PDA

View Full Version : Just Got FB - IL2 Noob

Blubble
03-04-2004, 09:40 AM
I bought CFS3 a few weeks ago. What a piece of garbage. That thing is the worst game I have played in a long time. I would rather play the old European Air War from back in the day.

Anyways, I got FB at lunch yesterday and played it for about 4 hours last night. Now this is a badass sim! It took me a while to get enough smoothness to not stall/spin my plane every 10 seconds, but I mostly figured it out.

I must say am very impressed with the graphics, flight model and overall playing experience. I am looking forward to lots of hours of flying fun.

Any suggestions on the best planes, practice missions, etc. for a noob pilot?

Blubble
03-04-2004, 09:40 AM
I bought CFS3 a few weeks ago. What a piece of garbage. That thing is the worst game I have played in a long time. I would rather play the old European Air War from back in the day.

Anyways, I got FB at lunch yesterday and played it for about 4 hours last night. Now this is a badass sim! It took me a while to get enough smoothness to not stall/spin my plane every 10 seconds, but I mostly figured it out.

I must say am very impressed with the graphics, flight model and overall playing experience. I am looking forward to lots of hours of flying fun.

Any suggestions on the best planes, practice missions, etc. for a noob pilot?

goatman455
03-04-2004, 09:51 AM
Glad you joined us, and found the best Sim out there. I would suggest going to Ubi.com or Hyperlobby and playing some multiplayer games. The difficulty setting is set very high usually, but its like learning to drive a stick. Once you know how to drive a stick an automatic is easy. Same principle here, learn with the 'big boys' and you will be better off. Online can be a lot of fun too, because it gives you unlimited lives with quick respawn and a fair amount of customization ability.

tonedogbf110
03-04-2004, 10:51 AM
Welcome to the community!

If you are interested in joining a squad, check us out!

www.alliedwingedlegion.com

we are big enough to be fun and small enough not to be overwhelming.
we offer full training too. So whatever your skill you are most welcome!

http://www.iainmccarthy.com/fb/tonedog_sig.jpg

JR_Greenhorn
03-04-2004, 11:00 AM
If you haven't done so already, be sure to patch FB up to 1.21 or 1.22. Usually all it takes is the phrase "flyable P-51D" to convince folks to upgrade (for free), but there are other features, aircraft (flyable and AI), maps, and more to be found for free in the patches. This game has by far the best support I have seen.

Also, if you like what you've got so far, you may consider looking into the just-released Ace Expansion pack.

I suggest the I-16 for beginners. Its carburetted engine teaches smoothnes, and it'll make you work for kills while still being a capable airplane for its time. Other planes are easier for beginners to get kills in, but I think the I-16 is one that really hones your skills.

If you play offline at all, be sure to give the FMB a try. Its deceptively simple, and quite powerful for making missions.

Stop by il2skins.com (links don't work presently anyway) for some great skins if you haven't done so already.