PDA

View Full Version : Time Overflow (1819) : Speed 0.xxxxxx?

WhiskeyBravo
05-04-2004, 01:29 PM
Whenever I use Shift Tab to go to the console I get the above message with a seemingly random set of numbers for the 0.xxxxxx.

Anyone know what it means? No big deal as it doesnt seem to affect things to much, just curious.

WB.

WhiskeyBravo
05-04-2004, 01:29 PM
Whenever I use Shift Tab to go to the console I get the above message with a seemingly random set of numbers for the 0.xxxxxx.

Anyone know what it means? No big deal as it doesnt seem to affect things to much, just curious.

WB.

WhiskeyBravo
05-04-2004, 02:20 PM
Ooops, Sorry folks, I thought I had posted this is the Community Help Forum. Apologies.

Mods - feel free to move it if you wish.

TIA

WB

Nealg
05-04-2004, 02:27 PM
As to it's meaning, I haven't a clue....but if you shift-tab when you get noticeable pauses - like spawning aircraft after a mission starts, or a series of heavy stutters - you will see this message. I have no clue if it's a debug feature, or what, but I see it quite often since reinstalling FB to install AEP. I never notice it unless a mission hiccups.

NealG

Blackjack174
05-06-2004, 09:17 AM
ok , I try to explain:

any simultaion is recalculating stuff every x milliseseconds (e.g. I was told fuel impact on weigth is calculated every ~40ms within il2), so every flight / AI / other physics are calculated on "calculate xxx every x ms" , if you are alt tabbing to windows or speed up the simulation (8x or less) and your cpu cant even calculate the required stuff even when dropping the images of the simulation itself, it has to calculate everything in x + delay ms , the delay can be the overflow , e.g. for fuel 0.64545 means the calculation was not made for ~40ms instead it was a ~64ms longer (if i red the value right ,maybe its in fact higher) intervall (as well as all other calculations at the time the overflow happened)

An object is moved:
Start-----------------END

How a computer solves it:
Start--|--|--|--|--|--END?

The results | are based upon prior results and simulation is not bound to an timeframe (open ended), the simulation runs until you say it terminates (or your plane is destroyed and there is nothing left to simulate http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/59.gif)