PDA

View Full Version : More Assassin's Creed Templar games like Rogue

mio2k15
06-09-2015, 06:48 PM
Hello will there ever be more AC games like AC Rogue?
I like to play as a templar and not really like the Assassins game story.

Hope there will be more games like Rogue as i love it i replay it atm

Hans684
06-09-2015, 07:18 PM
There should be, it's the other side of the same coin. Another perspective [with more flaws] is far more interesting than a [nearly perfect] side.

rrebe
06-09-2015, 07:26 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing more of the other side of the coin.

Kaschra
06-09-2015, 07:31 PM
I also hope we get another Templar game in the future.

Sorrosyss
06-09-2015, 07:52 PM
I think there are a fair few of us who would like to see more Templar sequels. I do find their whole structure and methodology fascinating. There is a lot of untapped story potential there.

If Ubisoft ever return to a two games a year release schedule, it would be great to have one Templar and one Assassin title each year. Have them cross over at points, to see the whole story. But, that's a big ask of Ubisoft. Traditionally you play a Templar in the multiplayer, but we don't even have that this year. Alas poor Templar lore...

Ignacio_796
06-09-2015, 09:48 PM
More Templar games? F* yes!!!
Like Rogue? Plis no....

tommo256
06-09-2015, 10:07 PM
An Elise spin-off! So much of her story we didn't see. And yeah, I know about the novels, but still

strigoi1958
06-09-2015, 10:49 PM
Haytham's life would be my favourite choice of Templar plots plus there would be a visit to the ottoman empire (which is great and a templar linking 2 assassins....

I wish it would happen but I'm not sure it will....

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Haytham_Kenway

tommo256
06-09-2015, 11:06 PM
Haytham was the man

SofaJockey
06-10-2015, 12:52 AM
The sequence with Adéwalé destroyed any liking I had for Rogue.
It was a technically proficient game but ultimately left a sour taste.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-10-2015, 06:20 AM
I wouldnt mind another Templar game like Rogue

As long as we get more Haytham templars than Borgia Templars <3

Namikaze_17
06-10-2015, 07:14 AM
Like Rogue, I would gladly welcome another.

Hans684
06-10-2015, 05:45 PM
As for games like Rogue, not a problem since AC2(Assassin game) started the bad guy trend. My condition. Treat both orders the same, give us as many black and white Templar games as there is of black and white Assassin games. Creating a grayer story by doing the same to both.

EmbodyingSeven5
06-10-2015, 06:07 PM
A Templar game... yes!

A game like rogue? NO!

Would love a Templar game set in time around Altiar. I loved the look of those Templars!

AssassinHMS
06-10-2015, 07:39 PM
I’m all for a Templar game but I don’t consider a poorly reskinned version of an “Assassin game” to be worthy of the title.
Isn’t a Templar game supposed to feature actual Templar based gameplay?

Unless they remove parkour and hidden blades while introducing mechanics suited for a Templar, I see no reason to call it a “Templar game”.

oddyouko
06-24-2015, 09:30 PM
Would really enjoy another Templar game, or at least, (it's highly, highly unlikely, I know) a DLC where we play more sequences with Haytham. Kind of like in the one mission you play as Connor in Liberation? I dunno. Even though Haytham has had a fair amount of screen time in AC3 and Rogue, and even has his own book Forsaken, (Not too fond of it to be honest) I still feel as though there are things we need to see of him more, his overall badass character.

I, as well as you all :) would not mind controlling him again in a DLC game from Rogue. I mean, it had 6 sequences - why not a DLC to add 6 more for Haytham? Showing what all things he was doing while not with Shay. But alas, one can only dream of such a thing. I better stop rambling now.

SixKeys
06-24-2015, 10:30 PM
I’m all for a Templar game but I don’t consider a poorly reskinned version of an “Assassin game” to be worthy of the title.

Unless they remove parkour and hidden blades while introducing mechanics suited for a Templar, I see no reason to call it a “Templar game”.

Agreed. Rogue sort of got away with it because Shay was a former assassin, but a true Templar game (with a protag who has always sided with Templars) couldn't work from the same perspective as an assassin game. It didn't even make sense for Shay. He claimed to care about protecting innocent lives but the player didn't suffer punishment for killing civilians. Templars are tactical, they can hatch their plans for years in secrecy, slowly building up their influence. Assassins are much more reactionary. A true Templar game would probably be closer to a strategy game.

dxsxhxcx
06-24-2015, 10:41 PM

I have the same opinion as you, I find the excuses "former/rogue Assassin" or "someone trained to deal with the Assassins" to justify the similar gameplay forced and convenient as hell, I could accept a excuse like "a spy among the Assassin's ranks" to justify one game but that's also a excuse that, IMO, would only work for one game before it gets old, Templar's Creed IMO doesn't suit this franchise's main games, if they want to explore this side of the battle, IMO it would be better done in transmedia such as comics, games like Project Legacy or any other game that doesn't need to focus on the Assassins' modus operandi...

Consus_E
06-24-2015, 10:58 PM
Perhaps a game with a Templar turning Assassin? It would be interesting to watch a more tactile politically minded character learning to be more "Assassiny".

NikeEliteXX3
06-25-2015, 06:55 AM
I think an Elise spin-off would be cool starting from her childhood leading up to her death. or maybe an alternate ending to her life.

