PDA

View Full Version : Gang warfare, weapons, human shield details emerge

SOLIDSOUTHCENTRA
06-02-2015, 02:17 AM
http://www.designntrend.com/articles/52768/20150530/assassins-creed-syndicate-combat-gameplay-gangs-voice-actors-ubisoft-2015-game.htm

I think AC Syndicate is going to be good, I just hope it is a long game I am talkin like 25 sequences NO FILLER.

THE_JOKE_KING33
06-02-2015, 02:22 AM
Thank god human shields are back, though one can only guess why it was taken out in the first place.

phoenix-force411
06-02-2015, 02:49 AM
We all know that 12 sequences actually means nothing now ever since ACIII. ACIII wouldn't have been so bad with its sequences if Connor actually had all 12 to himself.

pacmanate
06-02-2015, 01:14 PM
We all know that 12 sequences actually means nothing now ever since ACIII. ACIII wouldn't have been so bad with its sequences if Connor actually had all 12 to himself.

Dont forget Unity. Some sequences had 3 missions.

bitebug2003
06-02-2015, 01:59 PM
Story sequences are getting considerably shorter and so are the amount of sequences too

Compare the amount of sequences in AC2 with those in AC III and later instalments

(There were more side quests than story in AC Unity)

Altair1789
06-02-2015, 08:23 PM
Story sequences are getting considerably shorter and so are the amount of sequences too

Compare the amount of sequences in AC2 with those in AC III and later instalments

I sure as hell hope they don't put 2-4 missions a sequence again

Good thing human shields are back though

Shahkulu101
06-02-2015, 10:21 PM
Thank god human shields are back, though one can only guess why it was taken out in the first place.

Because maybe you shouldn't be able to deflect bullets by pressing one button near ANY enemy archetype because that's OP as hell and makes AC feel like a kids LEGO game?

Farlander1991
06-02-2015, 11:08 PM
Sequence numbers mean nothing. I can't find the original post with calculations (well, I can if I search longer for it, but a bit lazy :p ), but, AC2 with its 70/90 missions (depending on if you have DLC or not) is 5-6 hours of clear time (i.e. normal main mission walkthrough with nothing inbetween). AC4 which has less sequences and around 43 missions is around 8 hours of clean main mission walkthough, and ACU which has a very small mission amount in comparison to all games is also about 6 hours - same size as AC2.

PS. AC2 could really use some trimming, its got too much filler in its main sequences in the second half.

PSS. 2-4 missions per sequence isn't necessarily bad. AC4 does that and it's got one incredibly well-paced and well-crafted story (IMO the best in the series so far in terms of overall quality). So don't think in mission numbers and sequence numbers. Think in how characters are handled, how arcs are handled, how the time between missions is handled (which, btw, is a bit of AC4's downfall - its story is much better in a linear succession than it is if you let the open world activities fill the space between missions as there's barely anything in the open world that still keeps focus on the characters from the main story), the overall experience the game provide (something's that games like AC4 and ACB are good at).

THE_JOKE_KING33
06-02-2015, 11:58 PM
Because maybe you shouldn't be able to deflect bullets by pressing one button near ANY enemy archetype because that's OP as hell and makes AC feel like a kids LEGO game?

Well you aren't deflecting the bullets, you're blocking them. ;)

Shahkulu101
06-03-2015, 12:17 AM
Well you aren't deflecting the bullets, you're blocking them. ;)

Same principle... :rolleyes:

I wouldn't mind a human shield feature, if it wasn't as automated as in AC3/4. I hope that in Syndicate it has been reformed somewhat, I mean there's no point in the enemies even having guns if its so easy to avoid being shot.

THE_JOKE_KING33
06-03-2015, 12:33 AM
Same principle... :rolleyes:

I wouldn't mind a human shield feature, if it wasn't as automated as in AC3/4. I hope that in Syndicate it has been reformed somewhat, I mean there's no point in the enemies even having guns if its so easy to avoid being shot.

Fair enough, I do agree that there should be certain enemies that can't be used as a shield (if they're still using the same "archetypes" as the previous games then officers should be immune to this).

I-Like-Pie45
06-03-2015, 02:56 AM

Sequence Mission Numbering am not really important in game length because Most of AC2 mission am just one-objective and real quickee to completing while AC3/AC4 missions am mostly have multiple mission objective in mission so one average one AC3 or AC4 mission am taking longer than an average AC2 mission to completing

EmptyCrustacean
06-05-2015, 02:08 PM
Agree. They need to adopt an Arkham City/Shadow of Mordor style where enemies can actually stop you from grabbing enemies. As I've said many times, the key to making combat challenging is not by stripping features away; it's by making the feature harder to implement in the game play because of smart AI/NPCS.

Sushiglutton
06-05-2015, 02:54 PM
Speaking of combat, saw this E3 tease for Kingdom Come, pretty interesting stuff...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3olR82Ajpjo

bitebug2003
06-05-2015, 03:16 PM
We saw a glimpse of a horsecart chase in AC Syndicate - but will it top this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiGL5p5gkZI

We need MORE of these intense sequences

SixKeys
06-05-2015, 03:51 PM
We saw a glimpse of a horsecart chase in AC Syndicate - but will it top this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiGL5p5gkZI

We need MORE of these intense sequences

Ugh, that Revelations BS is exactly why I'm not looking forward to carriages in Syndicate. At least in ACR the vehicles were on rails, all you had to do was press left or right, but I'm worried the driving in ACS will be as terrible as in Watch Dogs.

I-Like-Pie45
06-05-2015, 04:03 PM
no driving in video games can possibly be as terrible as the pc port of saints row 2

bitebug2003
06-05-2015, 04:10 PM
Ugh, that Revelations BS is exactly why I'm not looking forward to carriages in Syndicate. At least in ACR the vehicles were on rails, all you had to do was press left or right, but I'm worried the driving in ACS will be as terrible as in Watch Dogs.

Ah yeah the driving was horrendous in Watch Dogs :S

I did enjoy the cart sequences though