PDA

View Full Version : June Featured Builder: VegasTrash01

RetiredRonin
06-04-2015, 01:27 PM
http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-GB/game/june-ft-news_206002.jpg

Itís June already? Well, you know what that means, right? We scour the vast landscapes of Track Central in search for a builder who is constantly pushing out high quality content. This month is no different, and we settled on the previously self-identified 585th ranked Trials HD (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp0chMgRa5g) player in the world, the man who has no problem rising with the sun at 11:15am, sharp in pursuit of breaking 265th leaderboard position (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9dFxjSArnc) in Trials Evolution.

He runs a Trials Tips Hotline (we were unable to find a number) and has 55 of some of the best tracks you will find on Track Central. You know weíre talking about the Trash Man, right? VEGASTRASH01.

As is the way with the VegasTrash, he decided that simple order text wasnít enough to convey his true feelings on the situation, and he provided us with the following video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh73wTNVyB4

Name: Kynan Cooksey

Platform: PS4. I played on the Xbox 360 for almost a decade, so the decision to switch platforms wasn't an easy one. There has been a lot of controversy over my choice to support the PS4...but I had to go where the money was.

First Trials Game: I remember watching the previews for Trials HD online and it immediately caught my eye. As a formality, I downloaded the demo and fell in love with the game. I pulled the trigger on the $10 investment...and the rest is history.

What track that you have built is your favorite?
Usually my last track built, so Slippery When Wet on the PS4. It was my first lightning track, complete with rough looking birds, but a surprise swoop later in the track.

What about a track by another community member?
There are too many to name. It would be easier to name some influential builders. Evelforknspokes was a big help in opening my eye to creating interesting decor. Kid MPC, Izez Princess, Attila, Gsatchmo, Pure Evil, Ilobear... I could probably name another 7, but why give them the glory.

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-GB/game/trials/portal/june-ft-waterlog_206004.jpg

Describe your building philosophy or style?
Early on with HD, I had so much to learn and still do. For Evolution I focused on physics based tracks early on, but discovered animation along the way. This can help tracks and detract. Sometimes a tracks with 50 moving objects hurts simplicity and to me, may hurt a track. Now, I'll throw in a few animations, which makes them more significant. Creating interesting and effective decor on a track is a challenging balancing act at times. Too much and the track looks cluttered, too little and it's bare and not interesting.

Drivelines are also tricky.

Collectively, working in the Trials editor has been a very challenging and rewarding experience.

What makes a custom track really stand out for you?
Driveline has become more important than decor or animation over the years. Ultimately, a great track has both. I like creators who don't necessarily stay in their comfort zone. It's more inspiring to see a few different themes over 4 tracks, then 1 theme for 20 tracks.

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-GB/game/trials/portal/june-ft-VT2_206011.jpg

Do you have any advice for people new to custom track creation?
Careful...the editor can be addictive. Be open to positive critique and challenge yourself as a builder. Be subjective about your own creations. Enjoy the creative process, as the result may not always yield what you hoped.

Why do you create Trials tracks?
Creation is life...that sounds deep enough. In many ways, I do look at life like that, regardless of how big or small the creation. Youíre putting a bit of yourself into the world and with the TC platform, it's great to get instant feedback on a creation and be able to reach thousands of people. Being in a creative zone is an uplifting feeling, which at points can take you over. It's a place you get lost in yourself, but sometimes it can go overboard when you spend a few hours working on small details in a track. You question your sanity and validity in your creation. And it's tough to defend spending hours in an editor that gives you no monetary gain to your girlfriend. But hey, what does she know?

What is a good way to leverage the power of the editor?
Sometimes it's good to use things in tandem for a synergistic effect. Take lightning for example. A lightning bolt looks good, but how would it react in real life. It may split a tree in half, it creates more light in the world, and may even shake the camera. A common combination of events would be to trigger the lightning, then add weather effector, change the camera exposure, along with camera shake. It's more of a process to do, but sets apart great effects, from basic ones. Izez and Hanfray set the bar high on this concept.

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-GB/game/trials/portal/june-ft-under_206005.jpg

What has been your greatest lesson learned in creating Trials tracks for the past 5 years?
It's not the amount of time you spend creating something, but the finished product. If you ask a great song writer how long it took him to write a certain hit, he'll usually say...one afternoon or a few hours.

Good/great creations usually just happen, but not every time you open the editor. Most times it's an utter disaster, but when you get in a flow of creating...it can go on seamlessly for half a day. It's similar to throwing darts at something, keep plugging away and you'll eventually hit the middle. Epic analogy.

It's also much easier to critique, than create...as with anything in life.

Special thanks to:
Anyone who has given me positive comments over the past few years. Even a quick message such as "Hey, enjoyed your last track." Actually means a lot when you put in time and effort into a track.

Kalzzone, who took the time to give me some professional feedback on some of my tracks and had some positive things to say, along with positive critique.
The guys at Redlynx. All the streams, contests, editor tips, and genuine enthusiasm for the game.

To all who have run my tracks. Without whom track creation would be a bit one dimensional.
If you read this far, congratulations on being a short attention span gamer who barreled through this long winded insight of mine into the world of track creation.

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-GB/game/trials/portal/june-ft-VT_206006.jpg
http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-GB/game/trials/portal/line-break_202859.png

Our Featured Builder will have his creations available on Xbox One, Playstation 4 and PC throughout the month of June in the Featured Feed in Trials Fusionís Track Central. 20 Trials and Supercross tracks are available, right now, for you to sink your tires into.

As is always the case, letís get some ďcongratsĒ for this monthís builder, and let us know which track is your favorite.

KALzzone8
06-04-2015, 01:57 PM
That was pretty nicely made video! Gongrats to Vegastrash for serving constantly quality tracks for us ps4 players. It's nice to see you taking advantage on the feedback given and it's totally paying of, I think your tracks are getting better with every track.

Rudemod 69
06-04-2015, 03:17 PM
Have to say you're quite a funny guy; and no, I wouldn't wrestle with you either.

Have to admit I was a little gutted when you left the Xbox scene, but now I get the chance to sample some of your builds. Well played, fella. Well deserved.

funktastic-
06-04-2015, 04:16 PM
Had to post congratulations to the trashman , this guys not only a great builder within trials fusion but he's an all round top bloke. Amongst a few other builders with constant feedback like kalzone and tips in the past this guys has gone one step further and is constantly giving me adivce or sparing his time in testing my builds and and given true honest feedback where and when needed. A massive thanks trashman and not only for helping my with my builds but just for being a decent top bloke.

Really great video , typical trashman style , not laughed so much with the impressions of karate kid. ( Wax on wax off ) lol

Great to see your tracks get some real attention and be appreciated for their quality

Well done trashman:)

aMcConghie16
06-04-2015, 04:21 PM
Congratulations trashman unfortunately I'm still on 360 but im sure your tracks are real garbage lol.

^That was a joke :D

En0-
06-04-2015, 04:27 PM
Great videos ;-) Congratulations for the featured builder award.

booped
06-04-2015, 04:46 PM
congrats always enjoyed your tracks, don't let it go to your head :D

empecee
06-04-2015, 05:30 PM
congrats well deserved m8 . thanks for the mention x edit didnt see the video flattered m8 . :)

purpleoozi
06-04-2015, 08:20 PM
Great job Vegas!

"80-hours of building and only 400 downloads?"

Aaah the joys of Vegas Trash everybody :)

Love you, your builds, and your streams buddy. Take care.

Eevan80
06-04-2015, 09:25 PM
Awesome man, congrats on being featured, was only a question of time though! :) Hilarious video, very much enjoyed it, nice gesture to include those guys too. Looking forward to play your tracks!

stooksman
06-04-2015, 11:23 PM
Ha! That video was great. Congratulations on your prestigious award Vegastrash!

attila-999
06-05-2015, 07:04 AM
Bravo vegas! I read verbatim from your answers, you're obviously a man with multiple skills and you have a lot of spirit!
Video is very successful, I did not understand, but I appreciated

beefn
06-06-2015, 01:51 PM
Congrats Vegas. I thought this would happen with all the quality builds you've been putting out. I cant believe how many tracks you've made on Fusion!

geordiedeviant
06-07-2015, 01:33 AM
I'm de-friending you for how cheesy that video was. ;)

Well deserved featured though.

RidingMower
06-12-2015, 02:41 PM
Congrats Vegas and a well deserved thank you for your hard work. Your tracks are really awesome.

Ozy Be
06-12-2015, 02:49 PM
Awesome:D

Well deserved Vegas!

Jeruhnq
06-16-2015, 01:52 AM
Very well deserved VegasTrash! ... and very nice video as always! :cool:

VEGASTRASH
06-18-2015, 08:08 AM
Thanks for the comments all. It's been a fun few years.
Too bad the unicorn had to come in and steal my thunder. And I was riding so high.

NovaDarkStorm
06-22-2015, 10:09 AM
Kudos to you Vegas, deffo a deserved spot for sure. :) More trash please, gritty themes rock!