PDA

View Full Version : An Analysis of Unity's Modern Day - Assassin Intel (Spoilers)

Sorrosyss
05-31-2015, 03:17 PM
So, I finally got around to doing all of the Helix Rifts in Unity, and had a proper look at all of the Assassin Intel text that you unlock. There are some interesting tidbits in there on the Modern Day that I thought I would share and comment on, as I imagine a lot of people will have missed or not bothered with these. (Note, should you wish to unlock these yourself, you need only rescue the assassin a few times on each rift.)

Rather than posting the whole lot, I will just cite the sections I'm commenting on. Hopefully it is of interest to fellow Modern Day, and First Civilisation lore fans. :)

Database: 03. "Helix" Marketing Strategy Memo

Do not dignify any rumors about the disappearance of past Abstergo Employees with any kind of response. These rumors are scurrilous attempts to tarnish our company's reputation and should be brushed off with a simple "We don't respond to false accusations and crack-pot theories.

Obviously Desmond eliminated a fair few employees in AC3, and I strongly suspect that the Assassins have killed many others over the years - but I suspect this is a reference to Olivier Garneau, the previous Chief Creative Officer of Abstergo. He was seen in the media fronting Abstergo Entertainment, prior to his disappearance in 2013. In Ubisoft's Watch Dogs, the protagonist Aiden Pierce actually chases him down and knocks him unconscious. I'm assuming the Assassins then collected him for questioning, and likely executed him afterward. Certain Ubisoft employees have stated that this was an easter egg only, but the two IP's seem too interconnected for it to be a coincidence. (Plus you have all the CTos and Blume references in Abstergo's computers in Black Flag.)

DO NOT CONFIRM co-operative virtual experiences. You MAY say "This is technology we have definitely considered, and are looking into it as we speak." We will be unveiling this feature at a later date.

Most likely a reference to Unity's co-op missions, but perhaps a gentle nod at future AC titles having a co-op storyline.

Database: 04. Character Witness Testimonial

The second occasion was not so much a meeting as it was a sighting. It was on a Saturday in Montreal, at some point in the late Summer. I was walking down Parx towards Sherbrooke when I decided to stop by my fabourite café for a drink. While waiting for my coffee, I happened to notice John was there too, sitting by himself in a far corner of the establishment, hunched over a small laptop and staring at the screen intently. His face was very flushed as streams of tears ran down his face. He looked distraught, as if a close relation had died and he had just heard the news.

As I waited, watching him intermitently, I realized that he was talking to someone, most likely via video or voice chat. This was not so unusual, of course; yet the manner of his speech was very odd. His conversation, from the little I could make out, seemed to be filled with joy and happiness even as his expression was one of a man being tortured to the limits of endurance.

This is Melanie Lemay talking about an observation of John Standish, the IT sage from Black Flag. He apparently appears to be communicating with Juno through the laptop.

Database: 05: Phoenix Project Report

While the general public remains content to generate amusing tornadoes of sound and fury over the basic facts of evolution, we have made such incredible progress in our study of the precursor Hominid species that it renders these minor squabbles utterly irrelevant. Our advances, archieved through decades of diligent research and ingenious experimentation by Abstergo's best and brightest, have finally led us to a full understanding of the teleological origin of our species. We are now prepare to embark on our THIRD major phase or research into our progenitor creators, Homo Sapien Divinus (H.S.D. hereafter).

Nice new scientifc name for the First Civilisation - Homo Sapien Divinus.

The first stages of Abstergo's study of H.S.D. began with nominal efficiency in the 1950s following Rosalind Franklin's pioneering but censored discovery of Triple Helix DNA. Our scientists achieved further success in the late 60s with the discovery of the fossilized remains of four H.S.D. specimens near the base of Mount Kilimanjaro. Evidence of this precursor race had already been the subject of speculation and rumor for many centuries before, but with modern scientific techniques we were able to confirm their existence beyond any doubts.

Kilimanjaro was seen in The Truth video, famously in the background to Eden itself - presumably in Tanzania too. Interesting that they have recovered four specimens, but more on that later.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131029230726/assassinscreed/images/e/e3/Eden_1_v.png

Phase three has now been in full operation since 2004, guided by the explicit mandate to sequence an entire precursor genome by the year 2018. So far we feel we are in good position to meet that goal. In parallel with this project, an adjunct team has been tasked with the job of acquiring as many distinct samples as possible and extracting whatever useful genetic memories we can obtain. Their work, tangentially related to the sequencing project, will be invaluable in the long term as a source of advanced scientific and historical knowledge.

We know that Abstergo is still seeking Sages, but this suggests if they find more samples they may be able to sequence the First Civilisation genome prior to 2018. The obvious follow on from this is creating a synthetic body for Juno, presumably with the influence of the Instruments of the First Will.

However, in recent months, we have discovered the existence of two potentially fruitful sources of intact H.S.D. DNA. One source has been confirmed recently: a recurring, though extremely rare breed of human male archetype born with enough Triple Helix DNA to account for 5% to 6% of his total genome. Colloquially called Sages by previous generation, these specimens - if captured alive, or with enough genetic material intact - would enrich our search for precursor DNA samples immeasurably. The second source is classified pending confirmation, but early results are promising.

What is this second source? Perhaps a stretch, but as they stated that they had recovered bodies near Kilimanjaro - could they in fact have the bodies of Adam and/or Eve? We know they were hybrids after all. Thinking further afield this may help explain how and why we are able to experience memories of both Evie and Jacob in Syndicate, if Eve's sample has been added to the Helix database.

Database: 06. Archived Conversation, 27 Feb 2014

M. LEMAY
And you're sure about the dates?

A. GRAMÁTICA
As near as we can be. We're confident those images were taken a century or two after the Toba catastrophe.

M. LEMAY
I've never seen such strange architecture.

A. GRAMÁTICA
Few people have.

Just another confirmation that the First Civilisation was not entirely eliminated by the Toba catastrophe. Their full fall came later.

Database: 08. Public Relations Primer

We settled on the name PHOENIX PROJECT as our code name for the H.S.D. genome sequencing endeavor. In light of this, our disinformation campaign to obscure the true facts of this endeavor will be known as "PHOENIX RISING.

For those who were wondering what those posters were around the Abstergo offices in Rogue and Black Flag. Also remember that Juno took on the form of a Phoenix in AC3 in a vision to Connor - yet another hint as to where this is all headed.

Database: 09. Potential "Sage" List

The list is in reverse chronological order, beginning in the present and receding into the past.

*John Standish. Born: 16 August 1975. Status: Subject DECEASED. Samples extracted, body preserved.

*"David Jones". Nationality: Possibly English. Born: Mid-20th century. Status: Unknown. In the 1970s and 80s a few scattered reports of a man resembling a Sage surfaced. He was said to be "otherworldly," "extraterrestrial," and "possessed by multiple personalities." So far these reports have proved inconclusive.

Fun little reference to David Bowie, whose real name is David Jones.

http://www.elmoremagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/david-bowie.jpg

Name Unknown. Nationality: Indian. Born: ~1885, India. Status: We have a lengthy series of memories that take place during the creation of the Indian National Congress in which a Sage is reported to appear. As yet, however, we have had no direct confirmation. Our search is ongoing.

Interesting that this takes place after the events of Syndicate. We have seen Henry Green, an Indian assassin, in the first gameplay video. As this is only twenty years later, it is highly possible he would still live and be a link to a potential sequel set in India.

Name Unknown. Nationality: French. Born: Early 18th century, France. Status: We currently have enough genetic material extracted from Samples 123355, 422356, and 777561 to adequately investigate this lead. Our search is about to ramp up.

Assuming this is a reference to Germain.

Name Unknown. Born: Late fourteenth century, China, Hongwu Emperor's reign. Status: Multiple references taken from three separate text sources contain descriptions of a probably Sage living in the early period of the Ming dynasty. All three sources refer to this Sage as a "Confucian scholar" and member of the Emperor's court.

This time period would be way ahead of the time of Shao Jun. Leaves the door open for a potential full game in China.

Name Unknown. Born: 6th century Byzantium, during Justinian's reign. Status: A fragmented series of memories from a Christian Bishop point to the possibility that a member of his congregation was a Sage. We are currently mining for further memories from this period.

Byzantium was of course the previous name of Constantinople, a location we saw in AC Revelations. I think it's highly unlikely that any sample would be usable from this time frame though, as Abstergo suggests.

"The Wanderer". Born: Judea. Status: Believed to have encountered Christ en route to Golgotha. All references to this Sage are anecdotal however. Awaiting further information.

Another fun reference, believed to be citing the legend of the Wandering Jew (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wandering_Jew).

Database: 10. Reconnaissance Memo

Then there's that OTHER problem... but I'm waiting for a full analysis to fully understand exactly what SHE is, and what she is capable of before going into panic mode. At the very least we know she is capable of rather grand disruptions around the world... so keep your security tight.

Clearly a reference to Juno, but underpins the apparent power and capability she now has from within the Grey.

Database: 11. Reconnaissance Report

30 May. Ten straight hours of moving rubble, and no end in sight. My preliminary diagnosis is dire. Based on the lay of the land west of our dige site - uneven, yet with a distinct declivity averaging 4 degrees for almost 100 meters - I have come to suspect that most if not all of the Observatory suffered a catastrophic collapse at some point in the 18th century. This may account for its burial, and why no further mention of it is made in our own archives past the beginning of the nineteenth century. More excavations will be necessary, but on a scale this skeleton crew is not equipped to handle. Arrangements are being made as I write.

This was also mentioned in Rogue, but it appears the Observatory has collapsed heavily underground since the time of Edward Kenway. It's possible that someone disturbed the crystal skull and brought the temple down around them. Either way, it appears it has been written out of future appearances for the time being.

Database: 12. Archived Conversation, 6 August 2014

A. GRAMÁTICA
Melanie. The rogues infiltrating Helix are using it to sequence genetic memories just as we are. Capturing and extracting them from Helix will almost certainly cause irreparable hippocampal shock, or sudden death in some cases. Are you comfortable with the idea of killing potential intruders? (Long pause.) Miss Lemay?

M. LEMAY
I'm here, sorry. (Pause) I'll do what it takes, Doctor. This is top secret material. We can't risk it falling into the hands of terrorists.

The hippocampal shock is used against the Assassins, and you see this first hand in the Helix Rifts where you have to free other Assassins who are trapped in these countermeasures.

Database: 13. Archived Conversation, 27 October 2014

A. GRAMÁTICA
Anything compromised?

M. LEMAY
Stolen media files. Some personal files and a massive database sweep. Nothing was damaged though. And no genetic memory data was taken.

A. GRAMÁTICA
Hm. If it was Erudito or some public whistle-blowers, they'd have stolen something big. Shoved it onto the black market, or made a stink with the media.

Despite supposedly being dismantled during the events of Black Flag, Erudito are mentioned both here and in Rogue - seemingly very much still in operation. We may see them again in the future.

Database: 14. Security Breach Memo

\122\145\147\151\156\141\112\165\156\157:Coercion. HumansDreamOfAFutureInTheStars.ButTheirActionsBefi tARaceOfSniffingDogs. TheyHaveNoFuture.NoHope.NoVision.ImminentSelfDestr uction. TheyYearnForOtherPlanetsButInchCloserToTheGreyEyes OnTheirFeetHandsOnTheirBelliesDreamingOfEscape. TheyWillNotSurviveOffThisEarthButLiveHiddenWithinI t.

\122\145\147\151\156\141\112\165\156\157: TheFutureIsSingularlyBeloved.InYourBosom.TheWorldR eeksOfDeathEveryhwereButInTheGrey.BetterToDropOutO fTheWorldThanRiseAboveIt.

Clearly Juno in conversation with either Aita, or members of the Instruments of the First Will. Juno seeks to ensure that all of humanity enters The Grey, by use of the Animus/Helix technology. One presumes in doing so it adds to her intelligence, and thus giving birth to the Singularity.

"The technological singularity hypothesis is that accelerating progress in technologies will cause a runaway effect wherein artificial intelligence will exceed human intellectual capacity and control, thus radically changing or even ending civilization in an event called the singularity."

\122\145\147\151\156\141\112\165\156\157: TheWorldIsTendingThis.BePatient.InDueTimeAllWillPl ugin.NoneWillLeave.NotOne.NotClayNotDesmondNot.All AreHereWithMe.AllLiveInBliss.SoMustYouDoAsWell.SoM ustYouAll.SamplesCollect.DataProvide.ToReviveMyRac e.TheHiddenTwelve.ToRemakeMyWorld.

We saw that Clay was trapped within the Abstergo servers in AC Revelations, but this seems to suggest that both he and Desmond are 'alive' within The Grey with Juno. Depending on how Ubisoft choose to use this going forwards, confronting Juno within The Grey could mean a cameo appearance by both of these two at some point in the future. They could presumably enlist the help of other Assassin's from previous games, if they exist as digital constructs within the Abstergo servers. (Ezio / Desmond team up. Rawr.)

Of more interest is the reference to the hidden twelve. She mentions samples in the same sentence, so presumably blood vials? Or perhaps some artifacts?

Database: 15. Precursor Memo

Ŕlvaro... I hope you're sitting down. This still was extracted from the Standish sample last week. The total video we have amounts to barely 2.7 seconds at 60 FPS from a total of 14 interlaced memories. But even with this obscure sample, I'm already getting butterflies in my gut. I pulled one frame from the video to show you how mangled the data is. But even at this quality some striking details emerge:

Note the guard-like figures, a full 20 inches taller on average than the humanoids nearby ... and clearly calling the shots. The architecture looks like some combination of Sumerian, Egyptian, and Babylonian... but the metals they're using are ultra-modern alloys. Elsewhere we see stranger architectural shapes. These structures have no modern precedent anywhere in the world, though the memory's geo-stamp gives us a location south west of the Hoggar Mountains.

Unfortunately, most of the geo-stamps on these images are confusing. Some point to a location in modern Jordan some 80,000 years ago, other to a few locations in Tanzania and Ethiopia. But so far, we haven't been able to nail anything down with much precision.

The image in question is below. This tallies up with what we know, that the First Civilisation was primarily based within Africa. The Hoggar Mountains are within the Sahara, and Tanzania we suspect was the location of Eden. If you look to the top right you can clearly see Camels. The image of Juno riding a camel is priceless. No flying cars here!

http://i.imgur.com/8gndA5N.jpg

Database: 16. Chat Log

V.DACOSTA: A new breach this morning. Something we've never experienced before.

M.LEMAY: Is it bad?

V.DACOSTA: Probably. Not sure yet. Someone slipped right through our firewalls with one of the most well coordinated attack we've ever seen. Seventeen seperate servers compromised simultaneously in perfect unison, each via completely separate backdoor programs.

M.LEMAY: Meaning?

V.DACOSTA: Meaning somehow a single entity was capable of launching 17 compeltely independent attacks rather than one attack on 17 targets - the equivalent of someone playing and winning 17 separate chess games in the span of a few seconds.

M.LEMAY: Assassins?

V.DACOSTA: I can't imagine how. They have good tech, but they're never so blatant and they never split their priorities. This was a massive data sniff perpetrated by a single person or small group.

V.DACOSTA: It's hard to explain. It's almost as if two parts of a single program - one on the inside and one on the outside - just... sort of "joined up" and came to life, so to speak.

M.LEMAY: Talk to me like I'm 5. What does that mean?

V.DACOSTA: It's going to sound nuts...

M.LEMAY: Try me. I'm getting used to it.

V.DACOSTA: It's almost as if some sort of rogue bot or AI program is actually "living" in the network, so to speak. Moving freely around our servers. And somehow it has found a way to slip in and out of our network without tripping our alarms. We only managed to notice this time because we were going over the packet logs one by one today.

Another demonstration of Juno's power.

Database: 17. Archived Conversation, 2 November 2014

M. LEMAY
We've learned over the past weeks that Arno was an Assassin. A particularly talented one.

A. GRAMÁTICA
Ah. A "gifted" one, you might say?

M. LEMAY
Yes. Mild precursor genes.

Another confirmation that anyone with Eagle Vision has some precursor genes, aka the Sixth Sense or 'knowledge'.

Database: 18. An intercepted transmission

UNKNOWN
Impossible... all is impossible... for too long was I locked away. So much has changed. Your human genome, warped beyond all service to me. Your hollow bodies will not do.

Despite her previous attempts, such as in Black Flag, Juno again confirms that she cannot inhabit a standard human body.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE
Yes. Yes, they put me in an Animus once. I tripped around Paris for a time. Belle Époque. And London, too. Oh, I never wanted to leave. It was all so perfect!

Perhaps a reference to Syndicate we missed.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE
What of the Assassins?

UNKNOWN
Corrupted. Short-sighted. Their purpose is fulfilled. The Assassins must die. Before they find my Others...

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE
Others, Beloved?

(An alarm sounds in the distance. Electronic.)

UNKNOWN
Go now. Quickly. Go.

Others? Instruments of the First Will? Aita sages? Blood vials? The mysterious twelve? Hmm.

Closing Comments

Some interesting bits in there. I feel it really shows how powerful Juno has become, and how much of a threat she now truly is to the Modern Day situation. I fully expect her to appear again in some fashion in Syndicate. I find the references to the "twelve" fascinating, and am really curious at to what they could be that Juno wants to find them as soon as possible.

The search for the sages appears to be drawing to a close, and if not sooner, the First Civilisation genome will be mapped by 2018 at the latest. Presumably then, we have the oppportunity to travel back to Eden, or other First Civ sites. Pretty exciting! Or we'll resurrect Juno. If the Instruments have their way.

I won't cover the videos that feature Bishop and Deacon, as they are pretty self explanatory. But to clear up a few misconceptions;

Deacon is a codename for Shaun Hastings.

Bishop is not Rebecca Crane.

Bishop specifically mentions that she has worked with Rebecca in one of her clips. It is also confirmed that she is NOT Susan Drayton of the Altair II, as some have suggested.

VestigialLlama4
05-31-2015, 09:38 PM
Rather than posting the whole lot, I will just cite the sections I'm commenting on. Hopefully it is of interest to fellow Modern Day, and First Civilisation lore fans. :)

Thanks for posting it.

Nice new scientifc name for the First Civilisation - Homo Sapien Divinus.

Homo Superior is Marvel property. In any case this classification makes no sense. Homo Sapiens are so called because they are Humans who Know (Sapiens derives from "Sapere" which means "To Know"), Adding Divinus is not good grammer.

We know that Abstergo is still seeking Sages, but this suggests if they find more samples they may be able to sequence the First Civilisation genome prior to 2018. The obvious follow on from this is creating a synthetic body for Juno, presumably with the influence of the Instruments of the First Will.

If they mention 2018 and AC takes place in the present day, then that means we have three more annual titles (until 2018) before the Juno story completes.

What is this second source? Perhaps a stretch, but as they stated that they had recovered bodies near Kilimanjaro - could they in fact have the bodies of Adam and/or Eve? We know they were hybrids after all. Thinking further afield this may help explain how and why we are able to experience memories of both Evie and Jacob in Syndicate, if Eve's sample has been added to the Helix database.

Probably.

Fun little reference to David Bowie, whose real name is David Jones.

Either David Bowie is not a pop star in AC universe or Abstergo are really really dumb.

Interesting that this takes place after the events of Syndicate. We have seen Henry Green, an Indian assassin, in the first gameplay video. As this is only twenty years later, it is highly possible he would still live and be a link to a potential sequel set in India.

Green doesn't look ''like'' a Sage at all.

Another fun reference, believed to be citing the legend of the Wandering Jew (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wandering_Jew).

Nah...Jesus is The Sage. The two Sages we see are charismatic leaders of semi-cults (Bart Roberts and Germain) who control people by use of texts and powerful oratory. That's Jesus. Or Judas for that matter.

This was also mentioned in Rogue, but it appears the Observatory has collapsed heavily underground since the time of Edward Kenway. It's possible that someone disturbed the crystal skull and brought the temple down around them. Either way, it appears it has been written out of future appearances for the time being.

Also in my headcanon...where Abstergo found Shay's body. He was dead and they sampled it off the corpse they found at the wreckage. I have a feeling Shay met Connor there and Connor destroyed the Observatory and killed him.

Some interesting bits in there. I feel it really shows how powerful Juno has become, and how much of a threat she now truly is to the Modern Day situation. I fully expect her to appear again in some fashion in Syndicate. I find the references to the "twelve" fascinating, and am really curious at to what they could be that Juno wants to find them as soon as possible.

12 Apostles...12 Angry Men. Pity they wasted it for UNITY...the Committee of Public Safety was a 12 Man group.

Bishop specifically mentions that she has worked with Rebecca in one of her clips. It is more likely that she is just a new character / leader from within the Brotherhood, but some have suggested she may in fact be Susan Drayton - the captain of Altair II, covered in the lore from the Initiates website. There is a mild resemblance, and it is surmised that the video feed was in fact from the ship itself.

Nah, Susan Drayton is too tough as nails to be Rebecca. I always thought Biship was Rebecca but since everyone is saying they are different, I'd wager a guess and say that Bishop is the Floating Tablet from Black Flag. It explains her lingo (using Abstergo-like marketing phrases), her familiarity with Animus tech and other stuff.

Acrimonious_Nin
05-31-2015, 09:58 PM
It seems that the Assassins and Templars are an olden issue that have lost their way...the only hope now is the "new age" that being the Initiates, which will most likely be combating this mysterious army of Juno that has been mentioned since AC3, but never revealed. This data you have presented shows that Juno and her army are mobilizing...Abstergo and Assassins have no real idea what they are up against.

Also hints towards potential future locations. Other than that, this information presented is very insightful...I think that Bishop could potentially be Susan indeed.

So

1) Juno is communicating with Sages (if there are more than one in the modern era around earth) via internet.
2) Juno is looking for Artifacts and 12 potential H.S.D members that are roaming the earth.
3) Abstergo and the Assassins are lost in their own little world.
4) David Bowie(David Jones) is going to start his own Diamond Dogs unit to fight along side the Initiates ;)

This leaves us with a very old and mysterious and almost forgotten website that hinted about a mysterious person holding a rose in one hand and a light emanating "thing" in the other. In those times, this man was believed to be "hermes", or "mercury". Now it looks like that he could have been visiting Lucy and Daniel and "collecting souls" to send to the grey with Juno, along side Clay, Desmond, etc.

Mind you that Juno in AC:B talked about cheating death and the struggle to stay alive...to survive like the way the made "us".

"Most. Not all. And it does not take many to unwind the world. Here is a safe place. Eternal. to store objects. Words. Wisdom. But not life. Almost did we have the means. But time...time erodes us. We can distract him. We can see past him. Feint left when he stikes right. But his reach is so very long. His stamina, undending. We cannot evade his grasp. Not forever. "

Hermes, within the lore, as of project legacy, used a staff that made Pythagoras younger, which is believed to be his way of cheating death.

Consus, was another H.S.D that lived throughout the ages...Somehow possessing people.

Juno, is one main survivor that the lore is focusing on which found her way through survival through the technology that "they turned away from", as she has explained to Desmond in her final solution given to him in AC3.

So now she uses the internet to continue her "vindication". And these are at least 2 out of the twelves that we know about :p

As far as we know, there is no mention that "those that opposed her and imprisoned her" in the first place survived as long as she did...Then again, ACIV had Desmond explaining the whole "probable futures thing" going on as well...For all we know we are only seeing one probability of this story playing out through the eyes of "that device" they are using...For all we know this is one big prediction and the greatest reboot in story telling has yet to come...:p

That is all I got lol the information is still truly insightful thanks for that ^__^

P.S wasn't there a biblical passage that talks about someone sending 12 to spy on some city/village and 2 of them end up...doing something...not sure how the story goes...sounds to coincidental to me...

Sorrosyss
06-06-2015, 12:15 PM
Well I asked Darby on Twitter who the hidden twelve are...

http://i.imgur.com/jV2Ku3n.jpg

We're so on to something here. :D

SixKeys
06-06-2015, 01:58 PM
Nice work compiling all that together. I'm a huge David Bowie fan and I can't believe I missed that reference! That's hilarious. :D There are some other obvious disparities between the real world and the modern day depicted in the games, so it's not a huge stretch to imagine David Bowie the entertainer might not exist in the AC universe.

Codarsnacht
06-06-2015, 06:42 PM

The hidden twelve could be referring to the twelve Olympian Gods of the Greek - or Roman - Pantheon. In the Roman form being: Jupiter, Juno, Minerva, Neptune, Venus, Mars, Mercury, Ceres, Apollo, Diana, Vesta, and Vulcan. Pluto while considered a main Roman God is omitted from the pantheon.

Of course we have seen 3 of these 'Gods': Juno, Jupiter, and Minerva, or The Capitoline Triad. It would be great to see all 12. I always wondered about the other 'Gods' and their story/involvement in AC lore.

Edit: Btw, thank you so much for this thread. I found getting the Assassins Intel so difficult and time consuming so I enjoyed reading it all very much. Thanks!

Nerdman3000
06-06-2015, 07:26 PM
The hidden twelve could be referring to the twelve Olympian Gods of the Greek - or Roman - Pantheon. In the Roman form being: Jupiter, Juno, Minerva, Neptune, Venus, Mars, Mercury, Ceres, Apollo, Diana, Vesta, and Vulcan. Pluto while considered a main Roman God is omitted from the pantheon.

Of course we have seen 3 of these 'Gods': Juno, Jupiter, and Minerva, or The Capitoline Triad. It would be great to see all 12. I always wondered about the other 'Gods' and their story/involvement in AC lore.

Edit: Btw, thank you so much for this thread. I found getting the Assassins Intel so difficult and time consuming so I enjoyed reading it all very much. Thanks!

Thats true, plus we've also seen Mercury/Hermes and Aphrodite/Venus is various other materials. In fact we already know of eleven First Civ members who have appeared through various Assassins Creed related works: Aita, Aphrodite, Consus, Durga, Hermes, Isis, Juno, Jupiter, Minerva, Eris, and Osiris. Each of these eleven could have been called various names, like the Greeks calling Juno as Hera, and perhaps Osiris was called Pluto by the Romans.

It's certainly possible that the First Civ members who were refereed to by the Egyptian as 'gods' were also refereed to the Greeks and Romans as 'gods' under different names, and those 'gods' were the twelve 'gods' of the Roman/Greek Pantheon.

