PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Syndicate Speculations, Theories and Ties to the Lore

RinoTheBouncer
05-29-2015, 05:29 PM
Revolutionary Lineage

Evie Frye is the secondary protagonist of Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate. Her name is of a biblical origin, a variation of the name Eve. And as we know, Eve was the one who led the revolution against the First Civilization, millennia ago.

I’ve stated this in a previous theory that Eve might have been Minerva’s plan B, in case her plan A of contacting Desmond Miles through The Eye to prevent him from releasing Juno, fails, and as we saw in Assassin’s Creed III ending, Juno was freed by Desmond to save the world, despite Minerva’s pleas to stop him.

Since Minerva’s plan failed, and knowing that Juno is free and no one can be a better candidate to stand against her other than a person who previously led a revolution against the First Civilization during the height of their power. In this case, that person is Eve.

The name Eve was mentioned numerous times throughout the franchise, by different figures and even throughout different time periods. Whatever her importance is, she seems to hold a major secret. She or her DNA.

Now Minerva, since she worked with humans along with Jupiter to rebuild after Toba Catastrophe, she might have convinced Eve to be part of a Sage reincarnation system. Creating an Eve that is reborn every few decades or centuries, learning more, and passing it on to the next Sage, until the time comes when her present day version can stand against Juno and whoever’s supporting her, be it other surviving First Civilization members, The Sage (Aita) or The Instruments of the First Will.

In Assassin’s Creed: Unity - Dead Kings, a living person from that time period referred to as Lady Eve is mentioned. Clay Kaczmarek and Juno have also referenced Eve and the necessity of finding her and how her DNA is the key and Aveline De Grandpré acquired the Prophecy Disk which recorded a segment from the original Eve’s life. Evie is another name that refers to Eve, which I doubt and I hope that it’s not just pure coincidence. If you look at Evie’s eyes in the figure below, you’ll notice that her eyes are very vibrant.

Despite the fact that they don’t share the signs of Heterochromia or Anisocoria, the footage shown is pre-alpha, and its only the first reveal, so I believe that even if she was indeed a sage, they wouldn’t be revealing that so early into the game’s announcement.

Let’s not forget that we’re constantly being introduced to new features and characteristics of Sages. We though that features of Sages like Roberts and John Standish (ACIV:BF) were the norm for a Sage’s looks, the mustache, the eyes and the personality, as well. However ,that was proven wrong in Assassin’s Creed: Unity when we were introduced to two new types of Sages, Jacques De Molay and Germain.

Therefore, I don’t think it’s that unlikely for a sage to be born with such vibrant eye colors, instead of being heterochromatic or having a mustache. Besides, maybe the effects of the reincarnation process has different effects on female Sages than male ones. That if she wasn’t somehow using a pigment or early models of contact lenses (since the concepts of those were since the times of Leonardo Da Vinci in 1508 and Thomas Young in 1801) or perhaps the use of some eye coloring pigments.

The constant recurrence of the name Eve and its variations supports the theory that we’re not just after a descendant of Eve, but a reincarnation of hers. However, even if Eve was not made a Sage, I still believe we could be looking for a descendant of hers with sufficient DNA wield the Koh-i-Noor diamond which is highly likely to be part of Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate’s lore. (checkout my previous articles for more information on this theory).

Of Templar Origins

Little is known about Jacob and Shay’s origins and nothing is known about the last days of Shay’s life or his descendants in modern history or his ancestors, but few renders/screenshots show facial similarities between the two which makes me think that there’s a possibility that Jacob Frye could be a descendant of Shay Cormac.

We’ve seen the concept of having an Assassin born from a Templar, born from an Assassin in the Kenway Saga, so seeing its recurrence here wouldn’t be so unlikely and it would also be a huge fan favor since a lot of fans are fond of Shay Cormac and are curious to know more about his last days and whether he somehow crossed paths with Connor Kenway and many demand closure for his story and want to know about how we managed to relive his memories in modern day.

Therefore, I believe it is likely that these two men are somehow related. Or so I hope.

Apprentice of Arbaaz Mir

The presence of this seemingly fierce and wise Indian Assassin in Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate gameplay trailer along with the continuation of Arbaaz Mir’s story in Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: India makes me speculate a connection between the two men as well as the Koh-i-Noor diamond.

In previous articles, I’ve discussed how it’s likely for the Koh-i-Noor diamond to be part of an Assassin’s Creed game set in Victorian England since India and England were very connected during that time and it’s also the time when the Koh-i-Noor was transfered there. So I believe that Ubisoft’s decisions to continue Arbaaz Mir’s story in ACC India, whose previous story, Brahman revolved around the Koh-i-Noor diamond, along with bringing an Indian Assassin into Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate which is set in Victorian England after the time when the diamond (or a counterfeit version of it) was transferred to the UK, feels deliberate and that these three stories will somehow be tied together.

Arbaaz Mir could’ve been some sort of a mentor or father to this Indian Assassin, and he could’ve likely tasked him to track the Koh-i-Noor in England and perhaps replace it with a replica/counterfeit version of it, which became part of the Crown Jewels, keeping the original one with the Assassins, either in India or England. Perhaps near the Stonehenge.

http://rinothebouncer.com/ACLore/images/ACLore_SyndicateTheories.jpg

More at: www.thecodexofassassinscreed.com (http://www.thecodexofassassinscreed.com)

Thanks for reading,
Reno :cool:

VestigialLlama4
05-29-2015, 06:05 PM
Revolutionary Lineage

Evie Frye is the secondary protagonist of Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate. Her name is of a biblical origin, a variation of the name Eve. And as we know, Eve was the one who led the revolution against the First Civilization, millennia ago.

I’ve stated this in a previous theory that Eve might have been Minerva’s plan B, in case her plan A of contacting Desmond Miles through The Eye to prevent him from releasing Juno, fails, and as we saw in Assassin’s Creed III ending, Juno was freed by Desmond to save the world, despite Minerva’s pleas to stop him.

Since Minerva’s plan failed, and knowing that Juno is free and no one can be a better candidate to stand against her other than a person who previously led a revolution against the First Civilization during the height of their power. In this case, that person is Eve.

The name Eve was mentioned numerous times throughout the franchise, by different figures and even throughout different time periods. Whatever her importance is, she seems to hold a major secret. She or her DNA.

Now Minerva, since she worked with humans along with Jupiter to rebuild after Toba Catastrophe, she might have convinced Eve to be part of a Sage reincarnation system. Creating an Eve that is reborn every few decades or centuries, learning more, and passing it on to the next Sage, until the time comes when her present day version can stand against Juno and whoever’s supporting her, be it other surviving First Civilization members, The Sage (Aita) or The Instruments of the First Will.

This actually is kind of plausible. Only I don't know how I feel about too many reincarnations complicating stuff. I prefer First-Civ in the background and low-key.

However, even if Eve was not made a Sage, I still believe we could be looking for a descendant of hers with sufficient DNA wield the Koh-i-Noor diamond which is highly likely to be part of Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate’s lore. (checkout my previous articles for more information on this theory).

The problem is that the Koh-I-Noor diamond can be wielded by "any woman" not Eve in particular. So unless all women are Eve (which I think is fairly reductive), then it makes no sense. That means Melanie Lemay or Laetitia England can wield it too.

Little is known about Jacob and Shay’s origins and nothing is known about the last days of Shay’s life or his descendants in modern history or his ancestors, but few renders/screenshots show facial similarities between the two which makes me think that there’s a possibility that Jacob Frye could be a descendant of Shay Cormac.

We’ve seen the concept of having an Assassin born from a Templar, born from an Assassin in the Kenway Saga, so seeing its recurrence here wouldn’t be so unlikely and it would also be a huge fan favor since a lot of fans are fond of Shay Cormac and are curious to know more about his last days and whether he somehow crossed paths with Connor Kenway and many demand closure for his story and want to know about how we managed to relive his memories in modern day.

That makes sense. Though I always assumed that Shay died and his body was found by Abstergo on the ruins of the Observatory.

The presence of this seemingly fierce and wise Indian Assassin in Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate gameplay trailer along with the continuation of Arbaaz Mir’s story in Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: India makes me speculate a connection between the two men as well as the Koh-i-Noor diamond.

But BRAHMAN told us clearly that the diamond in England was a fake and the real one is in India.

In previous articles, I’ve discussed how it’s likely for the Koh-i-Noor diamond to be part of an Assassin’s Creed game set in Victorian England since India and England were very connected during that time

India and England weren't "connected" at all. India was an imperial colony of the British Empire. And I can think of a bunch of reasons for an Indian to be in London at the time than be hung over some Dead Sikh Prince's diamond.

Hans684
05-29-2015, 06:29 PM
To much operturrinities taken and to much lore connections, it's fan-fictional. It's like having Achilles, Haytham and Adéwalé in a Seven Years War game.

Things like this usually don't get wasted in AC, names of things(Edward's Jackdaw) and people don't go unnoticed.

She did see the possibility of Desmond reaching The Eye, so the possibility of something going wrong(Juno) is also there. Minerva overlooking it would be sloppy since she built it.

Indeed. Clearly is something more important about Eve we don't know.

In Assassin’s Creed: Unity - Dead Kings, a living person from that time period referred to as Lady Eve is mentioned. Clay Kaczmarek and Juno have also referenced Eve and the necessity of finding her and how her DNA is the key and Aveline De Grandpré acquired the Prophecy Disk which recorded a segment from the original Eve’s life. Evie is another name that refers to Eve, which I doubt and I hope that it’s not just pure coincidence. If you look at Evie’s eyes in the figure below, you’ll notice that her eyes are very vibrant.

She is also mentioned in Initiates by the Russian Assassins.

The constant recurrence of the name Eve and its variations supports the theory that we’re not just after a descendant of Eve, but a reincarnation of hers. However, even if Eve was not made a Sage, I still believe we could be looking for a descendant of hers with sufficient DNA wield the Koh-i-Noor diamond which is highly likely to be part of Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate’s lore. (checkout my previous articles for more information on this theory).

She must be Desmond kinda great then, he had an unusual hight amount of First Civ. DNA for a human. Sages naturally have more because their designed that way.

Of Templar Origins

We know to little, the last we heard of Shay was his assassination of Charles. No hits to we're he might have gone.

Him being descendant of Shay should be worth more than a simple name drop, a name drop doesn't add anything. Maybe Shay hid the Precursor Box in England. I want to know Shay's last days as much as I don't, I'd expect a casual fight but character wise(including both) it makes sence for them to make peace. At least 5 years of something before a blind fanatic start the fight again.

Therefore, I believe it is likely that these two men are somehow related. Or so I hope.

Looks isn't going to be enough evidence, wouldn't put it in likely but possibility since they can but it's not likely.

Apprentice of Arbaaz Mir

The diamond in England is fake.

Arbaaz Mir could’ve been some sort of a mentor or father to this Indian Assassin, and he could’ve likely tasked him to track the Koh-i-Noor in England and perhaps replace it with a replica/counterfeit version of it, which became part of the Crown Jewels, keeping the original one with the Assassins, either in India or England. Perhaps near the Stonehenge.

Stonehenge is most likly a Temple, landmarks like that usually are.

Thanks for reading,
Reno :cool:

It's a good read as always.

pacmanate
05-29-2015, 08:18 PM
Retcon the fake diamond.

See no reason to have 25% of the games missions as a woman otherwise.

Would only make sense if the PoE can only be wielded by a woman cause if the game was just Jacob it would be a ***** kill to not use the PoE

Altair1789
05-30-2015, 12:00 AM
It would be really interesting to see Shay's final days as a beginning to this story, and Jacob being one of his descendants

I like the workaround for a fake diamond, having Henry replace the real Koh-I-Noor with a fake

It could be that we're looking for Eve's descendant in MD by viewing Evie's memories

RinoTheBouncer
06-01-2015, 12:06 PM
Just to clarify, I didn't say that the Koh-i-Noor in the British Crown Jewels. I'm well aware that the one in the crown is fake. However, this doesn't alter the fact that at some point, the Koh-i-Noor could've been transferred to the UK or somebody was looking for it there, or even trying to replace the real one with the fake one which is now part of the Crown Jewels.

Sorrosyss
06-01-2015, 01:13 PM
Ah Rino, any time there is an Eve thread I'm always there. Gives me an excuse to shout "Evie will lead us". :p

But seriously, I think most people jumped on the Evie name when it was first announced, and a lot of us are excited to finally see some payoff on this series long name drop.

For a time I have been torn between one of two possibilities;

Eve still lives.
Or
Eve is reincarnating.

I am now leaning towards the latter. As you state, Minerva must have been privy to the experiments that were being conducted on Aita, and in seeing the long game with Juno's imprisonment had to have a backup solution should her chosen hero - Desmond, fail. At this time period, it is likely that the First Civilisation was in it's final days, and Eve perhaps sacrificed herself to save humanity - namely dying for resurrection like Aita. We know she was a hybrid so it is entirely possible.

Then there is Dead Kings. The Lady Eve reference smacked to me of the Eve taking over the body of some rich noble woman. Let us not also forget that Jeffrey Yohalem wrote part of Dead Kings. It is entirely likely that he added this story thread to directly lead into Syndicate which we now know he is the lead writer for.

I recently started a thread about the Intel found in Unity, and there is mention in that they have found a more promising source of precursor DNA that is currently classified. From the same Intel reports, it states that they recovered four bodies from around Mount Kilimanjaro - which was in the backdrop to AC2's The Truth video which featured Eve. We know she was in the area, is it possible that Abstergo has her original discarded hybrid body?

Any such reincarnations would have a higher portion of precursor DNA, so I have to surmise that such an individual, be it Evie or someone later (Galina says hi), would have more of a connection to the Koh-I-Noor. Was interesting to see that name dropped in Rogue too.

It all makes sense to me, and I do hope that Ubisoft go down this route as it will expand both the Modern and First Civ storyline quite substantially.

NondairyGold
06-01-2015, 01:34 PM
Just a thought, but what if Eve had her consciousness placed in a storage device just like Juno. Unlike Juno however she is able to transfer to physical form as her DNA is compatible.What if she has been doing these transfers for centuries, from one body to the next through the means of some device (?), the Koh-i-noor perhaps. That's the reason only a woman can wield it, as for it's ability to bring the PoE's together, maybe she will be the one to bring them together, 12 perhaps??

Or, alternatively, maybe Eve is just a title given to the highest ranking female Assassin??

RinoTheBouncer
06-03-2015, 02:41 PM
Ah Rino, any time there is an Eve thread I'm always there. Gives me an excuse to shout "Evie will lead us". :p

But seriously, I think most people jumped on the Evie name when it was first announced, and a lot of us are excited to finally see some payoff on this series long name drop.

For a time I have been torn between one of two possibilities;

Eve still lives.
Or
Eve is reincarnating.

I am now leaning towards the latter. As you state, Minerva must have been privy to the experiments that were being conducted on Aita, and in seeing the long game with Juno's imprisonment had to have a backup solution should her chosen hero - Desmond, fail. At this time period, it is likely that the First Civilisation was in it's final days, and Eve perhaps sacrificed herself to save humanity - namely dying for resurrection like Aita. We know she was a hybrid so it is entirely possible.

