PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft confirms that Assassin's Creed Syndicate will not have companion app

bitebug2003
05-28-2015, 12:02 PM
Assassin's Creed Syndicate will not have a companion app, the publisher has confirmed.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-28-assassins-creed-syndicate-will-not-have-companion-app-ubisoft-confirms

Not surprising

VestigialLlama4
05-28-2015, 12:05 PM
Assassin's Creed Syndicate will not have a companion app, the publisher has confirmed.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-28-assassins-creed-syndicate-will-not-have-companion-app-ubisoft-confirms

Not surprising

Nothing like becoming the laughing stock and humiliating yourself with a bad product to make you change your ways.

SixKeys
05-28-2015, 12:23 PM
Not surprised considering Unity's companion app was universally criticized. Still, I'm glad they're not bringing it back.

Sorrosyss
05-28-2015, 12:44 PM
Praise Juno! Though I have used the last two, they were in the end of no consequence, and everything that should be achievable need only be and should only ever be, within the game itself. Given Uplay's instability at launches, this is a positive move to relieve some impact to the servers.

Cornik22
05-28-2015, 12:50 PM
Interesting. I know for certain there was going to be one, but they probably removed it as soon as people started comlaining with Unity's version. God it was awful!

Mr_Shade
05-28-2015, 12:59 PM
Interesting. I know for certain there was going to be one, but they probably removed it as soon as people started comlaining with Unity's version. God it was awful!

Really - where did you find out this then?

col_96
05-28-2015, 03:39 PM
Probably a good move

SpiritOfNevaeh
05-28-2015, 04:00 PM
A wise decision.

ShadoeKat
05-28-2015, 06:11 PM
THANK GOODNESS!!! Found it a pain in the arse because the two things were connected in such a major way. Maybe they need to think about something connect so closely with the game. Black Flag's app was truly a little game with somethings relating to the actual game. I don't like relying on another device to play the regular game I purchased and spent good money for and the money I paid for my PS4 to do my gaming... and then almost forced to have to pay more money for the premium app to have access to more things and still have a bunch of issues. The $9.99 I paid for the app I would rather have paid it for a good longer extra mission in the main game.

Companies have to really think about how they use mobile apps when it comes to stuff like this.

GunnerGalactico
05-28-2015, 06:46 PM
This is excellent news. I found Unity's companion app a pain the ***

bitebug2003
05-28-2015, 07:18 PM
THANK GOODNESS!!! Found it a pain in the arse because the two things were connected in such a major way. Maybe they need to think about something connect so closely with the game. Black Flag's app was truly a little game with somethings relating to the actual game. I don't like relying on another device to play the regular game I purchased and spent good money for and the money I paid for my PS4 to do my gaming... and then almost forced to have to pay more money for the premium app to have access to more things and still have a bunch of issues. The $9.99 I paid for the app I would rather have paid it for a good longer extra mission in the main game.

Companies have to really think about how they use mobile apps when it comes to stuff like this.

You paid $9.99 for the AC Unity Companion app???

Assassin's Creed Unity Companion Premium Pack (Assassin’s Creed® Unity App)
Total: £1.43 (approx. $2.19)
(Includes VAT of £0.00)

I have trouble believing that.

Sushiglutton
05-28-2015, 08:07 PM
Good news!

Hope this is part of a much needed change in overall design philosophy. Rather than jamming in as much "content" as possible, that constantly inisists upon itself, AC should be designed as a holistic experience where immersion is the prime goal.

Hare are a couple of more tips for the chests Ubi: 1) remove them from the mini-map/map. 2) Remove them from any kind of completion statstic. 3) Remove the tingling soundeffect.

RedTegareg
05-28-2015, 11:34 PM
So much overly strong emotion. I actually liked some aspects of the app. I like having the minimap up on my PC whilst playing on my Xbox One.
No the app should not detract from the core experience. Yes all the database elements should be on the core system,

But I like the minimap. Tutorials would be ok. Showing your build would be ok. Showing your XP / achievements / progress would be OK. Social linked comparison with your friends, great.

I wouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water. I'd simply keep the parts that work and people like, and not do the stuff that was wrong.

mtb133
05-28-2015, 11:34 PM
Best decision they have made in the last year by far

ShadoeKat
05-29-2015, 03:28 PM
You paid $9.99 for the AC Unity Companion app???

I have trouble believing that.

Oops, it was part of another order with two other Ubisoft apps. Still it was worthless.