PDA

View Full Version : Templar: From an Order to a Corporation.

Ignacio_796
05-30-2015, 10:56 PM
With the premiere of AC: Syndicate we've seen the main thematic of the game: gangs fighting for the control of the city of London in the Industrial Revolution, one of the most requested epochs in this franchise. Both templars and assassins will have their respective representation in these gangs: The Rooks being the assassins and the templar as the rivals ones. This new game has been quoted as ''the first modern assassins creed''. That does bring me a lot of questions not only gameplay-wise (3rd person shooter mechanics, now that we have revolvers?) but also in narrative terms.... because this will not be the first time we have seen the Assassins Creed universe in the industrial era.

Assassins Creed 2 and Bro glyphs is what i'm talking about. In those, it was stated that the Industrial Revolution was the context in which the Templar Order began to evolve into the hermetic corporation called Abstergo (being founded years later, in 1937). We have Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, George Westinghouse.... This is the birthplace of the Industrial capitalism that later would evolve into the modern capitalism or the economic system we have today. According to the glyphs, that were the days the things got more serious and complex, as the templar were taking the role of the invisible rulers of the world.

But what we've seen is Jacob smashing templar homies in the head, and these being reduced to criminal gangs. It will be very ironic to see that in the time the templars turned into the most powerful and rich organization in the planet, Ubi decides to simplify everything making a brainless juivenile filled with unecessary action story of gang wars with zero depth or coherence with the context that the glyphs tried to create. Of course, we haven't seen the full game, i just hope that all the narrative does not inolve only the gang wars and leave some espace for the more compelling part of the context.

So what do you think? Do you expect to have a proper execution in the narrative, and specially in the story of the Templars?

Also: comunism (Nikolai Orelov DLC confirmed).

I-Like-Pie45
05-30-2015, 11:20 PM
The corporations are not your enemy, they are here like the police to help and prevent the common proletariat rats from taking control and implementing their socio-communism so that you middle-class denizens may continue to buy your Assassin's Creed product.

Ignacio_796
05-31-2015, 12:11 AM
The corporations are not your enemy, they are here like the police to help and prevent the common proletariat rats from taking control and implementing their socio-communism so that you middle-class denizens may continue to buy your Assassin's Creed product.

Im not talking about the corporations, im talking about THE corporation, you know...that one.... the one that shall not be named.... Ubisoft, i mean Abstergo....(shudders with fear)

I-Like-Pie45
05-31-2015, 12:30 AM
Im not talking about the corporations, im talking about THE corporation, you know...that one.... the one that shall not be named.... Ubisoft, i mean Abstergo....(shudders with fear)

Abstergo makes the games, don't they?

Without Abstergo, there'd be no Black Flag or Liberation or Unity entertainment products for you to enjoy.

Ignacio_796
05-31-2015, 12:32 AM
Abstergo makes the games, don't they?

Without Abstergo, there'd be no Black Flag or Liberation or Unity entertainment products for you to enjoy.

i would still have AC1 to 3.... oh wait

SixKeys
05-31-2015, 01:40 AM
But what we've seen is Jacob smashing templar homies in the head, and these being reduced to criminal gangs. It will be very ironic to see that in the time the templars turned into the most powerful and rich organization in the planet, Ubi decides to simplify everything making a brainless juivenile filled with unecessary action story of gang wars with zero depth or coherence with the context that the glyphs tried to create. Of course, we haven't seen the full game, i just hope that all the narrative does not inolve only the gang wars and leave some espace for the more compelling part of the context.

So what do you think? Do you expect to have a proper execution in the narrative, and specially in the story of the Templars?

Also: comunism (Nikolai Orelov DLC confirmed).

We've only seen like 10 minutes of pre-alpha gameplay. :rolleyes: You can't really gauge a character's whole personality from that alone.

Jeffrey Yohalem who wrote the glyphs is writing Syndicate, so I'm holding out hope for some interesting connections.

I-Like-Pie45
05-31-2015, 01:43 AM
We've only seen like 10 minutes of pre-alpha gameplay. :rolleyes: You can't really gauge a character's whole personality from that alone.

Jeffrey Yohalem who wrote the glyphs is writing Syndicate, so I'm holding out hope for some interesting connections.

9/11 was not an inside job!

Ignacio_796
05-31-2015, 11:14 AM

It's not a matter of how Jacob personality is, it's a matter of how templars are gonna be portrayed in this game and if it's going to expand the context that the glyphs give us 6 years ago, or if it's gonna be just gang wars. Of course , this is all especulation based on my first impression.