PDA

View Full Version : A few noobish ( sort of ) questions

kevb0
06-17-2004, 04:13 PM
Hi guys.

I've been trying making a few Lo:Mac movies lately, but I just can't get the hang of it. My main problem is that my fps is constantly in the Single-Digits. Are there certian options that aren't really important in game while making a movie?

Also, I think i have a reason as to why my FPS is so low. I haven't quite figured how to make a track of online play, so, basicly, i have been recording the action live. Is it even possible? I would think if i did that, My FPS would be a tad higher and woulnd't make my movies seem so choppy.

Few more questions:

Is it possible to turn off text, labels, and
speach, etc. etc.

And, how do I make tracks of online play?

Thanks for your time guys, Any help is greatly appreciated.

kevb0
06-17-2004, 04:13 PM
Hi guys.

I've been trying making a few Lo:Mac movies lately, but I just can't get the hang of it. My main problem is that my fps is constantly in the Single-Digits. Are there certian options that aren't really important in game while making a movie?

Also, I think i have a reason as to why my FPS is so low. I haven't quite figured how to make a track of online play, so, basicly, i have been recording the action live. Is it even possible? I would think if i did that, My FPS would be a tad higher and woulnd't make my movies seem so choppy.

Few more questions:

Is it possible to turn off text, labels, and
speach, etc. etc.

And, how do I make tracks of online play?

Thanks for your time guys, Any help is greatly appreciated.

bSr.L()Csta
06-17-2004, 06:24 PM
Kev,

You can only record multi player games if you are the host. Then use the "record track" option instead of the fly botton to start the mission.

If you use the in-game AVI tool, you can typicaly max your settings for the render only, and get a clean, good looking clip. This works if your machine is not that high end, because you can record and edit your mission with w/e settings work best for you and then only go to the HIGH settings during the render which is frame by frame so performance doesnt matter anywayhttp://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif If you use fraps I believe you would still record and edit in normal settings and then actually capture the track at 1/2 speed with HIGH settings. Use reduce speeds to compensate for lag issues. Not sure if that is correct though?

The data bar on the bottom of the screen can be removed with the "Y" key.

Labels can be removed in the "Options/Difficulty" screen

Not sure if speech can be taken out seperately, other than native betty, or radio sett to low.

The wingman/AWACS/Tower chat in the upper right cannot be removed as far as I know.

Hope that helps.

GarySheriston
06-18-2004, 12:01 PM
Hi, guys.

In the 'Audio' section of the options there are buttons for 'Radio Speech' and 'Subtitles'. Set both of those to off and nobody will bother you with radio chatter, verbally or visually http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Happy shooting... Both kinds http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif