PDA

View Full Version : Would you be opposed to two Assassin's Creed games this year?

The_Kiwi_
06-03-2015, 03:27 AM
When AC3 came out, it released concurrently with AC3:L on the PS Vita, and most people thought it was neat; it was treated like a really cool companion app
But when ACU released with ACRo, most people (being the people on next gen, mostly) hated on Rogue, calling it a cash grab.. I've even seen some people express resentment of the game's existence

What I wonder is... why?
On a lore level, AC3:L and ACRo both add to the overarching narrative at the same level, especially more so than ACU, the only difference I see is the platform it was launched on
And the gender of the protagonist, of course, but if people hated on Rogue's existence instead of Liberation's because of the gender of the protagonist, that would be wildly sexist, as sexist as feminists claim Ubisoft are

So I want to conduct a survey
Simply answer the poll question that best suits your view

Namikaze_17
06-03-2015, 04:20 AM
At this point, having one game is driving everyone nuts; So the thought of two games this year would most likely just make people even more angry and bitter toward this franchise.

That outta the way, it doesn't really matter to me so why not?

Hans684
06-03-2015, 05:17 AM
When AC3 came out, it released concurrently with AC3:L on the PS Vita, and most people thought it was neat; it was treated like a really cool companion app

Didn't know most people viewed it like that.

But when ACU released with ACRo, most people (being the people on next gen, mostly) hated on Rogue, calling it a cash grab..

That's funny because it turned out Unity is the filler, I myself had higher expectations for Rogue since it is last gen so it would have Black Flags MD. Meaning what we didn't would be a waste of time, we started a second MD purge against the Asassins.

I've even seen some people express resentment of the game's existence

Hatred blinds. Unity is the filler, so saying Rogue is simply shows a bias. Or they play for gameplay.

What I wonder is... why?
On a lore level, AC3:L and ACRo both add to the overarching narrative at the same level, especially more so than ACU, the only difference I see is the platform it was launched on

True.

And the gender of the protagonist, of course, but if people hated on Rogue's existence instead of Liberation's because of the gender of the protagonist, that would be wildly sexist, as sexist as feminists claim Ubisoft are

It's a Templar game, we killed Adéwalé and most fans is Asassin supporters. It was bound to be hated, people can't handle the Assassins being bad and this is the first Templar so it says a lot.

So I want to conduct a survey
Simply answer the poll question that best suits your view

I can't do that, there isn't a poll here. Whoever that made the new desktop exclusively for IPads/IPhones should delete it and allow me access to the old one that still exist for PC.

The_Kiwi_
06-03-2015, 05:58 AM
Didn't know most people viewed it like that.

Yeah from my experience, people supported it
You could sync it with AC3, and playing it meant unlocking stuff in both games, so maybe that's why people supported it, but either way, it wasn't despised as a cash grab or what-have-you

It's a Templar game, we killed Adéwalé and most fans is Asassin supporters. It was bound to be hated, people can't handle the Assassins being bad and this is the first Templar so it says a lot.

I thought that was the best part
It was sad, but a incredibly unique experience

I can't do that, there isn't a poll here. Whoever that made the new desktop exclusively for IPads/IPhones should delete it and allow me access to the old one that still exist for PC.

Yes the mobile site is dreadful
If you're on Chrome, select "request desktop site", that should bring the poll back

SixKeys
06-03-2015, 06:19 AM
As Unity showed, they can barely handle one functioning game per year, let alone two. :rolleyes:

And franchise fatigue has really turned off many of even the most fervent fans, not to mention the wider public who sees AC and CoD on the same level when it comes to innovation. I expected Rogue to be nothing more than a recycled cash-grab and that's exactly what it was. Unity had fun gameplay, but a whole lot of other problems that prevented it from becoming a classic. I wish I had more hope for Syndicate at this point, but the previews haven't exactly made me hopeful.

Sorrosyss
06-03-2015, 11:21 AM
Well, we are getting all the Chronicles games this year - so that'll be four. :p (I know you meant full games, only teasing)

As you say, they proved they could do it last year. Personally I would love to see it. The issue remains the quality. Ubisoft has nine studios or so, so I would imagine if they correctly resource for two games, they could do it. But that's a lot of assumptions.

If you add together the base content of Unity and Rogue, in terms of play time they felt to me about the equivalent, together, as one of the old yearly titles. A lot of gameplay time was hidden behind a ridiculous amount of collectibles which many have lamented.

Anyway, if they did go down the dual game route again, I'd love to see them do a dedicated Templar game as one of them. Perhaps have the two stories cross over at points - a bit like they did with the end of Rogue going into Unity's beginning.

Ubisoft can do two games a year. It's down to them to properly plan, test, and release them in the quality we expect, and not corner cutting like what happened in 2014. I guess a lot revolves around how sales bounce back (or not) with Syndicate that will determine what comes next.

ze_topazio
06-03-2015, 01:48 PM
A short little dlc like Freedom Cry would be nice to satiate the hunger of us past gen only peasants.

I-Like-Pie45
06-03-2015, 02:35 PM
Meow am would be.

Hans684
06-03-2015, 03:32 PM
Yeah from my experience, people supported it

And they should, it's worth more than Unity. Unity is a filler pretending not be but admits it in the end. Bishop said we didn't need to relive Arno's life, so it's nothing but a cash grab and we wasted out time for nothing.

You could sync it with AC3, and playing it meant unlocking stuff in both games, so maybe that's why people supported it, but either way, it wasn't despised as a cash grab or what-have-you

Support is good enough, reasons don't matter much.

I thought that was the best part
It was sad, but a incredibly unique experience

Indeed, didn't want it kill him but he was blinded by his own creed and supported Achilles in his hunt for another Temple.
That's a good thing about Rogue, it acts as AC is a series and connects the games, comics and Initiates with each other. Creating a a bigger picture and world.

Yes the mobile site is dreadful
If you're on Chrome, select "request desktop site", that should bring the poll back

And I'm back.

Megas_Doux
06-03-2015, 05:49 PM
I'm against one game this year..........

BananaBlighter
06-03-2015, 08:02 PM
If it affects the quality of AC Syndicate, then NO WAY!!! If not, then OK unless it's a full game that ends up being really bad because Ubi were concentrating on ACS and could have been amazing if released next year.

Matknapers18
06-03-2015, 09:01 PM

Agreed.

Ubisoft just need to slow down imo. Give us a break. I personally would have been content with no AC games this year. And then we can get a polished instalment in 2016.

I-Like-Pie45
06-03-2015, 09:04 PM
That's a terrible idea.

Altair1789
06-03-2015, 09:29 PM
Agreed.

Ubisoft just need to slow down imo. Give us a break. I personally would have been content with no AC games this year. And then we can get a polished instalment in 2016.

I don't think saying "take 2 years in between each game" would do much other than start redeeming the series little by little. What they need is the devs to have the ability to make their own deadlines. AC3 could've been great had Alex Hutchinson been allowed to make his own deadline. Probably would've been only a year or two after it's actual release. Also keeping the same creative directors would be a decent idea

I'd like to see something like topazio said. A Freedom Cry-like DLC. It could take place in the Jazz Age :rolleyes: Or it could be the damn helix menu in ACU that should've been part of the game

strigoi1958
06-03-2015, 09:41 PM
As Altair1789 has said... Deadlines set by commercial pressure is not good for quality. sometimes games need to be set back a while and although that is "painful" for me to accept... I think Unity was edited down to meet the bundled christmas launch for XB1 and PS4.

Unfortunately, Unity is spectacular but it suffered lots of negativity when it really should have got awards and a better story line or ending.

Personally I'd like 2 AC games each year or space Farcry releases 6 months apart from AC games... it's tough jumping form Unity to FC4 then back... alternating through the days ;)

Providing 2 separate Ubi headquarters are not working on the same game I see no problem .... especially if only 1 has a deadline and the other is released when the devs are happy with it.

EmptyCrustacean
06-03-2015, 10:51 PM
No, because inevitably one will be filler - see Rogue and Liberation. Ubisoft will not waste all their resources on an extra game we don't really need.

Matknapers18
06-03-2015, 11:43 PM
I don't think saying "take 2 years in between each game" would do much other than start redeeming the series little by little. What they need is the devs to have the ability to make their own deadlines.

Well yes, I agree. My comment was more or less related to franchise fatigue as oppose to actual product quality, so my mistake for not elaborating upon that. It was less to do with '"This game needs another year to be up to standards" but more to do with "There is only so much assassin's creed I can deal with and actually enjoy". I don't know if anyone feels the same way, but thats my current state of mind. Its just getting relatively boring for me, which only forces more pressure on Ubi to introduce more radical changes. Well, that is assuming, I'm not alone in this state of mind :P

I think I would personally be ok with one major story DLC rather than two games in one year. Like TOKW or Freedom Cry. For some reason, Dead Kings felt incredibly short to me. And there was no incentive to actually explore Franciade, by the point of release, most people have already finished the main game and collected the top gear. Side missions don't add anything to Arno as a character and getting an Iron mask didn't really appeal to me. So i just completed the main missions which took like 3-4 hours and then it was done. Whereas, with TOKW and Freedom Cry, I was essentially starting from scratch. I didnt start the DLC with all skills, the best gear and at max level. I don't know. Just give us Jazz age I guess.

ze_topazio
06-04-2015, 12:24 AM
Jazz Age you say? sure, why not?!

http://images.rapgenius.com/3eg3pfl9er8bu69lv3aanxn5c.320x240x71.gif

The_Kiwi_
06-04-2015, 12:38 AM
Now I'm interested in seeing whether or not people who want two games, want two games so they can at least play one on their prev-gen consoles

Namikaze_17
06-04-2015, 01:57 AM
BRING US THE JAZZ AGE!!!!

#JazzMovement2015

ze_topazio
06-04-2015, 02:23 AM
I PROTEST TO UBI, UBI BE CHANGE, GIVE US THE JAZZ AGE AND THE JAZZ AGE GUY, also explain what exactly the other ones are supposed to be.

Hans684
06-04-2015, 05:03 AM
No, because inevitably one will be filler - see Unity. Ubisoft will not waste all their resources on an extra game we don't really need.

Fixed.