PDA

View Full Version : Uplay PC Client - May Release

Ubi-Cain
05-28-2015, 02:12 PM
http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gamesites/uplay/v20/news/31c15d9ffc240e7e7247fa41e072f67f.png

Fellow Uplay Gamers,

The latest version of the Uplay PC client is now live and in this update we're adding a couple of long sought after features to keep your games up to date and to let your friends know if you’re ready to game or not.

New Features

Automatic Game Updates

Don’t worry about keeping your games updated ever again! With the new automatic game updates feature we’ll take care of that for you.

As long as you have the Uplay PC client running and you have played the games within the past 2 months, your games will be automatically updated to the latest version. This will reduce the chance that you’ll have to download your updates after hitting the Play button… because we don’t want to keep you waiting before getting in the game now, do we?

Automatic downloads can be enable/disabled globally in the options menu at any time and can be enabled/disabled on a per games basis via the game properties menu.

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gamesites/uplay/v20/news/c59a8799decb49a1cea71a5ceef10d20.png

NOTE: Some older games do not currently support this feature due to the revamp of the client’s download tech in recent years. We are however working hard to bring this functionality to the entire Ubisoft game library in the near future.

Online Status Indicator

Whether you’re stepping away from your computer for a while or you’re looking to simply play solo for a while our new status indicator has you covered. Choose between 3 different statuses and let your friends know where they stand when it comes to sending out those game invites:

Online – For when you’re ready to game, and you don’t mind getting an invite.
Away – For when you’re taking a break. Away status can be changed manually or after 10 minutes of inactivity.
Do Not Disturb – For when you’re looking to play in peace. This mode also suppresses social notifications, though the friends button will still flash so you can remember to check in on your buddies later.

Your status can be changed at any time by clicking on the arrow next to your existing online status.

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gamesites/uplay/v20/news/9ad0c1a3ac8fd1a5201507a5bcfc7a9a.png

Well, that's it for this update folks.

As always we’re constantly look to improve Uplay, so if you have any suggestions you'd like to send our way don't hesitate to let us know about them on here on our forums.

The Uplay PC Team

AntiChrist7
05-30-2015, 09:06 AM
Two great and long awaited improvements, well done.

A noice when you receive a message is the next step

Anykeyer
06-02-2015, 04:29 PM
Download buttons for AC 3 DLCs are missing in this release. Please fix.
And while you're at it can you also add Benedict Arnold in this list? I have this DLC tied to my account (gear > account information) but it doesnt appear in AC3 DLC lit within Uplay client.

Anykeyer
06-08-2015, 09:26 AM
False alarm. AC3 was silently moved to new download format (the same used in AC4 and most newer games). So there is no need for separate installers and patches. Now Uplay downloads complete game with all DLCs and fully patched.
As such I have another request. Tell us when you upgrade download format used by games.

Anykeyer
06-08-2015, 09:36 AM
AC2 was upgraded too. AC1, ACB and ACR are the only 3 AC games still using old installers.

Ubi-Cain
06-08-2015, 03:14 PM
As such I have another request. Tell us when you upgrade download format used by games.

I'll look into that one :)

/Cain

Gamranand
06-13-2015, 03:21 PM
Now a backup and restore function would be nice addition. :)

Ubi-Cain
06-24-2015, 10:56 AM
Now a backup and restore function would be nice addition. :)

That has been possible since February for all games using the more recent download tech... and we're working on converting any older games to support this feature going forward.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1013662-Uplay-PC-Client-February-Update-19-02-2015

suspectsage
01-22-2018, 05:51 PM
yes hello i play on pc and my do not disturb is stuck on do not disturb I cant see if my friends are on or not and when were in a call via discord we know were both online but since my do not disturb is on I cant see if he is online and he cant see if im online so any help