PDA

View Full Version : AC 1 remake

compukn1ght
06-07-2015, 06:53 PM
As I was browsing through Youtube I came across an interesting video stating that there is a petition for an AC1 remake for the next gen consoles or PC.

On the petition page they outline what they would like to see...

And I quote...

As active and engaged fans of the Assassin's Creed franchise, created and developed by Ubisoft, we have noticed the interest of several Assassin's Creed related communities, groups and individuals in a remastered version of the first game of the franchise, Assassin's Creed (2007), for 'next generation' consoles, namely Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC.

In this petition, we request Ubisoft for a remastered version of the games “Assassin's Creed (2007)”, “Assassin's Creed: Altaïr's Chronicles”, “Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines” and Altaïr's memories from "Assassin's Creed: Revelations", plus new playable content of Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad, including but not limited to Oliver Bowden's novel “The Secret Crusade”. All of this content to be included in one game.

This remastered version should include next generation gameplay and cutscenes/cinematics while still respecting the time setting, the story and Altaïr's personal armament, while gradually adding new gadgets, weapons and skills (smoke bombs, double assassinations, etc) as Altaïr's story progresses.

If possible, we would like the to have voice actor Philip Shahbaz reprising his role as Altaïr's with a time and setting appropriate accent, as well as hiring the other original voice actors where possible.

We would also like to preserve the “target's final moments” just the way they are from Assassin's Creed (2007) to Assassin's Creed: Rogue so we can actually see the target's motivations and allow the targets to explain their actions, unlike Assassin's Creed: Unity.

In addition to this, in light of the difficulties many users have experienced in Assassin's Creed: Unity, we would advise against the inclusion of companion apps or the Assassin's Creed Initiates website.

We would like to hear from Ubisoft through their official social networking sites to keep the fan-base updated on their decision regarding this matter.

The address for this petition is... https://www.change.org/p/ubisoft-entertainment-s-a-assassin-s-creed-2007-next-gen-remake

Please people get behind this petition to hopefully make Ubisoft notice.

Altair1789
06-07-2015, 07:02 PM
I don't mind a remake but do we really need a petition for it? This isn't the first time this happened either. I think we should just let Ubisoft remake when they wanna remake. I think in a few years time it'll be a potential thing and Ubisoft definitely won't pass up such an opportunity

compukn1ght
06-07-2015, 07:18 PM
Well it is only 2 years away from the 10 year anniversary for AC1, so fingers crossed eh

GunnerGalactico
06-07-2015, 09:02 PM
Why do people want AC1 to be remade so badly? Other than the repetitive type investigations, the game is not as terrible as people make it out to be. I don't feel that there is any need for a remake. It is fine just the way it is.

Bipolar Matt
06-12-2015, 04:07 PM
I don't really play many games other than Assassin's Creed. Just a handful of others.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing them ALL remastered for PS4 and Xbox One. Yes, even Revelations and 3.

m4r-k7
06-12-2015, 04:13 PM
Why do people want AC1 to be remade so badly? Other than the repetitive type investigations, the game is not as terrible as people make it out to be. I don't feel that there is any need for a remake. It is fine just the way it is.

AC 1 is one of my favourites just because of that setting. I wouldn't mind a remaster. I would love an AC 1 and AC 2 remaster just so that I could replay them on the PS4 :)

GunnerGalactico
06-12-2015, 06:32 PM
AC 1 is one of my favourites just because of that setting. I wouldn't mind a remaster. I would love an AC 1 and AC 2 remaster just so that I could replay them on the PS4 :)

Having all AC games up till AC3 remastered for current gen is fine, I don't want any of them to be remade.

I-Like-Pie45
06-12-2015, 06:47 PM
stop trying to turn Assassin's Creed 1 into something that it was never intended to be

Sesheenku
06-12-2015, 06:56 PM
stop trying to turn Assassin's Creed 1 into something that it was never intended to be

You mean more fun by removing the strict investigate -> stalk -> stab cycle?

It could use it. As long as they don't shove in their deplorable micro-transactions and release it buggier than a honeycomb.

AssassinHMS
06-12-2015, 08:06 PM
You mean more fun by removing the strict investigate -> stalk -> stab cycle?

That cycle is the main reason why I still cherish AC1. Unlike its successors, AC1 knows what it’s all about.

ERICATHERINE
06-12-2015, 09:07 PM
Having all AC games up till AC3 remastered for current gen is fine, I don't want any of them to be remade.

Them AND liberation hd AND rogue. ^-^

EmptyCrustacean
06-12-2015, 11:03 PM

This. I'm so fed up with these remake threads. The game is DONE, people. Ubisoft made the game they wanted. You bought. You played it. It's over.

The_Kiwi_
06-12-2015, 11:57 PM
This. I'm so fed up with these remake threads. The game is DONE, people. Ubisoft made the game they wanted. You bought. You played it. It's over.

http://media.giphy.com/media/QS2ZOYQMOqMow/giphy.gif

Exactly.

The game is done, it's out, you can play it if you want, just buy the appropriate console.
The world is filled with people who can't play certain video games, it's not up to the developers to then cater to them, remaking the game so that they can play it
I'd rather Ubisoft remake AC1 for the PS2 or even gameboys so that people in poor communities without means of attaining the latest hardware can play the game, instead of remaking it for entitled brats who need 1080p60fps games to be happy

Every time someone asks for a remaster, I lose faith in humanity just that little bit more

phoenix-force411
06-13-2015, 12:26 AM
No, don't remake it. They'll destroy whatever was unique about it that no other AC was able to recreate.

compukn1ght
06-13-2015, 01:06 AM
actually after reading these replies I believe that a REMASTERED version would be better than a remake.

Defalt221
06-16-2015, 07:11 PM
I don't mind a remake but do we really need a petition for it? This isn't the first time this happened either. I think we should just let Ubisoft remake when they wanna remake. I think in a few years time it'll be a potential thing and Ubisoft definitely won't pass up such an opportunity

But then the Syrian medieval setting will be the most underused setting in AC history. So I think a remake or maybe in the footsteps of Altair's father..

Altair1789
06-17-2015, 03:39 AM
But then the Syrian medieval setting will be the most underused setting in AC history. So I think a remake or maybe in the footsteps of Altair's father..

It is an interesting setting for many, but there are many important historical events and settings. They've never needed to use the same setting in more than one game. A remastered AC1 wouldn't really make this setting reused either.

I say Ubisoft makes a sequence for each Helix Menu, and an explorable city to go along with each Helix Menu mission. This will mean we'll be able to play in Masyaf (among other cities) on the new engine. It could be a Syndicate DLC. I protest to Ubi now, everyday, every week, every month until Ubi gib helix menu. Ubi be sully helix menu :rolleyes: