PDA

View Full Version : Skill Wheel

bullrider19717
06-14-2015, 10:23 PM
I have been playing since the very first Heroes of Might and magic. The thing I do not like in HMM7 is the restrictive skill wheel. I think more skills need to be avaiable to the heroes. Sometimes when you have a Might Hero, you still want to make his magic strong, or vice verus. A Magic Hero, might want to improve more of his combat skills. Just my thought. I think it would be alot better that way. But, I have been enjoying testing the game, even with the bugs.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
06-15-2015, 10:49 AM
Hi bullrider19717, thank you for your feedback.

An interesting article you may wish to read, if you haven't already is here https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/skillwheel-the-design-philosophy

Nostromov
06-16-2015, 07:18 PM
An interesting article [..]

Excellent, thanks!.. Now, I don't know if there are other topics on this - that I'm missing - but:

We have a feeling that some people truly believe that more complexity and constraints in a system makes it better, however, we donít share this belief.

Thank GOD. There have been and there are LOUD people that seem to come out of the woodwork, posting all over the place - all the time, with their own philosophies of what this game should be and look like. I'll just stop there, thank you DEVs!!

Like in HV, once 5 (to be confirmed) skills are used, the remaining choices will always be part of those 5 skills, to ensure that no skill is left with too few points to be useful.

Oh man, didn't get to test this... Does this mean that other skills (already divided between magic & might, which is good!) will become unavailable, once 5 are selected... This is NOT going to be good, any kind of a forced restriction... OMG, let's just hope not.

^^ Because if we're playing a HUGE map and there's a hero with this-and-that, but in the last minute we decide that he DOES need pathfinding... & we can't unlock it any more, because 5 other skills have been previously selected... This will be no good!!

(& it looks like this might be true - because of the random system they're introducing, the option, in the options; dang it, guess we'll just have to deal with it - but, it still sucks, hehe)

Elle-One
06-17-2015, 01:09 PM
So you think it's better that some heroes just can't get Pathfinding, period? Because that's the current situation. Classes get access to 10 skills and can choose which skill to level. If Pathfinding is not on the skillpizza, no Pathfinding for you.

bullrider19717
06-17-2015, 03:26 PM
I believe giving more options for skills, lets you develop a more rounded Hero. I like my Might Hero's to have a good knowledge of magic, as this can make a difference in a fight. Also, for Magic Heroes, having more combat training can be a big help in a fight as well.