PDA

View Full Version : New players vs. Disgraceful 50's

Tha_Tulip
06-03-2015, 04:47 PM
I admit as I began playing I was a bit of a button masher, and I even spammed from time to time, especially against opponents that clearly outclassed me. I may have even rage dashed on several occasions. As I neared closer to 50 I began to develop some modicum of skill. I am not the best at this game, but I am a solid player. Realizing the lack of skill it takes to spam, I altered my style to be less predictable and made the effort to learn some combos/dodges and a little parrying. In short, I changed the error of my ways.

It is such that I make the plea to many of you out there. Spamming can be dealt with, although lag can make that difficult, but the quitting is out of hand. If you are a chronic quitter because you can't handle a loss, just pick up your ball and go home. Losing is part of this game- I have over 1400 losses- its called earning your stripes people.
By quitting you are effecting your opponents boosts and time, it is a completely selfish act that is not without consequence. The people you are quitting on have been in the Que just as long or longer than you. Now they have to Re-que and wait some more, and by the way- maybe you just cost them their last gold boost they had activated.
Points in the Tourney are lost as well, you still get a minimum of 1 point for a loss. I continue to be bested regularly, but I often even the score on our next encounter- another fun part of the game is getting those "revenge" wins people- redemption is what it's called!
Are you quitting because you haven't the same perks like MOA?SOF/AR? You have the same opportunity as anyone else to farm those yourselves, so this leads me to believe you are quitting because YOU ARE A LAZY LANISTA!!! I HAVE NEWS FOR YOU- IF YOU HAD THOISE SAME PERKS YOU WILL STILL MOST LIKELY LOSE!
Yes, they help and can provide advantage, no doubt. But the perks don't swing your trident,hammer or sword- you still have to fight, block, dodge and parry.
Players take mental notes of notorious quitters, soon you will be unable to get matches regularly as you will be recognized as a waste of time and Dc'd before the match begins.

Unfortunately most of the quitting comes FROM LEVEL 50'S!!! Utterly pathetic and you should be ashamed, as your lower level brethren show much more honor, class and dignity. Props to you newcomers, well done. I am willing, and have on occasion reached out to people who have quit many times on me in an effort to help them see the light and done so with some success.

I write this post knowing it will have little, if any effect. People are going to be jerks and A-holes, that's just life. But if any of you reading this want to be a better player, staying in the fight is a great place to start.
Rant over...for now!

comeahead7
06-10-2015, 03:36 PM
i hear you pal ,ps3 online is free so you get all the trash using it ,half the twats in Spartacus are useless 1 2 moves at most in other words spammers ,a lot of people especially lvl 50s are quitting these nobs in protest because psn and ubisoft wont do a thing about it ,and a simple solution to the spamming is remove the ability to spam change the programme to only allow a move to be executed 2 maybe 3 times after that its ineffective forcing them to do another ,im talking mainly about dual swords and long sword they do same **** all the time ,and the lag issue is fn ridiculous they should set a minimum connection speed to fight online that way we get our full ability and no excuses ,at the moment its a mess any old connection speed is allowed don't think the laggers understand they win because they cause a delay in our movements and not because they're any good ,as you say falls on deaf ears .

Tha_Tulip
06-10-2015, 05:34 PM
Wow dude, putting all on blast today!!! Good for you, this stuff needs to be put out there. Even though it won't put an end to it, I hope people will understand eventually about the competitive nature of this game. Right now it's a whatever it take to win.. "spam somebody to death because if I don't I will lose" boo-hoo.
Look, I understand being a lower level and being outclassed/matched and resorting to it as an only way out. But the shear volume of level 50 quitters AND spammers is at critical mass. There are guys out there with over 15,000 fights still spamming and some that will rage quit on you when executing them. Are you telling me you are satisfied with spamming the F*%& out of people just to get points in the tourney? So you are spending your time doing the same thing over and over and over again to what end? Spamming your way to the 1%? Congratulations- You're a tool.

It would be great to put the handcuffs on the spammers, limiting repetitive moves. We know we will never see that, but what a game changer it would be. I would make them 'cuffs activate at level 45!!!

mickusmaximus6
06-30-2015, 12:21 PM
100% agreeance tulip this is a fantastic game and its being brought into disrepute by move spammers and players that cant accept losing is part of the game ,i personally don't think ubisoft or psn have any control over conduct online unless its verbal abuse when infact the abuse is happening within the game itself ,ive never been involved in such a frustrating situation in my life ,its like farting in the wind lol.

mickusmaximus6
06-30-2015, 12:42 PM
Spartacus legends is slowly becoming the most controversial game online

I've been playing this game since its launch, and it has improved greatly ,but it has elements that are being exploited by nasty gamers such as move spamming ,,quitting and lag switching.

all of these are creating a negative experience for true gamers and new players alike ,i have no idea how ubisoft can tackle these issues but live in hope they will, i remember someone posted that

people were using the perfectus bonus to win tournaments ,and ubisoft removed that component ,sorry but in my opinion that wasn't a problem and to a degree has lessened the game ,if ubisoft

could somehow stop the ability to continually spam a move especially the dual sword down square ,it would drastically improve everyone's experience ,and would certainly decrease offenders and

complaints and i would imagine angry participants ,.

i can only hope that ubisoft can find a way to limit the move spamming therefore creating a much more pleasant gaming experience more reliant on ability ,creating a more competitive community

and a less angry mob.

Tha_Tulip
07-14-2015, 05:52 PM
[QUOTE=mickusmaximus6;10896151]Spartacus legends is slowly becoming the most controversial game online

I've been playing this game since its launch, and it has improved greatly ,but it has elements that are being exploited by nasty gamers such as move spamming ,,quitting and lag switching.

all of these are creating a negative experience for true gamers and new players alike ,i have no idea how ubisoft can tackle these issues but live in hope they will, i remember someone posted that

people were using the perfectus bonus to win tournaments ,and ubisoft removed that component ,sorry but in my opinion that wasn't a problem and to a degree has lessened the game ,if ubisoft

could somehow stop the ability to continually spam a move especially the dual sword down square ,it would drastically improve everyone's experience ,and would certainly decrease offenders and

complaints and i would imagine angry participants ,.

i can only hope that ubisoft can find a way to limit the move spamming therefore creating a much more pleasant gaming experience more reliant on ability ,creating a more competitive community

and a less angry mob.[/QUOTE

Glad you added the lag switchers to the group. Never encountered one till the other night. Being used to dealing with lag, I fought some shmuck and lost. No big deal the match was slow
and very laggy, but then I drew him 3 more times. I noticed my load out was way more speedy but I was not landing any hits, if I did I would land 1 to his 4. The second match(and every subsequent match) I noticed that every second button command was not registering. Hmmmm, slightly suspicious that I cant work a 3 hit combo at anytime against this guy. There is no way in hell I should have lost any one of those matches, much less all of them. No sour grapes, just a fact. I can take my losses, but to incur a loss to someone's intentional manipulation of the tech is low, pathetic makes you an all time loser.
Widow- someone suggested on another thread that it my behoove you or one of your cohorts to participate in an upcoming tourney to gauge the amount of abuse that goes on. I would echo that sentiment as well. Speaking of... when IS the next tourney?