PDA

View Full Version : [Feedback] Haven Units / GUI suggestions

Inqubx
06-06-2015, 05:12 PM
Hello, I'm a long time homm fan. I've been enjoying the beta despite the numerous bugs in the game at the moment. I will post some suggestions based on the couple of games I have played. I'll make a seperate post about the bugs and text errors I found later this week when I make a proper list because there is too many to remember.

Anyway I'll start:

Haven Units:

WHY WHY WHY is there feral rabid dogs/direwolves in the HAVEN faction?!? come on! Griffins are far more regal creatures much more associated with royalty, kings castles etc in fantasy much more fitting in the Haven faction than the wolves could ever be. This is not Game of Thrones, Haven faction is not Winterfell with the dark, cold, bleak castle & wolves. Its a majestic castle like the Griffins are majestic creatures. Keep the wolves neutral or Stonghold or something, keep them away from Haven.

I suggest you swap the Direwolves/Silverbacks over with the Griffins/Imperial Griffins (considering you have them as neutral creatures atm)
Even your own art team is giving you the hint...
http://i57.tinypic.com/jsldth.jpg

A minor issue, I get the idea of the Guardian as like a female "paladin" type unit but any chance you can change it so she looks more like a "Paladin" type than a "Rogue/Bandit" from Heroes 3.
Perhaps give her a hammer with some gold trim and some more white/gold clothes. She looks more like an assasin atm. Justicar is not as bad.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/16/84/94/16849445a19ea519f9d1984babb79659.jpg

GUI

1. Is it possible to get highlights on the buildings when you hover over them with the mouse in town view. So you can see clearer what building is what.

2. In town view can we get an X in the top right of the screen so we can exit back to the map screen.

3. In map screen with a Hero selected if you hover over your city it would be good if it highlighted what your mouse was over like it does when you hold down alt. Also it would be good if double left clicking on the whole town/city opened up town view, insted of just the small banner.

4. The town screen watercolor painting look I have grown to like, but other UI artwork elements look very cheap and nasty, like the building progress tree screen - it is very low resolution and not all that nice to look at.

Thats all I have time for just now, but i'll post more later after I play some more.

bitebug2003
06-06-2015, 05:30 PM
Sorry you were caught up in a ban wave

Unbanned and post restored

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Inqubx
06-06-2015, 07:38 PM
Sorry you were caught up in a ban wave

Unbanned and post restored

Sorry for the inconvenience.

NP, i'm sorry my post looks like a troll lol

Anamorphose31
06-07-2015, 09:01 PM
I agree for the griffins. Many of us do, I think.

Nevertheless, if you read the lore, Ivan Duke of Griffin is allied to the Wolf Duchy. That explains why there are wolves.

I would prefer they give choice like for the Elite unit, but well. I think they won't because wolves have unlimited retaliation just like griffins. Wolves are really meant to replace them.

If you don't take angels you have no flying units, that would be my only reproach for this choice of the wolves.

Woopertooper
06-07-2015, 11:53 PM
I'm actually really happy to see the griffins out of Haven. I was getting so bored by the 'holy griffin' theme I started to really dislike the faction. I'd rather see griffins in Sylvan or Academy if I'm honest!
I also like that Haven can only get flying units as Elite units, its much more like the original Knight faction and it gives Haven a more obviously different playing style to the other factions. I think wolves fit, both with the wolf duchy theme and I can imagine humans having an easier time taming and domesticating wolves over griffins :)

Gwydie
06-08-2015, 12:04 AM
I think they considered the possibility of adding griffins in the beginning as they are already ingame and there are also imperial griffins like in previous heroes games. I don't know why they pulled them off, maybe because of the wolf's duchy and also because wolves are trendy "game of thrones" and so on... but to be honest I would prefer griffins to come back too :)

Valderrama1990
06-08-2015, 01:06 PM
I think they considered the possibility of adding griffins in the beginning as they are already ingame and there are also imperial griffins like in previous heroes games. I don't know why they pulled them off, maybe because of the wolf's duchy and also because wolves are trendy "game of thrones" and so on... but to be honest I would prefer griffins to come back too :)

Griffins would make more sense to have in the line up. imo.

The wolves falls a bit out of haven lore. They should be neutral, or with the stronghold faction as other people have suggested.

Veco359
06-08-2015, 03:18 PM
Hi Mate I agree with your options but I think what wolfs cannot be replaced in this stage of Development of game.

I hope that we will get choice for which unit we want to build in expansion like we have between Angels and Landsknecht.

PS Take look on my ideas http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1154116-My-suggestion-for-improve-GUI-Heaven-units-building-and-other-bug-with-artifacts

DecayWolf
06-09-2015, 12:22 PM
Solution:
- Remove wolfs.
- Down grade guardian to core.
- Get our beloved griffins back as elite.

Pleaseeeee.