PDA

View Full Version : Maybe we will (I hope soon) have a REAL remake. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
06-05-2015, 07:57 PM
I have seen for some times, on the playstation store of the ps4, that we can to rent some old ac games like ac ii and ac iii, for many days. I didn't tried it since I can still play these games on my ps3, but I have great hopes for the coming months.

I so hope that the next step will be a remake. What do you guy think about it? ^-^

The_Kiwi_
06-07-2015, 01:08 AM
**** remakes
They aren't necessary

Why pay for a game you already have?
You said you can still play them on PS3, so you obviously don't need it

And don't say "because better graphics", that comes off as extremely entitled, ungrateful and spoiled

ze_topazio
06-07-2015, 01:41 AM
Maybe if Patrice returned to remake AC1 in the same manner that Mikami remade Resident Evil 1, if they could make that remake as awesome as the Resident Evil Remake then sure, if not, then, there would be no point.

ERICATHERINE
06-07-2015, 03:32 AM
**** remakes
They aren't necessary

And don't say "because better graphics", that comes off as extremely entitled, ungrateful and spoiled

Just in case my ps3 break. I don't care about graphics, all i want is a simple port. My ps3 work less and less good every time it freeze and the more it freeze, the sooner it will happen again. Also, in the case where there would be a real remake, I dont see why I would buy those games, if I still can play with my ps3 versions. ^-^

The_Kiwi_
06-07-2015, 06:36 AM
Then how about you worry about it when your PS3 breaks instead of asking for a remake whilst expecting it to

king-hailz
06-07-2015, 08:37 AM
I don't want a remake I just want all the games ported to the this gen. I think Uncharted are doing it with all of their games and I think they should do it for AC. I mean since the PS4 and xbox one have more memory they could fit the entire ezio trilogy on 1 disk without multiplayer so maybe they could a trilogy box set with AC1, AC2 and AC3 all for this gen.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-07-2015, 01:59 PM
I think a remake should be when people didn't have access to last gen consoles/started off with the current gen consoles and didn't get to play those games.

So basically from AC1 to AC3, and that is a LOT of games from AC to be missing out on.

Besides, I wouldnt mind Altair, Ezio and Connor in some current gen graphics <3 :p

But of course, only time [and money] will tell with what Ubisoft wants to do with that arrangement.

Shahkulu101
06-07-2015, 02:07 PM
So...many...remake...threads...

I'd be open to a remake, in 5-10 years when graphics have advanced immensely. Right now the graphical gap between Unity and AC1-AC4 isn't big enough to warrant a remake. It's pretty big sure, but I think remakes are only necessary when the initial game looks so bad it's almost unplayable. I feel that way about a lot of PS2 era games, I wish I didn't but poor graphics make my eyes hurt.

EmptyCrustacean
06-07-2015, 02:24 PM
I don't want a remake I just want all the games ported to the this gen. I think Uncharted are doing it with all of their games and I think they should do it for AC. I mean since the PS4 and xbox one have more memory they could fit the entire ezio trilogy on 1 disk without multiplayer so maybe they could a trilogy box set with AC1, AC2 and AC3 all for this gen.

The Uncharted situation is different. There will be many who switched from XBox 360 to PS4 so never played Uncharted (me) so it makes sense. Same with Last of Us - remastering console exclusives gives converters a chance to play games they couldn't before. Remastering games that is more or less available to everyone is pointless and a waste of money.

ERICATHERINE
06-07-2015, 04:22 PM
Then how about you worry about it when your PS3 breaks instead of asking for a remake whilst expecting it to

I think you didn't read my first comment correctly. :rolleyes:

I did not ASK for a remake. I just said I HOPE it's the next step.

Also, I was informing people maybe they can to rent some old ac games on the ps4 ps store, just in case they can't play them anymore, because I like to play all the games in the order before a new ac games. ^-^

EmbodyingSeven5
06-07-2015, 04:47 PM
**** remakes
They aren't necessary

The ability to take some of your favorite games to the next generation of consoles( because not everyone kept their last gen consoles), with updated graphics, new missions, less glitches, and dlc .you never got around to playing.

so for some, they are quiet necessary. you kinda sounded like a jerk yourself if you assume we don't have reasons for wanting a remaster of a game.

