PDA

View Full Version : How does IL2(FB) do commercially?

pettera
02-04-2004, 07:57 AM
We all know it is a wonderful game and great value for money. But to Maddox and UBI get the value they deserve?

Have anybody seen any sales number comparison between IL2 (FB), CFSx, Lock on, MSFS 2003, Red Baron, Secret Weapons over Normandy, ...

Comparing these numbers to other simulation games or FPS games could also be interesting.

It would be fun to see a comparison. I have this feeling IL2 is not on top.

Is there a comparison somewhere like the music charts you find everywhere?

Petter

pettera
02-04-2004, 07:57 AM
We all know it is a wonderful game and great value for money. But to Maddox and UBI get the value they deserve?

Have anybody seen any sales number comparison between IL2 (FB), CFSx, Lock on, MSFS 2003, Red Baron, Secret Weapons over Normandy, ...

Comparing these numbers to other simulation games or FPS games could also be interesting.

It would be fun to see a comparison. I have this feeling IL2 is not on top.

Is there a comparison somewhere like the music charts you find everywhere?

Petter

SpinSpinSugar
02-04-2004, 08:21 AM
No idea - if Ubi is a PLC they probably have to publish this sort of info in an annual report though? Or perhaps that's just financial without a breakdown by product.

Would be interested to know, certainly, although be sure pitting sales figues against established players like the Microsoft range would probably make depressing reading.

I expect there to be a considerable boost to North American sales with the Ace Expansion Pack, given that (I'm guessing) the majority of FB players are not part of this community and hence would have no idea there's now a Mustang in it. I'm presuming there'll be a bundle edition with FB - is that the "Gold Edition" people keep mentioning? I bet that will shift a few copies.

Cheers, SSS

HansKnappstick
02-04-2004, 08:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SpinSpinSugar:
No idea - if Ubi is a PLC they probably have to publish this sort of info in an annual report though? Or perhaps that's just financial without a breakdown by product.

Cheers, SSS<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes this is is total sales usually. Unfortunately ;o)

Old_Canuck
02-04-2004, 12:06 PM
Consider this possibility. If the release of CFS3 with its huge marketing campaign was timed to grab market share away from the release of IL2 FB then it has served its purpose even though many users find CFS3 unusable. In this scenario, sales figures don't tell you the bottom line because the bottom line is to undermine the competition.

OC

"You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."

FbusterMk3
02-04-2004, 12:29 PM
In a reply recently Oleg mentioned 100,000 units sold worldwide, at about $25 a unit thats about 2.5 million dollars..... enough to buy the baby a new coat.

VW-IceFire
02-04-2004, 01:08 PM
I'd say thats a pretty good number and it seems that it will be selling again with the expansion pack (the Gold Pack) so thats pretty good. Thats actually QUITE good for a sim game in these times.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/temp_sig1.jpg
The New IL2 Database is Coming Soon!