PDA

View Full Version : Will Syndicate's customisation options be similar to Unity's?

AherasSTRG
06-04-2015, 04:59 PM
So, it's been a while since I last posted in these forums - practically since Ubisoft robbed me of my hard earned cash last November. But, I now need the help of the community to answer the question a friend had about Syndicate:

Will Unity's costumisation system return in Syndicate? Will we have control over the individual parts of our character's appearence? And how much will those customisation options affect the gameplay (if they do at all)?

BananaBlighter
06-04-2015, 06:00 PM
I really hope they don't take it out because of the lack of multiplayer. That was one of the best features of Unity and its these features I loved that allow me to see past the story and framerate.

strigoi1958
06-04-2015, 06:14 PM
Always good to see you here Aheradrim :D

That is a very good question... to be honest I just assumed that we would be able to interchange clothing and colours but now you made me wonder... it made co-op in Unity easier to distinguish other players wearing similar outfits by the colours... but without multiplayer... it might not be necessary but it was really cool. I hope it stays for all future games. It makes my desktop backgrounds much more personal.

Altair1789
06-04-2015, 08:52 PM
Personally, I don't think it will return, and I'm not that sad to see it go :nonchalance: I doubt Ubi would go so in depth as to let us make outfits out of gear pieces so we can override the look of one piece of armor and use the look of another, so I'd rather not have customization return. It also takes out some of the Assassin's Creed feeling. I think that instead, they should just make a bunch of outfits. Stuff like more legacy outfits, maybe some outfits like the ones in ACRo (ACRo had some unique outfits), the outfit from the leaked screenshots (if it isn't already a McFarlane outfit)

ze_topazio
06-04-2015, 09:31 PM
I'm not a big fan of customization but I don't dislike it either, however I prefer that they use the time it takes to render hundreds of fashion items, in to making a great game instead.

AherasSTRG
06-04-2015, 10:14 PM
Always good to see you here Aheradrim :D

I 'm really glad that you 're still here, Strig. I hope Syndicate is going to help me shake off the bitter taste Unity has left me with, so that I can return to being a daily browser of these forums.

On the matter at hand, things seem to point that in Syndicate, we 'll return to the previous format of just changing the whole appearence of our outfit. I guess we will find out in E3 later this month.

SixKeys
06-04-2015, 10:18 PM
I'm not a big fan of customization but I don't dislike it either, however I prefer that they use the time it takes to render hundreds of fashion items, in to making a great game instead.

I'm the opposite. ;) Other people can spend hours doing missions, I can spend hours playing dress-up.

Shahkulu101
06-05-2015, 01:29 AM
I'm the opposite. ;) Other people can spend hours doing missions, I can spend hours playing dress-up.

Here, here. Loved the breadth of cosmetic options, it was what I've always wanted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh and RE OP I think I read that Unity-style customization is returning. On a post by Access the Animus if I remember correctly.