MongoosE97
06-07-2015, 05:23 PM
What I'm seeing here is people talking about a remaster rather than a remake. In terms of the first game,I think a remake would be great with new, varied missions, tighter controls, and better cutscenes. Perhaps even including the bits from Revelations, and AC: Bloodlines as well as some new bits. This would be amazing, as long as it could retain the original feel of the first game.
After AC1, I don't think the others need any remaking so I'd be up for a remaster of the whole series perhaps on the next generation of consoles.

The_Kiwi_
06-08-2015, 12:47 AM
The Uncharted situation is different. There will be many who switched from XBox 360 to PS4 so never played Uncharted (me) so it makes sense. Same with Last of Us - remastering console exclusives gives converters a chance to play games they couldn't before. Remastering games that is more or less available to everyone is pointless and a waste of money.

For once, I agree with you 100%

I think you didn't read my first comment correctly. :rolleyes:

I did not ASK for a remake. I just said I HOPE it's the next step.

Also, I was informing people maybe they can to rent some old ac games on the ps4 ps store, just in case they can't play them anymore, because I like to play all the games in the order before a new ac games. ^-^

Saying you hope for one is a subtle way of asking for it, so there is no difference whatsoever
It's pretty much asking for it without asking for it

e.g. a wife is talking to her husband and says "I hope someone buys me that ring", when really what she is saying is "you better get the hint and buy me that ring"

The ability to take some of your favorite games to the next generation of consoles( because not everyone kept their last gen consoles), with updated graphics, new missions, less glitches, and dlc .you never got around to playing.

so for some, they are quiet necessary. you kinda sounded like a jerk yourself if you assume we don't have reasons for wanting a remaster of a game.

Oh no, you misunderstand
I'm not assuming you don't have reasons, I'm stating that any reason you have is stupid and childish and entitled

ERICATHERINE
06-08-2015, 01:20 AM
Saying you hope for one is a subtle way of asking for it, so there is no difference whatsoever

e.g. a wife is talking to her husband and says "I hope someone buys me that ring", when really what she is saying is "you better get the hint and buy me that ring"

Well, it's not always the case.

E.g. A father telling his boy, after he did something bad : I HOPE you're happy. Because of you, christmas is ruined.

I also think it would be a good thing for the people who wants a year without a new ac game. ^-^

The_Kiwi_
06-08-2015, 01:30 AM
Well, it's not always the case.

E.g. A father telling his boy, after he did something bad : I HOPE you're happy. Because of you, christmas is ruined.

I also think it would be a good thing for the people who wants a year without a new ac game. ^-^

That's used in a completely different context, so your argument is invalid

Hoping someone feels a certain way is not the same as hoping you get something

Remakes are not necessary

ERICATHERINE
06-08-2015, 05:16 AM

You don't understand. :rolleyes:

I don't hope to GET something. I hope that me AND everyone else will HAVE THE POSSIBILITY to get the old ac games for current gen. ^-^

Also, I think that saying that's not nessessary is true, but only in a certain way. It's the same thing for every video game, because these thing, while costing us money, also bring us joy and by every video game I also mean these remakes because they also bring joy to the person who would play them. So yes, maybe it's not nessessary, since it only bring us joy, but if you think everyone have no permission to at least get the chance to get them only because of that and the fact that it cost us money then does that mean that we should say "you will no longer have jobs", to all the following people

All the persons who are doing video games (and I don't mean, only Ubisoft)
All the clowns
All the cheerleaders
All the persons who work in the place where they sell or the persons who instal the swimming pool
All the persons who do movies
Everyone doing and sell tv
All the persons who're doing phones
All the persons who are selling or making poster...

The list could continu and be much longer than that.

I don't want to change your mind on if you want a remake or not, but you should understand that you alone have no influence on ubisoft mind and most of all, that if you don't want it just don't buy it.

On my side, I know for sure that me and my brother don't want a sport video game. So, instead of anoying everyone by saying things like "sport video games are not nessessary" which would mean "I don't want them to be selled to anyone since I don't like them and I reject all your arguments", I just don't buy them.

The_Kiwi_
06-08-2015, 06:07 AM
You don't understand. :rolleyes:

I don't hope to GET something. I hope that me AND everyone else will HAVE THE POSSIBILITY to get the old ac games for current gen. ^-^

Also, I think that saying that's not nessessary is true, but only in a certain way. It's the same thing for every video game, because these thing, while costing us money, also bring us joy and by every video game I also mean these remakes because they also bring joy to the person who would play them. So yes, maybe it's not nessessary, since it only bring us joy, but if you think everyone have no permission to at least get the chance to get them only because of that and the fact that it cost us money then does that mean that we should say "you will no longer have jobs", to all the following people

All the persons who are doing video games (and I don't mean, only Ubisoft)
All the clowns
All the cheerleaders
All the persons who work in the place where they sell or the persons who instal the swimming pool
All the persons who do movies
Everyone doing and sell tv
All the persons who're doing phones
All the persons who are selling or making poster...

The list could continu and be much longer than that.

I don't want to change your mind on if you want a remake or not, but you should understand that you alone have no influence on ubisoft mind and most of all, that if you don't want it just don't buy it.

On my side, I know for sure that me and my brother don't want a sport video game. So, instead of anoying everyone by saying things like "sport video games are not nessessary" which would mean "I don't want them to be selled to anyone since I don't like them and I reject all your arguments", I just don't buy them.

Nothing you say makes sense
Nothing at all
Everything is irrelevant
Everything

I've proved my point, so imma stop while I'm ahead

ERICATHERINE
06-08-2015, 06:49 AM
Nothing at all
Everything is irrelevant
Everything

Lol. How can you say you proved something while all you have been saying is only YOUR opinion. You didn't telled any proof of what your saying. You even did not say why a remake is not nessessary. On my part, I REALLY proved my point. If you don't know how to read between the lines, that's not my probleme. All I can say is that you did NOT prove your point AT ALL and that your opinion of there should be no remake because I don't want it is just selfish. It's not because people are telling me my hair should not be blue that I'll give my hair a color they will like more than that one.

The_Kiwi_
06-08-2015, 07:04 AM
Lol. How can you say you proved something while all you have been saying is only YOUR opinion. You didn't telled any proof of what your saying. You even did not say why a remake is not nessessary. On my part, I REALLY proved my point. If you don't know how to read between the lines, that's not my probleme. All I can say is that you did NOT prove your point AT ALL and that your opinion of there should be no remake because I don't want it is just selfish. It's not because people are telling me my hair should not be blue that I'll give my hair a color they will like more than that one.

lol
Now you're the one who doesn't understand

ttfn

ERICATHERINE
06-08-2015, 07:51 AM
lol
Now you're the one who doesn't understand

ttfn

There's absolutely nothing to understand. The only thing you've said on the possibility of the last gen ac going on the curent gen as a next step to the rent of these games is "*** remake" which is only your opinion and "remakes are not nessessary"which is invalide, without good argument, which you never said. Everything else you said was subjective if it was not out of the subjet, So if you "valued" your point your point didn't havec any interest. Yes I asked opinion, but I never said anyone could critise the opinions of people the way you do. You're clearly insulting everyone that is not thinking like you and THAT is stupid and childish.

**** remakes 1
They aren't necessary 2

Why pay for a game you already have? 3
You said you can still play them on PS3, so you obviously don't need it 4

And don't say "because better graphics", that comes off as extremely entitled, ungrateful and spoiled 3

1 That's your opinion
2 do you have any proof which would not be opinion
3 who are you to judge what people should buy or there reason to buy
4 and like I said I won't do that until I won't be able to play anymore
3 and 4 subjective.

I'm hoping this for many reason like
Because I think about the person who never had a ps3
To be able to play bloodlines
Or for everyone who don't have a ps3 anymore.

For once, I agree with you 100% 1

e.g. a wife is talking to her husband and says "I hope someone buys me that ring", when really what she is saying is "you better get the hint and buy me that ring" 2

Oh no, you misunderstand
I'm not assuming you don't have reasons, I'm stating that any reason you have is stupid and childish and entitled 3

1 like I said you're more gentle with the person who think the same as you, which mean you do discrimination with every one who don't think like you
2 everyone thinking about their hopes is a good exemple, because what you think is not heard by anyone and for asking something, on my opinion, there most be someone to hear you
3 your very impolite on this one.

Like I said, that's not valid if you don't tell proof.

Nothing at all
Everything is irrelevant
Everything

So like I said, you did not proved your point and if yes, it wasn't something that had a link with the sucbject because you were saying sentences on the subject 3 times. 1 of them is your opinion, which I accept. The other two could have been valid, but only if you would have added proof, which you did not do.

The_Kiwi_
06-08-2015, 08:34 AM
1 That's your opinion
2 do you have any proof which would not be opinion
3 who are you to judge what people should buy or there reason to buy
4 and like I said I won't do that until I won't be able to play anymore
3 and 4 subjective.

1. So?
2. Do you? The onus of proof is on you, now
3. I'm human, judging is what we do
4. And like I said, maybe you should wait for your PS3 to break (which may not happen) instead of asking. Yes, asking, as I've told you already, is what you did.

I'm hoping this for many reason like
Because I think about the person who never had a ps3
To be able to play bloodlines
Or for everyone who don't have a ps3 anymore.

Not everyone can play every game, that's life
Companies shouldn't have to cater to the needy and entitled brats who think they deserve everything because they're a fan (not pointing fingers)

1 like I said you're more gentle with the person who think the same as you, which mean you do discrimination with every one who don't think like you
2 everyone thinking about their hopes is a good exemple, because what you think is not heard by anyone and for asking something, on my opinion, there most be someone to hear you
3 your very impolite on this one.

1. So? If you're gonna get all sensitive because I didn't argue with someone I agree with, then that's not my problem
2. What are you even trying to say here? All I see is that you admitted to asking for it. "what you think is not heard [unless you say it]", "there must be someone to hear you ". Good job.
3. That's my opinion, I think people who want remasters/remakes are childish and entitled. People should be a little more grateful.

So like I said, you did not proved your point and if yes, it wasn't something that had a link with the sucbject because you were saying sentences on the subject 3 times. 1 of them is your opinion, which I accept. The other two could have been valid, but only if you would have added proof, which you did not do.

You can't say that when you have no idea what my point even was...
I'm embarrassed for you for even saying this

-------------

You know how much cheaper it would be, for you [I]and Ubisoft, to just buy another PS3 instead of buying 5 games at a new price, if your PS3 breaks?
A lot cheaper.
Using prices for my games here, remasters/remakes cost about $80 brand new. Multiply that by 5, that's $400.
PS3s go for $180 in store, or even for $50 at a pawn shop

And if you think Ubisoft, the company that put half their game behind a pay wall, will release all 5 games in one cheap bundle, then all I can do is envy your na´vety.

ERICATHERINE
06-08-2015, 09:58 AM
1. So? - like I said it's your opinion and I accept it.
2. Do you? The onus of proof is on you, now - I don't have any proof to find since I don't think that way
3. I'm human, judging is what we do I'm haman and I never judge, just like my borther
4. And like I said, maybe you should wait for your PS3 to break (which may not happen) instead of asking. Yes, asking, as I've told you already, is what you did. - I don't consider what I said as asking, i'll explain why later in the comment

Not everyone can play every game, that's life - yes, I know, but if the next step is a remake, then more people will
Companies shouldn't have to cater to the needy and entitled brats who think they deserve everything because they're a fan (not pointing fingers) - totally agree, since I can do without the books and so, don't think I deserve everything.

