PDA

View Full Version : Another idea

Domientje
05-10-2004, 02:21 PM
Hi guys,

It would be really nice when we could control the 2 diesel engines appart.
the same for the 2 electric engines.
What is mean is that we could let 1 propellor go faster then the other,not much difference but nice for simulation.

Or control all the ballast tanks appart.

Or control the flooding.

For example : the electric engine/room is taking water.
We should close the waterclosed hatches to avoid flouding to get into the nearby rooms.

Or a extensive torpedo launch system.

For example :

-We first must load a torpedo
-We must fill the tubes with water
-We must regulate the pressure insinde the tube
-We must open the torpedo hatches
-Opening the torpedotubes
-And at last fire a torpedo.

When you forgot something of this list==> something goes wrong with damage or something

It should be nice to do.

Srry for my bad english but i did my best.

Greetzzz

Domientje
05-10-2004, 02:21 PM
Hi guys,

It would be really nice when we could control the 2 diesel engines appart.
the same for the 2 electric engines.
What is mean is that we could let 1 propellor go faster then the other,not much difference but nice for simulation.

Or control all the ballast tanks appart.

Or control the flooding.

For example : the electric engine/room is taking water.
We should close the waterclosed hatches to avoid flouding to get into the nearby rooms.

Or a extensive torpedo launch system.

For example :

-We first must load a torpedo
-We must fill the tubes with water
-We must regulate the pressure insinde the tube
-We must open the torpedo hatches
-Opening the torpedotubes
-And at last fire a torpedo.

When you forgot something of this list==> something goes wrong with damage or something

It should be nice to do.

Srry for my bad english but i did my best.

Greetzzz

Bruno_Lotse
05-10-2004, 02:34 PM
Excellent idea!!!
It's a bit of frustration that in SH2 you can run on a single diesel engine yet you cannot engage a single EMotor. I should be able regulate rpms on one engine independently from another.

I would also add to this list:
1. search lights aboard UBoot, DDs and planes (Leigh lights)
2. flare rockets aboard UBoot because they were used for FOF identification
3. horn (and I do not mean things on somebody's head but rather noise making device). I'd like to have a horn to blare a couple of victorious "Woo!" "Woo!" when I am entering a base or ordering a merchant to stop for inspection.
4. realistic timing in responsiveness of UBoot controls. At least until Electroboots came into play all controls aboard German subs were driven by a brute force of human muscles. So, when a skipper gives an order 'Left full ruder', ruder should not jump to the left most position. It should move more or less slowly emulating efforts exercised by helmsmen guys turning that wheel against UBoot momentum. The same goes with diving planes.

Bruno Lotse
U45

[This message was edited by Bruno_Lotse on Mon May 10 2004 at 01:55 PM.]

[This message was edited by Bruno_Lotse on Mon May 10 2004 at 02:04 PM.]

[This message was edited by Bruno_Lotse on Mon May 10 2004 at 02:17 PM.]

HeibgesU999
05-10-2004, 03:16 PM
great ideas, I like them.

jagtigermk2
05-11-2004, 07:48 AM
sounds good mate

Willey
05-11-2004, 09:36 AM
You mean those?

http://img.gamershell.com/imagefolio/gallery/Simulation/Silent_Hunter_3/SH3Crew02.jpg

http://stefanstore.bei.t-online.de/u18.jpg

There are 2 buttons on each control box. Doesn't need that much power to press them http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. But still there are many points where it counts, like diving, defeating leaks, moving torpedoes from the external storage to the torpedo room etc.

Leif...
05-11-2004, 09:53 AM
>4. realistic timing in responsiveness of UBoot controls. At least until
>Electroboots came into play all controls aboard German subs were
>driven by a brute force of human muscles.

Not really, diving planes and rudders where servo controlled. The big steering wheels are emergency backup systems.

Leifâ...

Bruno_Lotse
05-11-2004, 11:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Willey:
You mean those?

http://img.gamershell.com/imagefolio/gallery/Simulation/Silent_Hunter_3/SH3Crew02.jpg

http://stefanstore.bei.t-online.de/u18.jpg

There are 2 buttons on each control box. Doesn't need that much power to press them <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mate,
Those two buttons for dive planes - not for rudder.
Yet even if you press a dive planes button you dive plane idicator should not jump like crazy. I t should moooove.
I t is properly done in SH2. Than was PM mode which made dive plane control unrealistically swift.

Bruno Lotse
U45

Bruno_Lotse
05-11-2004, 11:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leif...:
Not really, diving planes and rudders where servo controlled. The big steering wheels are emergency backup systems.
Leifâ...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh! incidently!!!
There should be an option - override servo control. Use manual (in case of damage, electric failure or something) Remember in Das Boot when they were trying to raise the boat from that sand bank. - how many guys were turning that wheel?

Bruno Lotse
U45

Domientje
05-11-2004, 12:06 PM
There are 2 buttons on each control box. Doesn't need that much power to press them . But still there are many points where it counts, like diving, defeating leaks, moving torpedoes from the external storage to the torpedo room etc.

Srry guys but i'm dutch , i understand these text but what does he means?

Is the text explaining for ingame things?
Can we do these things in SH3?

Or from where you guys got the text??

Greetez