Then there is Dead Kings. The Lady Eve reference smacked to me of the Eve taking over the body of some rich noble woman. Let us not also forget that Jeffrey Yohalem wrote part of Dead Kings. It is entirely likely that he added this story thread to directly lead into Syndicate which we now know he is the lead writer for.

I recently started a thread about the Intel found in Unity, and there is mention in that they have found a more promising source of precursor DNA that is currently classified. From the same Intel reports, it states that they recovered four bodies from around Mount Kilimanjaro - which was in the backdrop to AC2's The Truth video which featured Eve. We know she was in the area, is it possible that Abstergo has her original discarded hybrid body?

Any such reincarnations would have a higher portion of precursor DNA, so I have to surmise that such an individual, be it Evie or someone later (Galina says hi), would have more of a connection to the Koh-I-Noor. Was interesting to see that name dropped in Rogue too.

It all makes sense to me, and I do hope that Ubisoft go down this route as it will expand both the Modern and First Civ storyline quite substantially.

Galina is very interesting to me. I wonder when or if she'll have a proper role in the main games.

I, like you, believe that the idea of Eve reincarnating is more convincing than her just living all these millennia, unless it's in a way similar to Juno.

The precursor DNA thing is really interesting. I mean I've read the whole intel thing and stuff about The Phoenix Project interest me a lot. I just hope that we get to see more significant progress in that matter. It would be amazing to have a First Civ. DNA sequence and try to relive their memories or the memories of the children they had with humans beings they mated with.

Just a thought, but what if Eve had her consciousness placed in a storage device just like Juno. Unlike Juno however she is able to transfer to physical form as her DNA is compatible.What if she has been doing these transfers for centuries, from one body to the next through the means of some device (?), the Koh-i-noor perhaps. That's the reason only a woman can wield it, as for it's ability to bring the PoE's together, maybe she will be the one to bring them together, 12 perhaps??

Or, alternatively, maybe Eve is just a title given to the highest ranking female Assassin??

Well it's an interesting idea that Eve could be alive, herself inside a device similar to that of Juno. But are we just gonna see her as someone who hacks into the Animus simulation? or she'll end up having a body of her own? Juno still cannot do that, so I don't know how or why would Eve be any different.

NondairyGold
06-05-2015, 01:13 PM
Well it's an interesting idea that Eve could be alive, herself inside a device similar to that of Juno. But are we just gonna see her as someone who hacks into the Animus simulation? or she'll end up having a body of her own? Juno still cannot do that, so I don't know how or why would Eve be any different.

If she is alive in a device similar to Juno then, we won't see her until someone releases her, she won't be released into the Animus/Computer system. She will take the form of whomever releases her, like Juno was supposed to. Eve is/will be closer to us genetically than Juno was making it easier, that was the whole idea behind the Fifth and Sixth solutions.

It's also possible she could be "alive" in the Koh-i-Noor, and is transferred from body to body using this PoE, just as Consus was in the Shroud. The shroud could have been a first Civ attempt at fixing the problem of non-compatible DNA and transference to a suitable vessel.

In all likelihood though,it will just be a title conferred on a suitable candidate, as I said before.

RinoTheBouncer
06-06-2015, 08:45 AM
If she is alive in a device similar to Juno then, we won't see her until someone releases her, she won't be released into the Animus/Computer system. She will take the form of whomever releases her, like Juno was supposed to. Eve is/will be closer to us genetically than Juno was making it easier, that was the whole idea behind the Fifth and Sixth solutions.

It's also possible she could be "alive" in the Koh-i-Noor, and is transferred from body to body using this PoE, just as Consus was in the Shroud. The shroud could have been a first Civ attempt at fixing the problem of non-compatible DNA and transference to a suitable vessel.

In all likelihood though,it will just be a title conferred on a suitable candidate, as I said before.

Excellent theory. You just inspired me to write my next article. Thanks a lot :cool: