PDA

View Full Version : Is Romance In Assassins Creed considered Taboo ?

Genos99
06-11-2015, 08:07 PM
Guys i dont understand the concept here . Hero unlocks his DNA to re live his ancestors memories right !! That includes romance with all of his blood line .

Isnt it considered wrong ? Is it taboo ? Also this looks like a serious flaw in this game's concept .

Im not trying poke or grab attention here ....but when i first saw a romantic cut scene in one of AC games i felt like ....WTF ,why are we in animus .is it for this ? why will desmond do such thing ?.

What do you guys think ?

ze_topazio
06-11-2015, 08:18 PM
I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Genos99
06-11-2015, 08:25 PM
i mean it has bad influence on teenagers ...hard to put it in words .
it is wrong right ? should they stop showing such things ? is ethical for gamers ?

Even for a game to use animus to show some thing romantic sex related ....is it right ? people already forgot what is right and wrong .

AngelDiMaria08
06-11-2015, 08:32 PM
it is wrong right ? should they stop showing such things ? is ethical for gamers ?

Even for a game to use animus to show some thing romantic sex related ....is it right ? people already forgot what is right and wrong .

As long as you don't physically harm anyone against his/her will ie rape, steal, beat, kill then everything else is permitted, what you see wrong other regard it right. I don't know if I answered your question but that is what I understood from it.

Genos99
06-11-2015, 08:37 PM
im refering to in game ....but what if our future generation find something like animus in real people tap into our brain . LOL

game or real life ...it was something game developers should have though while making this game right . Animus user is conscious right not the ancestor inside the animus

so if it is not the ancestor ....isnt it wrong to have romance ? then why show such thing in game . wont it give wrong idea to users ...i was puzzled frankly when i first experienced this in game

If it was ancestor its ok...but it was desmond who was reliving his ancestor memories.

BK-110
06-11-2015, 08:44 PM

What's unethical about it? It's a game about assassins. If anything, wouldn't all the murder be a bigger issue? Besides, sex scenes in AC are very tame. It's an 18+ game anyway, so even if you think that kind of stuff is "bad for kids", it isn't even meant for them.

Genos99
06-11-2015, 08:50 PM
bro its bad for gamers i just want to tell ubisoft ...that it was wrong , actually the idea about romance looked like one big flaw. That too with ancestors ....soon our protagonist will jump into current generation ...dont know with whom will he have romance with in his memories maybe with just one generation ahead people

btw its not about 18+ . Morally it is wrong ,Ubisoft should have added a female character with whom desmond could have had some romantic relationship in present .Rather then showing in animus with his ancestors.

Its even more point less when ...desmond goes into animus .....i thought he went to unlock secrets

Kaschra
06-11-2015, 08:53 PM
bro its bad for gamers i just want to tell ubisoft ...that it was wrong , actually the idea about romance looked like one big flaw. That too with ancestors ....soon our protagonist will jump into current generation ...dont know with whom will he have romance with in his memories maybe with just one generation ahead people

btw its not about 18+ . Morally it is wrong

What the...

WHAT is morally wrong? I don't get what you are trying to say :/

Genos99
06-11-2015, 08:59 PM
Dont look from the ancestors point of view . Think from desmonds point of view . is it not a taboo ..i know this is just a game but still ubisoft should have thought about it right .

or maybe ubisoft is making us to think this like ...."ok to unlock memories you can even go to that extent by forgetting all morals and values . "

anyway i know this is kinda silly no one notices ....just asked .

Kaschra
06-11-2015, 09:08 PM
Dont look from the ancestors point of view . Think from desmonds point of view . is it not a taboo ..i know this is just a game but still ubisoft should have thought about it right .

or maybe ubisoft is making us to think this like ...."ok to unlock memories you can even go to that extent by forgetting all morals and values . "

anyway i know this is kinda silly no one notices ....just asked .

So you think that... Desmond seeing the romantic relationships of his ancestors is morally wrong and a taboo?
Why?

"forgetting all morals and values"???

Genos99
06-11-2015, 09:10 PM
Desmond was not just seeing he was totally in the scene
Yes i felt it like a taboo ....had some doubts so asked in ubisoft forums ....not a serious question though ^^ just a silly question

Kaschra
06-11-2015, 09:12 PM
Yes i felt it like a taboo ....had some doubts so asked in ubisoft forums ....not a serious question though ^^ just a silly question

HOW does it feel like a taboo? I don't get it

But agreed, your question IS silly.

Genos99
06-11-2015, 09:15 PM
hahahuha little silly ....im a indian so its wrong . we only think like one girl one life ....now current india is like be like a playboy ....now games are taking this thing to a crazy level ...having romance with family ..ancestors are family right in game ?

anyway i just posted this question to find others opinions and views .

Kaschra
06-11-2015, 09:24 PM
hahahuha little silly ....im a indian so its wrong . we only think like one girl one life ....now current india is like be like a playboy ....now games are taking this thing to a crazy level ...having romance with family ..ancestors are family right ?

anyway i just posted this question to find others opinions and views .
And from my perspective, it is not wrong. And showing some romance scenes is definitely NOT a bad influence on teenagers lol
Assassin's Creed does not take it to a crazy level. The sex scenes, the few there are, are really tame.
Who is having a romance with his family? Because it's definitely not Desmond lol

BK-110
06-12-2015, 02:16 AM
And from my perspective, it is not wrong. And showing some romance scenes is definitely NOT a bad influence on teenagers lol
Assassin's Creed does not take it to a crazy level. The sex scenes, the few there are, are really tame.
Who is having a romance with his family? Because it's definitely not Desmond lol

I think he's trying to say that, since Desmond experiences sexual situations of his distant ancestors, it could be considered incest. Seems pretty ridiculous to me.

Xstantin
06-12-2015, 03:20 PM
Romance absolutely must be a taboo cause it's always about that dying love interest :rolleyes: