PDA

View Full Version : POLL : Free Downloadable Multiplayer Merchant Ships.

TASKFORCE1x1
07-03-2004, 04:11 AM

TASKFORCE1x1
07-03-2004, 04:11 AM

TASKFORCE1x1
07-03-2004, 04:12 AM
LOL then we have reason for the lifeboats! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/35.gif

Keep on Smiling'

jeroen-79
07-03-2004, 11:32 AM
Why would people want to be targets?

sav112
07-04-2004, 08:31 AM
Being a destroyer I understand but a merchant vessel would be boring, what could you do? You can't out run or take action to fight the subs as your meant to be in a convoy system. when the ship is hit its going down its that simple.

All you could do is change direction and hope, although it would satisfy those wishing to watch sun set's and and watch the weather.

You could call it Merchant Sailor, all the fun of going from point A to point B.

TASKFORCE1x1
07-04-2004, 11:05 PM
A demo is a demo. It shouldnt do anything more than give the user a feel for graphics. Some merchant ships have a gun. Maybe it can be low powered so they can shoot at the subs of the full version. I'm just throwing ideas out to the devteam so they may accept or decline how a demo should be. There is no wrong or right in what I suggest. Its all up to how they want to market SHIII. I personally would have the following features in a demo for SHIII:

1- Human demo Merchant ships can fire at us but limited in how they can damage our sub.

2- Human demo merchants can be saved by AI or human merchants or can be captured by us.

3- Human demo subs can be the basic games most basic sub but can only fire once or not at all.

(This is a demo. It should only be an intro to the game.)

There are mixed views what a demo should have. These are just some of my views for how a SHIII should be. I just want the devteam to have some more ideas on how they could market SHIII so more people buy SHIII. I sold on SHIII already but for those who dont like subsims or never tried a subsim or wont risk buying one I want a demo that would be a good intro to SHIII so SHIII can be a best seller. If only 1 person bought SHIII then why make SH4. Im looking for high #'s of sales. I want a SH4! As computers progress with technology, graphic improvement etc.. , those special effects can be added to a new version of SH4. Long ago there was no fog ability or anti-alising. Now there is direct-x-9 which give us better graphics and sound. The newer cards also support fog and anti-alising. The dev team has taken advantage of this in SHIII. I just want a demo to be fun but in a limited way. A good demo has made me want to buy many games that I never heard of but was curious enough to try. There is no sacrifice in trying a demo. Maybe a little time wasted if you dont like the game but if its a good demo then more people would be convinced to buy somethings as breath-taking as SHIII. Maybe there is a "best demo of the year" award to be won out there? http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Keep on Smiling'