PDA

View Full Version : Can I start with AC Unity?

candlelightx3
06-12-2015, 03:03 AM
I haven't played any ac game due to lack of console at that time. However, I do own a ps4 and I can make a sweet deal on an ac unity game. What I want to know if I could treat this game as a stand alone. Meaning, I do not care for the story of the other games. Can I just play this game without knowledge of the others (meaning: how to controls work and what not)?

ze_topazio
06-12-2015, 03:06 AM
I have not play Unity yet but judging from the other games in the series the first few hours of the game should be a glorified tutorial so you should have no problem learning how to play.

UbiSeraphim
06-12-2015, 04:00 AM
It would make slightly more sense if you played others in the series, but you can in fact just jump in with ACU! The good thing is ACU has a new protagonist, Arno, so you don't even need to worry about jumping in mid-character development. :)

EmptyCrustacean
06-12-2015, 01:31 PM
I think, next to AC1, Unity is actually the only game you can jump into without having played the others due to the non-existence MD story line which originally was what linked all the games together. You could technically also jump into Black Flag without playing the others but certain moments won't have the same resonance.

X_xWolverinEx_X
06-12-2015, 02:48 PM
yes

Shahkulu101
06-12-2015, 03:32 PM
Yes, it has almost no connections to the past games with regards to the lore and Modern Day storyline. It's almost a reboot of sorts, the "new AC1" if you will - Unity feels like it was created with a clean slate.

Hans684
06-12-2015, 05:47 PM
Get Rogue, it has more story relevance since what we do used used to impact. Unity itself admit it's a waste of time in the end.

SofaJockey
06-12-2015, 06:06 PM
Get Rogue, it has more story relevance since what we do used used to impact. Unity itself admit it's a waste of time in the end.

I think Rogue is probably one of the worst games to come to fresh because it follows Black Flag and also undermines surprises in AC III.

Hans684
06-12-2015, 07:00 PM
I think Rogue is probably one of the worst games to come to fresh because it follows Black Flag and also undermines surprises in AC III.

Better to start with AC1 either way, it's the first game in the series.

m4r-k7
06-13-2015, 12:52 AM
Better to start with AC1 either way, it's the first game in the series.

Everything that happened from AC 1 - AC 3 is essentially useless now as they have basically dropped the modern day. Unity IMO is the best starting point seeing as its a starting point for the new gen of AC and was intended to be that way. However, if they want to play better experiences then they should start with AC 1 and play their way up :)

Hans684
06-13-2015, 01:58 PM
Everything that happened from AC 1 - AC 3 is essentially useless now as they have basically dropped the modern day. Unity IMO is the best starting point seeing as its a starting point for the new gen of AC and was intended to be that way. However, if they want to play better experiences then they should start with AC 1 and play their way up :)

Fair point.

ze_topazio
06-13-2015, 02:00 PM
I guess most of you missed the part where the OP says he/she doesn't give a rats arse about the storyline at all.

EmptyCrustacean
06-13-2015, 02:10 PM
I guess most of you missed the part where the OP says he/she doesn't give a rats arse about the storyline at all.

Good point. They said 'controls' - for which you could basically jump into any AC game. In fact, you could play any game ever as most games give you a tutorial. It was a strange question which is why i think most people assumed story.

ShoryukenMan
06-14-2015, 12:50 AM
If you don't care about the story at all then why even ask us? Any AC would be a good starting point if all you care about is just pure gameplay. But, if you care about frame rate then you'll probably hate Unity.