1. So? If you're gonna get all sensitive because I didn't argue with someone I agree with, then that's not my problem - that's not what I mean. It's just that you should talk with every one the same way you did with him instead of to be impolite with the majority. Everyone in the world thinks differently than every other person in the world and I when I watch outside I don't hear everyone crossing each others path calling them stupid
2. What are you even trying to say here? All I see is that you admitted to asking for it. "what you think is not heard [unless you say it]", "there must be someone to hear you ". Good job. - yes, but the persons I talked with while expressing my hope wasn't ubisoft, I was talking to the person I informed on the rent fact. For asking someone something the person you're talking to should have the possibility to grant that wish. If not it stay hope, so since I was not talking to ubisoft it stay hope. Sorry if you didn't understand. I've explained it to my stepbrother which is near 9 years old and he understand perfectly
3. That's my opinion, I think people who want remasters/remakes are childish and entitled. People should be a little more grateful.- That's not a reason for being impolite. All you were doing was showing your disrespect.

You can't say that when you have no idea what my point even was...
I'm embarrassed for you for even saying this - if your point is saying it's not nessessary, it's invalide because you said no proof, so if you have a proof than share it. If your point was "**** remake", yes it's an opinion, but it can't be a point or at least I don't consider that as a point. Everything else was not link to the subject. I've just been doing a easy deduction

-------------

You know how much cheaper it would be, for you [I]and Ubisoft, to just buy another PS3 instead of buying 5 games at a new price, if your PS3 breaks?
A lot cheaper.
Using prices for my games here, remasters/remakes cost about $80 brand new. Multiply that by 5, that's $400.
PS3s go for $180 in store, or even for $50 at a pawn shop - for the pawn shop that would mean buying it as used which mean it will last sooner. And buying it new in store would maybe cost 180$, but that is without talking the ac game I would have to buy for the downloadable versions and their downloadable content and the gas for the car to go to shop with the nearest that sell it far away. Also, that same nearest shop always sell electronics at a bigger price the the others.

And if you think Ubisoft, the company that put half their game behind a pay wall, will release all 5 games in one cheap bundle, then all I can do is envy your na´vety. - I know it wouldn't be cheap, but I would take it anyway, because all I have to do would be to wait after chrstmas and/or my birthday and with my brother (we always pay electronics together) I'm sur we would have enough money

The_Kiwi_
06-08-2015, 10:16 AM
I'm sorry but I stopped reading after you said "I don't judge"
I can't take you seriously anymore

Locopells
06-08-2015, 11:39 AM
Guys, knock it off...

ERICATHERINE
06-08-2015, 04:42 PM
Guys, knock it off...

Ok, you gave me a good idea. Ne jamais rÚpondre au personne bornÚ (sorry for writing it in french, I just don't know how to write the word "bornÚ" in english). ^-^

compukn1ght
06-11-2015, 07:24 PM
I for one own EVERY AC game, all the novels and associated literature, all limited edition figurines and as many replica's from the series as I can get my hands on. Now I personally would love to see a remake in time for the 10 year anniversary.

I mean look at the god awful Master Chief collection.... the only saving grace was the superb Halo 2 remake. Now I can understand the reluctance what with Tomb Raider Definitive edition, Sleeping Dogs update etc, but for those of us that had Unity as their first AC game, I feel for them as that game was a shambles compared to the original.

I would like to see everything mentioned in the following post.... http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1160874-AC-1-remake?

Now I do appreciate that some people will not want a remake, but I am firmly in the pro party. That does not mean that I do not respect their position, but at least give those that would like to see a remake the same courtesy.

ERICATHERINE
06-12-2015, 01:10 AM
I for one own EVERY AC game, all the novels and associated literature, all limited edition figurines and as many replica's from the series as I can get my hands on. Now I personally would love to see a remake in time for the 10 year anniversary.

I mean look at the god awful Master Chief collection.... the only saving grace was the superb Halo 2 remake. Now I can understand the reluctance what with Tomb Raider Definitive edition, Sleeping Dogs update etc, but for those of us that had Unity as their first AC game, I feel for them as that game was a shambles compared to the original.

I would like to see everything mentioned in the following post.... http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1160874-AC-1-remake?

Now I do appreciate that some people will not want a remake, but I am firmly in the pro party. That does not mean that I respect their position, but at least give those that would like to see a remake the same courtesy.

This. ^-^