I really liked Arno and Elise's story. More to it would be appreciated as Unity felt too short. Especially with it being set during the French Revolution.

The_Kiwi_
06-25-2015, 07:25 AM
How about with a character we haven't seen yet?

Elise is an annoying character, just stupid and childish, so I wouldn't enjoy a game for her
Haytham is a great character, but he's been in two games and was a semi-protag in one, I've seen enough of him

I'd prefer a completely fresh character, perhaps one that was present during events of another game, but we didn't see at all

Sorrosyss
06-25-2015, 11:17 AM
I'd prefer a completely fresh character, perhaps one that was present during events of another game, but we didn't see at all

Agreed on this. Characters from the other games had their time. I'd like to see a character completely enveloped in the Templar order, with no ties to the Assassin's at all. It could open up some different gameplay styles too.

For example, I forget his name, but the guy you play as at the start of Unity. He has a distinct two handed fighting style, and with some tinkering they could make the combat quite a bit different to the standard Assassin fare.

In terms of setting, you have to go with the crusades again I'd have thought. The story of their downfall is a grim period, filled with many myths and stories that could be expanded upon. That, plus a modern day equivalent who is perhaps working on Sigma Team under Berg.

That'd be fun.

Namikaze_17
06-25-2015, 11:40 AM
Molay's advisor ( as I call him), still climbed and hopped around like an Assassin but they always could tweak that I suppose. That said, I think some Templars can probably climb buildings like Charles Lee or Francesco did (unsure if those are canon or not), but not to the extent the Assassins can.

But as others have said, it would have to be changed into a strategic-like game to fit the Templar perspective.

ze_topazio
06-25-2015, 11:48 AM
We have seen overweighted middle age men and old cardinals free running and outrunning trained Assassins, people in the AC world are rather athletic.

The_Kiwi_
06-25-2015, 12:15 PM
We have seen overweighted middle age men and old cardinals free running and outrunning trained Assassins, people in the AC world are rather athletic.

Yet Haytham couldn't climb trees
Hopefully Lord Shay taught him

Namikaze_17
06-25-2015, 12:34 PM
Yet Haytham couldn't climb trees

I doubt Haytham went to any kind of wilderness prior to AC3 unlike Edward or Connor.

Which counts as an excuse I guess...

Besides, Haytham's too classy to get dirty on some trees. :cool:

Barlog06
06-25-2015, 01:02 PM
I would like to play another templar game.

But I think, the best choice would be to make game with 2 protagonists: 1 assassin and 1 templar. And to show bow sides of coin during 1 period of time, but not in black-and-white way. Show good and bad sides of both orders. That would be much more cool.

AssassinHMS
06-25-2015, 07:07 PM
Agreed. Rogue sort of got away with it because Shay was a former assassin, but a true Templar game (with a protag who has always sided with Templars) couldn't work from the same perspective as an assassin game. It didn't even make sense for Shay. He claimed to care about protecting innocent lives but the player didn't suffer punishment for killing civilians. Templars are tactical, they can hatch their plans for years in secrecy, slowly building up their influence. Assassins are much more reactionary. A true Templar game would probably be closer to a strategy game.

I think it would be a lot of fun to be on the other side of the fence for once. Having to think twice before setting foot outside the hideout, traveling with bodyguards on foot or in a private carriage prepared to deal with the Assassins that could strike anytime and anywhere from the rooftops to the unsuspecting crowds on the street, managing resources and dealing with the enemy indirectly…I’d definitely enjoy filling the role of the Templar puppet master and do something similar to what Rodrigo did to Ezio’s family in AC2 in order to draw an Assassin out, for example.
But never mind that, it’s not going to happen. Strategy, slow-paced gameplay, no rooftop climbing or overpowered protagonists…it’s not exactly what the average AC fan is looking for.

I have the same opinion as you, I find the excuses "former/rogue Assassin" or "someone trained to deal with the Assassins" to justify the similar gameplay forced and convenient as hell, I could accept a excuse like "a spy among the Assassin's ranks" to justify one game but that's also a excuse that, IMO, would only work for one game before it gets old, Templar's Creed IMO doesn't suit this franchise's main games, if they want to explore this side of the battle, IMO it would be better done in transmedia such as comics, games like Project Legacy or any other game that doesn't need to focus on the Assassins' modus operandi...

Yes, you’re probably right. I think main Templar games could work really well but no doubt they would stray too far from the traditional AC titles and would cater to a completely different audience, at least, as far as gameplay goes.

ninja4hire10
06-25-2015, 10:13 PM
Perhaps a game with a Templar turning Assassin? It would be interesting to watch a more tactile politically minded character learning to be more "Assassiny".

Absolutely. Thought about this since Haytham's part in Rogue, just how the differences would play out in terms of a character change in the OTHER direction since we've seen the heel-turn from Brotherhood to member of The Order.

Even if it's DLC-only, or (and this is a bit of a reach, I know) Ubi pulls the dual protag thing again in the future but one's an Assassin, the other Templar. We'd have the familiar gameplay approach on the Assassin's side but could switch (ala' Syndicate) to another completely different playstyle for the Temp.

And for an even further reach I doubt anyone does or would care about other than me: the Templar/ Assassin protags could be relatives during the U.S. Civil War, where one would certainly be pro-Union and the other Confederate. I'd buy that.