM
Looks amazing, been waiting for a game like this for a very long time. It's unexpectedness only adds to my over all excitement. Loved seeing the two combat styles one with a "dueling" face to face feel, and the other being very wild free form action. Can't wait to see more!

illmaticdragon
06-15-2015, 11:52 PM
I've always wanted to play something like this. Just some straight realistic, medieval online, action pvp team combat without having to deal with all the bull that goes with RPGs and MMOs. I hope there will be different modes for deathmatches and territory modes like capture and hold or sieges. In game faction war tournaments, seasons and clans would be awesome too.

APtS.Roghlinn
06-16-2015, 12:11 AM
My first thought is that game look great, graphics really good, game play is smoothed, and look like they can do alot for the game an cant wait to see what they do overtime with the game!

Shaftex
06-16-2015, 12:23 AM
Very excited to play this game! Looks stunning & very intense! :0

capnkappa
06-16-2015, 12:25 AM
My first thoughts were, just ew. a new IP that isnt Red Dead 2. But as I watched the trailer my jaw dropped. Yes its chivalry esque but the gameplay, the fighting, the demo!~ **** red read 2 I want this game now! #IamSamurai

EmperorxZurg
06-16-2015, 12:39 AM
I was astounded at the trailer, and can't wait to get into some PvP action. It reminded me of a blend between smite and chivalry really, with the obvious footsoldiers being minions in something a little more than just TDK. At the same time though, the swordfighting is a lot more finessed than chivalry; and like the announcer said, "You can really feel the weight of the weapons and the adrenaline of the fight." Im interested to see how/if they're going to explain why these three armies are fighting (I believe they're fighting to claim this place as their own homeland, but I believe there's more depth in there somewhere).
What'll be interesting to see is the different feats for each class, as the Samurai had an arrow storm, which means each army is unique and not completely like the other factions.
BTW #TheLegions all the way

Dinkk417
06-16-2015, 12:44 AM
I'm super excited a mix of strategy and third person combat sounds amazing!

If anyone needs more psn friends add me it's the same as my username

Yggdrasil_67
06-16-2015, 06:42 AM
The swordplay looks amazing and it seems to be the game my inner child has been waiting for since the LotR movies came out.

I don't know what to think about how AI units get killed in only one hit. I'd rather have them being able to take one or two hit before falling like flies. It doesn't feel right somehow. Maybe it was just for the showcase but I don't think so.

Anakin1022
06-16-2015, 07:58 AM
I saw 1 vs. 2, even 2 vs 2! But...I like to see 1 vs. 5...hahaha no way! If 1 can make a comeback, defects all 5 Captains?! Really, that is something to see on Twitch or Youtube ;) "FOR HONOR"!

Aphex_Tim
06-16-2015, 08:52 AM
My first impression:

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/208/233/6c0.png

Bjergtrold
06-16-2015, 10:05 AM
I have been playing LOL and SMITE a lot lately, and I especially love SMITE. But I kept wishing for a more medieval and realistic combat version of the concept. And here, out of the blue, comes For Honor. This looks so amazing. 10x more beautiful and immersive than I could have ever imagined. My social life ends in 2016.

IamCrumbz
06-16-2015, 10:41 AM
One word, "Stunning."

Symethe
06-16-2015, 11:53 AM
Looks amazing. I especially like the animations, the way knights holds their swords etc.