RA503
06-06-2015, 10:18 PM
Sorrosyss, Great tread !

I happy to see that still exist fans that likes and especulate about AC lore,after Unity's release until now only a small part of the fans talk about those intel.

2018 is the next 2012 of the series.

MongoosE97
06-07-2015, 05:27 PM
Thanks for doing this, its fantastic! Speculating about the lore has been a part of the franchise which seems to be dying recently, which is sad. Good to see people still talking about it! :D

I really hope we do get back to a proper modern-day in-game style again, we can't just be told about the actual SHOWDOWN between Juno and the Assassins through textfiles!

VestigialLlama4
06-07-2015, 05:51 PM

I have a feeling it could refer to this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Twelve_Imams

Twelver Islam is a branch of Shia Islam and one of the original Twelvers is Hassan-I-Sabah, founder of the Assassins. Of course they are not going to use that exactly but I have no doubt that this is connected to it.

Wikipedia also has a lot of information on the number 12 and its connections:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12_(number)#In_religion_and_mythology

However I think the most interesting one is this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodecapolis

Dodecapolis was a group of 12 cities in Antiquity. If you count down the number of cities in the games you have: AC1 (Jerusalem-Acre-Damascus), AC2 (Florence-Venice), Brotherhood (Rome), Revelations (Istanbul), AC3 (Boston, New York), Black Flag (Havana), Unity (Paris) then you have 11 cities and London in Syndicate makes 12.

king-hailz
06-07-2015, 06:08 PM
I know it's a long shot but I have an idea about the twelve. Maybe it's the 12 imams who were also called the twelvers. They were the spiritual successors to the prophet Muhammed. They all came and went. However the last one is yet to come. He is the man who will come to introduce jesus back when he returns. So maybe this has something to do with it. Maybe in the AC universe this man will come when Desmond is put into a body on his return!!! He is like jesus and sacrificed himself and he will return. Also as Muslims we believe that jesus was sent to another dimension and will be sent back to earth, since only his material body had died. That is the same with Desmond. Desmond was sent to the grey. And he will return...

I have a feeling it could refer to this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Twelve_Imams

Twelver Islam is a branch of Shia Islam and one of the original Twelvers is Hassan-I-Sabah, founder of the Assassins. Of course they are not going to use that exactly but I have no doubt that this is connected to it.

Wikipedia also has a lot of information on the number 12 and its connections:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12_(number)#In_religion_and_mythology

However I think the most interesting one is this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodecapolis

Dodecapolis was a group of 12 cities in Antiquity. If you count down the number of cities in the games you have: AC1 (Jerusalem-Acre-Damascus), AC2 (Florence-Venice), Brotherhood (Rome), Revelations (Istanbul), AC3 (Boston, New York), Black Flag (Havana), Unity (Paris) then you have 11 cities and London in Syndicate makes 12.

You beat me to it lol!!!

NondairyGold
06-07-2015, 10:40 PM
I know it's a long shot but I have an idea about the twelve. Maybe it's the 12 imams who were also called the twelvers. They were the spiritual successors to the prophet Muhammed. They all came and went. However the last one is yet to come. He is the man who will come to introduce jesus back when he returns. So maybe this has something to do with it. Maybe in the AC universe this man will come when Desmond is put into a body on his return!!! He is like jesus and sacrificed himself and he will return. Also as Muslims we believe that jesus was sent to another dimension and will be sent back to earth, since only his material body had died. That is the same with Desmond. Desmond was sent to the grey. And he will return...

You beat me to it lol!!!

This is great in theory but I can't see Ubisoft touching Islam or he who can't be named; with a ten foot barge pole! In all probability it will be 12 PoE's in some shape or form, starting with the Box in helping locate them and the Koh-i-Noor in helping combine their power/potential.

col_96
06-07-2015, 11:07 PM
http://i.imgur.com/dmFnx9E.jpg

king-hailz
06-08-2015, 06:59 AM
This is great in theory but I can't see Ubisoft touching Islam or he who can't be named; with a ten foot barge pole! In all probability it will be 12 PoE's in some shape or form, starting with the Box in helping locate them and the Koh-i-Noor in helping combine their power/potential.

Well it won't be this because Darby said so... However that won't be the reason why. Ubisoft have touched Islam before in the first game and the entire concept of assassins comes from Islamic roots. Also who is the one who can't be named? Jesus? Because I didn't say it will mention Jesus and religion in the game. I meant this is and Idea or lath they could go. Kinda like The Lion King or the The Lord Of The Rings which are obvious retelling of this religious tale. They didn't mention Jesus or religion once. But they followed the same story.

