PDA

View Full Version : Ezio Vs Arno

AngelDiMaria08
06-02-2015, 02:32 PM
I think that the popularity of Arno is due to hm being a womanizer whilst Arno is not, althought this should be a plus for Arno not Ezio, since when a loyal lover is worse than a cazanova.

Another thing if you take the motive of each becoming an assassin Arno was for redemption of De La Serre's death and never for revenge for his father but Ezio's motive was revenge for his father and brothers. Although giving the evidence of the innocence of his father to a person who is responsible for killing his father unknowing that this step will lead to the death of his father, is the same as Arno's not delivering the warning letter of the plot against De La Serre to him on time not knowing its content. Then we see Arno blaming himself for the death of DeLaSerre wanting redemption but Ezio not blaming himself for the death of his father so seeking revenge not redemption.

This is why is see Arno is underrated whilst Ezio is overrated although he is my 3rd best game protagonist after Shay then Arno.

Hans684
06-02-2015, 03:26 PM
Arno is better than Arno.

THE_JOKE_KING33
06-02-2015, 03:46 PM
I don't care the slightest about his womanizing aspects but Ezio, at least to me, had charisma. He made me want to follow/play as him. Arno didn't have that at all, not once did I think "Arno's pretty cool." all I could think was "Why aren't I playing as Elise?"

Just my opinion that I'm sure many will disagree with though. :rolleyes:

D.I.D.
06-02-2015, 04:02 PM
I don't think it's a bad thing to have sex with lots of people. The only thing that could make that bad would be if you'd made a commitment to someone that you were to be exclusive to him/her and then you broke that commitment.

I think it's splitting hairs to mark Arno's motivations as being redemption rather than revenge. You could just as easily argue the same for Ezio after a point. Ezio and Arno come from very similar templates, and there's no getting away from that. There's a massive range of potential character types that we simply never see in AC. It would be very easy to have a character who is nothing like any of those who have gone before. So, when we get characters who are so close that you actually have to argue their differences, that in itself is a display of how much needs to be done to create variety in future protagonists.

king-hailz
06-02-2015, 07:29 PM
Arno was boring... and the letter is not the same case at all! Arno left the letter for his father and his father didn't see it by chance... Ezio gave the letter to someone he trusted and instead that person used it against him and killed his entire family, and guards following their order raped his mother. He was feeling anger like a normal teenager and wanted revenge on the people that did that! That is so understandable... I think Arno is stupid for thinking he is the reason his father died... I mean he needs to get over himself and look clearly and see that he had no fault in it...

At the end of the day, Arno's life is a poor retelling of Ezio's.

Namikaze_17
06-02-2015, 07:40 PM
Revelations Ezio = Dead Kings Arno > Arno > AC2/ACB Ezio

Altair1789
06-02-2015, 08:00 PM
Arno is better than Arno.

All Arno

Hans684
06-02-2015, 08:38 PM
Revelations Ezio = Dead Kings Arno > Arno > AC2/ACB Ezio

This

All Arno

I'm talking about the river in Firenze.

Shahkulu101
06-02-2015, 10:19 PM
Arzio

joelsantos24
06-02-2015, 10:47 PM
Ezio was an italian, I think it pretty much explains his whole mindset and views/principles. I have a problem pinpointing what kind of person Arno is. Being born into a much refined and sophisticated society, explains a lot about him, but they're very much different. Ezio was the typical one-man-army kind of character, Arno never was. As for the different presentations of Ezio, Brotherhood's was the best, I feel. He was at the peak of his strength and abilities, so the one-man-army kind of thing showed more prominently. I really don't believe Arno was that much different between Unity and Dead Kings.