PDA

View Full Version : Purges

AngelDiMaria08
06-07-2015, 02:28 PM
Bellec justified the killing of Mirabeau to Arno by that this is not the first time Assassins purging their leaders. He said Masyaf, Monterregioni and The Colonies.

Ok Altair purged Levantine brotherhood from AlMualim.

But The colonies who did he refer to Connor? He didn't purge the assassins but the Templars. Shay? He was a Templar when he purged the assassins or did he really see that Achilles , Hope and the others must be killed and Shay did the right thing but only the way was wrong (ie Joining the Templars) and he preferred purging the Colonial Assassin brotherhood by Shay from within. I think he was in the colonial brotherhood but a low rank and he knew Shay and he escaped the purge of the Colonial brotherhood just in time and flee to Paris.

Monterregioni, who did Ezio kill to purge the creed?

This is unclear to me if anybody could understand may he/she clarify it to me.

MongoosE97
06-07-2015, 05:19 PM
I thought the exact same thing. The Masyaf reference made sense but I couldn't figure out Monterigionni and the American Colonies. I don't think he can be referring to Shay either because it seems like Achilles' brotherhood has a similar air of fanaticism to Bellec, as well as Shay being a Templar when wiping them out.
Not a clue for Monterigionni, closest thing I can think of is La Volpe ALMOST killing Machiavelli, but obviously he doesn't in the end because there was no reason to!

I'm lost

VestigialLlama4
06-07-2015, 05:40 PM
Bellec justified the killing of Mirabeau to Arno by that this is not the first time Assassins purging their leaders. He said Masyaf, Monterregioni and The Colonies.

Ok Altair purged Levantine brotherhood from AlMualim.

But The colonies who did he refer to Connor? He didn't purge the assassins but the Templars. Shay? He was a Templar when he purged the assassins or did he really see that Achilles , Hope and the others must be killed and Shay did the right thing but only the way was wrong (ie Joining the Templars) and he preferred purging the Colonial Assassin brotherhood by Shay from within. I think he was in the colonial brotherhood but a low rank and he knew Shay and he escaped the purge of the Colonial brotherhood just in time and flee to Paris.

Monterregioni, who did Ezio kill to purge the creed?

This is unclear to me if anybody could understand may he/she clarify it to me.

What Bellec says is "Do you think it's the first time this has happened? The first time the Assassins have been forced to purge their leadership? The first time the Order has built itself back up from nothing to power? No. Masyaf, Monteriggioni, the American Colonies...it's all happened before, and we've risen anew, stronger than ever. But now...we've lost our purpose Arno. We mired ourselves in politics and revolutions. But we're not a nation. We're an army. And in an army, "making peace with the enemy" is called 'treason'."

He doesn't mean that Connor and Ezio purged the brotherhood, but he sees them "as building themselves back up from nothing to power". Basically he sees himself and Arno as doing for Paris France what Connor, Ezio and Altair did in their time and he feels that Mirabeau is not any worse from Al Mualim and Abbas.

MongoosE97
06-07-2015, 05:43 PM
That makes more sense!