NondairyGold
06-08-2015, 01:42 PM
Well it won't be this because Darby said so... However that won't be the reason why. Ubisoft have touched Islam before in the first game and the entire concept of assassins comes from Islamic roots. Also who is the one who can't be named? Jesus? Because I didn't say it will mention Jesus and religion in the game. I meant this is and Idea or lath they could go. Kinda like The Lion King or the The Lord Of The Rings which are obvious retelling of this religious tale. They didn't mention Jesus or religion once. But they followed the same story.

I hate to burst the bubble but there's more than Darby on the writing team and everything he says isn't gospel :) As for the one who can't be named, I was referring to the Prophet Mohammed, and in the current climate no mater what kind of disclaimer you put before your title sequence you are not going to put your brand in the firing line of the caliphate. So for now; Islam is a no go area.

As for the 12, I think what you were saying or referring to is that there was is 12 people/sages before the second coming of Desmond/Juno?? Correct me if I'm wrong, it's a good theory though.

Sorrosyss
06-13-2015, 03:22 PM
Some great responses here, lovely to see some debate on this. :)

If they mention 2018 and AC takes place in the present day, then that means we have three more annual titles (until 2018) before the Juno story completes.

Agreed, or it may be sooner if this supposed second source of DNA works.

Green doesn't look ''like'' a Sage at all.

That's my mistake. I didn't mean to suggest that, just that he could act as a link, story wise to an Indian sequel - purely as he would still be alive, in theory, in that suggested time frame.

1) Juno is communicating with Sages (if there are more than one in the modern era around earth) via internet.
2) Juno is looking for Artifacts and 12 potential H.S.D members that are roaming the earth.

Good theory. Well we know that there were two sages alive at the same time in Edward Kenway's time. It's not impossible then that these could be the twelve in question. I'm leaning towards the latter though, as she says the twelve to "remake my world". That sounds more like a device, or as you say artifact, than a person to me. I'd highly doubt there are any First Civilisation members still alive in the modern day that somehow survived. I'm pretty sure Abstergo would have located them already.

I like the other suggestions about their being a corrupted version of the twelve apostles out there though. Would again make the bible have an interesting twist in the AC universe...

Oh, and Col96, thanks for confirming about Bishop. I'll update the OP. :)

Sorrosyss
08-29-2015, 01:33 PM
So, I've been rethinking about the 'hidden twelve'. We may have been overthinking it, and I now believe that we already heard about these within AC3.

One of the solutions that the First Civilization attempted was to use Apples of Eden to enthrall humanity into thinking the same thought.

http://i.imgur.com/pSwUrdP.png

We know that one Apple was not enough to influence the entire planet, so they took to launching enough to cover all of humanity. How many did they release?

We sent a dozen of them skyward.
-Juno

Twelve!

This also makes sense to the remarks about "remaking her world", as even in the time of the First Civilization she wanted humanity returned to an enslaved existence. If you think about it Abstergo's satellite program was attempting to repeat the same process, so one wonders how much direct influence the Instruments have had in the direction of the Templars in her desires.

I feel this makes far more sense, than the hidden twelve being say, 12 members of the First Civilization. For example, we know that Juno was incarcerated, so the likelihood of the rest of their government/council supporting her is likely small. And after all, " The Assassins must die. Before they find my Others..." - the only thing the Assassins have really found are Apples of Eden. As the twelve Apples fell back to earth, they were scattered and hidden across the globe - which again explains the one that landed on the moon in AC2.

Jessigirl2013
08-29-2015, 05:14 PM

Could it be a link to the 12 disciples?
I'm sure Jesus has already been mentioned in AC (didn't he have the Shroud of Eden which is now in Syndicate!)

RVSage
08-29-2015, 05:49 PM
Nice compilation. I hope the information in unity , lays the foundation for the modern day from syndicate. I suspect for some reason, one of the next games will have a dual setting(with dual protagonists )... Maybe a game set in India/Egypt. Strong indications of those two locations , coming in the future

RA503
08-29-2015, 06:26 PM
If the hidden twelve be like Horcruxes for Juno/father of understanding http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Horcrux

''J. K. Rowling described the invention of the Horcrux as comparable to the splitting of the atom: "Something that people imagined might be able to be done, but couldn't quite bring it off, and then... and then people started doing it with sometimes catastrophic effects."

The father of understanding was killed and it's soul is divided in twelve parts one of them is Juno.

This theory came straight out of my *** but I left registrer maybe is true...