PDA

View Full Version : Jacob Frye

AngelDiMaria08
06-02-2015, 06:46 PM
I really don't have high hopes for him, as I think his motives will be control of London similar to power glory and wealth motives of Edward no noble intentions but personal ones.
Unlike Altair's search for Truth or Ezio's revenge or Shay for the rescuing of citizens and preventing another disaster of Lisbon or Connor's liberty of his people and nation or Arno's redemption.

Wish I'm not Correct.

D.I.D.
06-02-2015, 06:59 PM
Perhaps the gangs and territories aspect isn't that large in the game. Maybe it's only an echo of Borgia Towers, and the game will have larger scope. We won't have to wait long to find out a lot more about the game, and I'd be very surprised if it was really centred around gangs and brawling.

AngelDiMaria08
06-02-2015, 07:07 PM
Perhaps the gangs and territories aspect isn't that large in the game. Maybe it's only an echo of Borgia Towers, and the game will have larger scope. We won't have to wait long to find out a lot more about the game, and I'd be very surprised if it was really centred around gangs and brawling.

Wish you are true because if it is only about gangs and their battles for control I will be very disappointed. From the trailer their is perhaps another motive which maybe the struggle against the owner of the factory for rights of the workers but I doubt it

king-hailz
06-02-2015, 07:19 PM
Well I guess it could be that him and his sister have to try and forward their fathers legacy in a new town... which is what I think it is... so its not that bad... We will see I guess.

Namikaze_17
06-02-2015, 07:27 PM
I really don't have high hopes for him, as I think his motives will be control of London similar to power glory and wealth motives of Edward no noble intentions but personal ones.

Edward, though selfish at some points to get wealthy, intentions were noble as he wanted to set up a good life for his wife and himself.

And personal? Not the first time it's happened. But you can excuse Ezio, Connor, and Arno I guess...

As for Jacob, you're basing this on one cutscene? and his goal is to control London for the Assassins, not himself.

That said, I don't know why everyone is making such a big deal outta this. We have seen so little that it's too soon to even tell how it will play out as I personally doubt it's just gonna solely center around "gangs and brawling" which is taboo to this franchise apparently.

AngelDiMaria08
06-02-2015, 07:41 PM
Edward, though selfish at some points to get wealthy, intentions were however noble as he wanted to set up a good life for his wife and himself.

And personal? Not the first time it's happened. But you can excuse Ezio, Connor, or Arno I guess...

As for Jacob, your basing this on one cutscene? and his goal is to control London for the Assassins, not himself.

That said, I don't know why everyone is making such a big deal outta this. We have seen so little that it's too soon to even tell how it will play out as I personally doubt it's just gonna solely center around "gangs and brawling" that's taboo to this franchise apparently.

You have a point there, for his wife too I didn't think about that. There is a difference when my motives are personal for my own gains and that my personal motives are driven from my concious. Like I said Edward just wanted money for himself (and his wife perhaps) ie personal gain, although Ezio, Arno and Connor's motives may be personal but will not give them personal gain like money or power or fame etc.
As for controlling London for the Assassins not himself I think that if he is the head of the assassins and the assassins control London then he himself is in control of London.

Well yes in every protagonist story there is a personal motive maybe excluding Shay which was really to save humanity in my opinion

Kaschra
06-02-2015, 08:22 PM
Ezio's revenge

So... revenge is a noble and not personal goal now? :rolleyes:

Namikaze_17
06-02-2015, 08:36 PM
There is a difference when my motives are personal for my own gains and that my personal motives are driven from my concious.

Which once again are none of our Assassins except Edward. They each had personal reasons and gains to join the Assassins, not by conscious.

Ezio - Get revenge
Connor- Protect/Save his village
Arno - Redemption/Protect Elise

AltaÔr was born from the gecko, so no personal mumbo jumbo for him; But even he arrogantly believed himself above the Creed at first.

Edward joined because the Assassin's Creed resonated with his life and struggles. It gave him another chance to fix his life and right his wrongs.

Like I said Edward just wanted money for himself (and his wife perhaps) ie personal gain, although Ezio, Arno and Connor's motives may be personal but will not give them personal gain like money or power or fame etc.

That's beside the point. Personal is Personal.

If you give Edward flak for his, the others deserve it as well.

As for controlling London for the Assassins not himself I think that if he is the head of the assassins and the assassins control London then he himself is in control of London.

It's too early to tell if they'll go that route or not. From what we've seen, Jacob nor Evie seem to be head of anything. Hell, Henry seems more leader-ish than both of them and he's obviously against Jacob's plan so maybe a dispute happens between them?

Hans684
06-02-2015, 08:57 PM
Edward, though selfish at some points to get wealthy, intentions were noble as he wanted to set up a good life for his wife and himself.

Like Thomas Hickey but far more extreme.

And personal? Not the first time it's happened. But you can excuse Ezio, Connor, and Arno I guess...

Ezio's revenge is personal and so is Arno's redemption. Connor is excused.

As for Jacob, your basing this on one cutscene? and his goal is to control London for the Assassins, not himself.

His goal to take over Templar paid gangs that follow whoever that pays them. But we don't have a proper picture of his motive.

He care less about the creed than Evie and is reckless, rebellious, and in on it for the trill. We don't know much of his motive(other than trill), just what I just said. What I just said I the words used by Ubisoft to describe him.

Unlike Altair's search for Truth

Later in life, yes. During AC1, no. He pit himself over the creed and broke every tenant and that caused him to become a novice once more. His motive is redemption.

Ezio's revenge

That's a personal motive.

Shay for the rescuing of citizens and preventing another disaster of Lisbon.

Shay's motive is saving the world.

Connor's liberty of his people and nation

Just say freedom, it's easier.

Namikaze_17
06-02-2015, 09:18 PM
Like Thomas Hickey but far more extreme.

Fair point.

Connor is excused.

Still personal in a way.

It's not like he went to train under Achilles just because, he had his primary motive.

His goal to take over Templar paid gangs that follow whoever that pays them. But we don't have a proper picture of his motive.

I suppose you're right.

Best to see how it plays out first.

strigoi1958
06-02-2015, 09:53 PM
I'll admit it... I'm weak, I search the internet for anything about Syndicate and as yet I haven't found anything conclusive about Jacob or Evie other than they want control of the gangs in the city to help fight the templars much against the wishes of Henry Green (who is he ?) But it does not say what is behind this... I hope King-Hailz is right :D I like the family connection.

Shahkulu101
06-02-2015, 10:15 PM
Unlike Altair's search for Truth or Ezio's revenge or Shay for the rescuing of citizens and preventing another disaster of Lisbon or Connor's liberty of his people and nation or Arno's redemption.

Wish I'm not Correct.

Well you're wrong because it's been explained to us that he's taking control of London from the bottom up - with the use of gangs - to aid the Brotherhood. London is overrun by Templar's, Jacob's helping the Assassin's take over and he and his sister are born into the Brotherhood. Jacob is very much an Assassin, even though I see nothing wrong with characters like Edward. I mean despite his simple motives he's the most complex character we've had in my opinion - the fact he naturally came to understand the Assassin philosophy over the course of the game instead of being sworn in by family or joining for revenge reasons makes him the truest Assassin in the series.

Hans684
06-02-2015, 10:17 PM
Still personal in a way.

The only personal thing about it was that he wanted to protect his people(something he failed at). That is something he would do even if he wasn't an Assassin(as shown by Juno's visions) and the result would still be bad. It would just hit much faster and harder, so being an Assassin "softened" his tribes teribble fate. His goal however changed from saving his people to the freedom of a nation.

It's not like he went to train under Achilles just because, he had his primary motive.

I know. His two motives are his people and because Juno told him.

I suppose you're right.
Best to see how it plays out first.

Just saying what the demo did and what Ubi themselves have said.
Yolahem is the writer so I don't expect an ambitious story. That's how it's going to play out.

joelsantos24
06-02-2015, 10:56 PM

Wish I'm not Correct.
I think it's way too soon for us to define what kind of game Syndicate will be, or what sort of character Jacob will turn out to be. The trailer merely demonstrated one of the dynamics that define the game, much like the Borgia's control of Rome was in Brotherhood. But I don't believe it will dominate or control the entire game/story. It's a factor in a complex equation, so to speak.