PDA

View Full Version : competition for beta key!

Hieronimis
06-04-2015, 10:52 PM
So as I said before I have 1 beta key to give away. So there is competition rule is pretty simple the first guy who give good answer will recive it from me.
question is?
What are TWO the biggest changes in combat bettwen heroes 2 and 3,5,6,7?

First guy wins good luck have fun.

AbyssalStalker
06-05-2015, 12:10 AM
In heroes 6 and 7 they allow the hero to actually attack rather than just cast spells which was pretty cool.

In heroes V didn't the hero have a turn order like the units (rather than going before any unit)? That was an interesting take.

Heroes 3 had a hex-based combat while heroes V+ had square-based.

Those are the differences that jump out at me if we're talking strictly combat.

goodjob666
06-05-2015, 12:41 AM
you could onlyhave 5 units and battlefield got bigger

AbyssalStalker
06-05-2015, 02:22 PM
I started playing HOMM with the third one unfortunately, but I did read that HOMM II was the first to offer upgrades to units (which has been adopted in every game since.) Apparently Titans were 5k gold to upgrade. Crazy!

Woopertooper
06-05-2015, 03:18 PM
Hmm...
2 has 5 unit slots while the later games have 6
2 is the only game with a unit which can be upgraded twice (Green > Red > Black Dragon)
2's towns can be upgraded into castles, moats can be built separately and turrets can be built for an extra ranged attack each turn. 3 onwards has the upgradable town hall and fort, the forts upgrades including moats and turrets as well as increasing unit growth.
2's factions were either might or magic based while 3 onwards has might and magic based heroes

I'm not 100% sure on what the difference in statistics was but fairly sure 2 had the number of units x damage = damage dealt and if the attacking unit had higher attack than the defending units defence you'd get a bonus

That's all I can think of so far...