PDA

View Full Version : graphical downgrade

Widliczka67PL
06-05-2015, 10:14 PM
Why is the game so much worse than H6 in graphic ? H6 was beautiful colors, i loved ... this is too grey, looks like online game, bright colors

darkage101
06-05-2015, 11:33 PM
Well it is a beta... I swear feels like people have never beta tested a video game before.

GMnemonic
06-11-2015, 09:49 PM
well it's developed by UNBISOFT so we could expect every game to be worse ten times over. I prefer homm 5 over Homm 6 over homm 7

Best way to go is back to homm 6 graphics homm 5 town screens and gameplay systems. keep flanking and adventure object or just completely redo the game xD

PewSquare
06-15-2015, 07:48 AM
Well it is a beta... I swear feels like people have never beta tested a video game before.

As someone who has been in quite a few betas in the last couple of years, i got to tell you its really adorable and naive how you think things will actually change from the beta till release.

What you see is what you will get. Considering the devs are busy working on the remaining content and towns. You wont see them make new assets just because people are not happy with mediocrity. Also do you know how actual beta testing is supposed to look like? The only beta that actually resembled a real beta and i was a part off is the GGG Path of exile beta for the new content they are going to release. And guess what, it had pretty much daily updates, content wipes all the time, an actuall bug tracker with developers updating it constantly, and weekly recaps of stuff that was done, stuff that was beeing fixed, and drastic changes. And when i say actuall bug tracker, it was people from the community finding every little bug and reporting it, so the devs at one point i think reached 600+ bugs and required fixes that were beeing implemented on the go.

And not here you go, play with for a little bit. With a disclaimer "end product will totally be better than what you got because this is totally a beta".

This from what i see and hear, is more like the guild wars 2 beta. Where you just get access a bit prior to release with some content locked. And the end product manages to be even worse than beta.

The "its a beta" excuse only really works if the devs actually treat it like a beta.

stormage04
06-23-2015, 08:39 PM
Why is the game so much worse than H6 in graphic ? H6 was beautiful colors, i loved ... this is too grey, looks like online game, bright colors

because UE3 is really outdated today

darkage101
06-28-2015, 01:12 AM
As someone who has been in quite a few betas in the last couple of years, i got to tell you its really adorable and naive how you think things will actually change from the beta till release.

What you see is what you will get. Considering the devs are busy working on the remaining content and towns. You wont see them make new assets just because people are not happy with mediocrity. Also do you know how actual beta testing is supposed to look like? The only beta that actually resembled a real beta and i was a part off is the GGG Path of exile beta for the new content they are going to release. And guess what, it had pretty much daily updates, content wipes all the time, an actuall bug tracker with developers updating it constantly, and weekly recaps of stuff that was done, stuff that was beeing fixed, and drastic changes. And when i say actuall bug tracker, it was people from the community finding every little bug and reporting it, so the devs at one point i think reached 600+ bugs and required fixes that were beeing implemented on the go.

And not here you go, play with for a little bit. With a disclaimer "end product will totally be better than what you got because this is totally a beta".

This from what i see and hear, is more like the guild wars 2 beta. Where you just get access a bit prior to release with some content locked. And the end product manages to be even worse than beta.

The "its a beta" excuse only really works if the devs actually treat it like a beta.

I kinda understood you're opinion, even though it is thrown all over. All I know is if you look at older stream videos of them showing the game, you can clearly see that they didn't have that blur effect our beta model did. I honestly feel that they gave us a downgraded version of the one they showcased damn near 8 months ago... That is what leads me to think it well look better by release but I could be wrong not going to say I'm 100 percent certain.

This is just my opinion/rant

I feel people who nit pick every single thing, especially the graphical aspect of a beta, are the soul reason why video games like this eventually cease to exist (not saying this one will since its still surviving some how). Expectations are through the ceiling for a game company with less then 50 people (most have more then 200/above), and probably only has less then 15-20k fans now. I say that mainly for it being more Russian supported right now, which Imho is very bad because it isn't a big gaming market as compared to America or China in which would mean the game would easily have more expansion but by the looks most likely won't. I think there doing fine with what they have considering... and if you ask me this series is going to probably die sadly because of its fan sooner or later anyway. This generation of gamers are so toxic to everybody around them and complain about everything revolving AAA games pertaining to: Bugs, Prices, Look, Feel and Betas.. but are more then fine with paying thousands of dollars towards cheap free to play mobile/phone app games made by a few people that are literally beating all other gaming devices in revenues, that also basically resemble/rip off old school games along with flash games that were free. Seriously the new age gamers are morons who need to get their heads out of asses and support a company who is hanging on to a title that easily could have been trashed by now.

GMnemonic
07-06-2015, 01:00 PM
thew graphics of this game are the worst in the series homm 6 was much better the adventure map scale townscreens everything is wrong. the color the trees it actually looks like a washed out shooter and civilisation map design with some painterly townscreens without roads etc, its a BIG mess

Avonu_de_Odihs
07-15-2015, 09:06 AM
The graphic, however ugly it would be, is not the problem itself. True, from what we saw in beta, Heroes 7 graphic is bad but can be acceptable... if not system requirements, which are too high for what we get at the end.

Developers stated (http://www.celestialheavens.com/viewpage.php?id=847) that:

We are making a 2015 game
..and what we get? I don't know but for sure it's not a 2015's graphic... even Heroes 6, which has few years, have better graphic.

And there are many more problem with Heroes 7 design. Graphic is just one of them.

DungeonLover
07-23-2015, 02:59 PM
I'm happy they downgraded the graphics, should run faster now!

Rizzit
07-26-2015, 11:59 AM
Not buying this cartoon thrash. BAck to HoMM3 for another 10 years i guess