PDA

View Full Version : Unacceptable!!!

EmptyCrustacean
05-27-2015, 08:55 PM
Sort your forums out, please!!!
The spam is becoming more and more aggressive and frequent and it's destroying these boards. We don't care how you do it just be more protactive, please!!!

Zafar1981
05-27-2015, 09:02 PM
The spam is becoming more and more aggressive and frequent and it's destroying these boards. We don't care how you do it just be more protactive, please!!!
100% agree with you mate.

Shahkulu101
05-27-2015, 09:05 PM
Yeah as well as clogging up the forums it's really slowed down activity too. The fact that the forums are even as active as they are now is remarkable.

Unfortunately, it's not an easy problem to solve...

SixKeys
05-27-2015, 09:58 PM
This is just an idea but what if they restricted forum sign-ups only for people who have a Uplay account?

JamesFaith007
05-27-2015, 10:10 PM
This is just an idea but what if they restricted forum sign-ups only for people who have a Uplay account?

I was thinking about it too but it would probably only slow them. You just need e-mail address for new account and when they are able to create dozens different profiles in hour they would surely continue with Uplay.

By my opinion only working solution would be fixed time, minimally 14 days, restriction between registration and creating new thread. They are making money on these spam thread so they would have to move away or losing money during this month. Even temporarily, lets say 3 months, should be enough.

But Ubi should start with this restriction now before Syndicate is out and bunch of new fans came here.

Sushiglutton
05-27-2015, 10:14 PM
You guys don't get it, it's supposed to be symbolic! As Ubi has runned the franchise into the ground, by greedy overexploitation, the remaining wasteland is only roamed by bitter fans and zombie spammers.

Democrito_71
05-27-2015, 10:14 PM

100% agree with you mate.

Count me in, these spam attacks have been going on for months now and the spams are more aggressive than ever!
These spam attacks might even make several forum members leave the forums due to this problem.

Great idea! :cool:

This might make it more difficult for spammers to create multiple accounts.

Mr_Shade, what do you think of this idea??

Sorrosyss
05-27-2015, 10:16 PM
We seem to have these discussions each week now. :(

Another suggestion, how about an account has to have at least ten Uplay points to post? This would need the spammers to actually own and have played a game at some point. Would make their constant creation of accounts near useless, and keep actual gamers able to post.

Democrito_71
05-27-2015, 10:21 PM

Another suggestion, how about an account has to have at least ten Uplay points to post? This would need the spammers to actually own and have played a game at some point. Would make their constant creation of accounts near usekess, and keep actual gamers able to post.

I think it to be able to post on the forums, the accounts connected to Uplay should at least have Uplay 200 points and to own 3 Ubisoft games that are connected to play.

JamesFaith007
05-27-2015, 10:21 PM

Another suggestion, how about an account has to have at least ten Uplay points to post? This would need the spammers to actually own and have played a game at some point. Would make their constant creation of accounts near useless, and keep actual gamers able to post.

Well, this should work better but what about people with older games like PoP or first Splintercells? Uplay points are "relatively" new comparing to games produced by Ubi. Maybe I'm wrong but AC1 hadn't Uplay points too.

Sorrosyss
05-27-2015, 10:25 PM
Well, this should work better but what about people with older games like PoP or first Splintercells? Uplay points are "relatively" new comparing to games produced by Ubi. Maybe I'm wrong but AC1 hadn't Uplay points too.

Mmm, good point. Maybe they could credit ten points to all accounts over a few years old, and which have a zero point balance? The spammers are all likely recent accounts only at a guess.

D.I.D.
05-27-2015, 10:27 PM
It is irritating, but I doubt anybody is more annoyed about this than the mods/admins who have to clean it up many times a day.

bitebug2003
05-27-2015, 10:29 PM
I think the Web team are well aware of the issue, but as has already been pointed out, there is no simple solution.

We try our best to get rid of them as soon as they appear but we also have lives and aren't always around.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/Bitebug2003/TFR3A.gif

I-Like-Pie45
05-27-2015, 10:33 PM
I think a military invasion of Baba Ji's homeland should do the trick

JamesFaith007
05-27-2015, 10:36 PM
I think a military invasion of Baba Ji's homeland should do the trick

I wouldn't dare to invade land full of black magic and very manly man on many pills making them even more manly.

I-Like-Pie45
05-27-2015, 10:39 PM
I wouldn't dare to invade land full of black magic and very manly man on many pills making them even more manly.

fight fire with fire

just send in Connor juiced up on great willow tea and Edward clad in Mayan armor

SixKeys
05-27-2015, 10:41 PM
I think the Web team are well aware of the issue, but as has already been pointed out, there is no simple solution.

We try our best to get rid of them as soon as they appear but we also have lives and aren't always around.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/Bitebug2003/TFR3A.gif

I don't think anyone is blaming the mods, it's the system that's broken and people are willing to offer suggestions. Personally I think the prerequisite of needing a Uplay account with at least one game in it is a good one. Even if it doesn't apply to older games like AC1, most people have at least one Uplay-enabled game in their library. If nothing else, it would slow things down.

Locopells
05-28-2015, 12:06 AM
It is irritating, but I doubt anybody is more annoyed about this than the mods/admins who have to clean it up many times a day.

Ain't that the truth...

ze_topazio
05-28-2015, 12:33 AM
Meanwhile in Best Korea

http://imgur.com/NW9KxB8.jpg

Nerdman3000
05-28-2015, 12:40 AM
I was thinking about it too but it would probably only slow them. You just need e-mail address for new account and when they are able to create dozens different profiles in hour they would surely continue with Uplay.

By my opinion only working solution would be fixed time, minimally 14 days, restriction between registration and creating new thread. They are making money on these spam thread so they would have to move away or losing money during this month. Even temporarily, lets say 3 months, should be enough.

But Ubi should start with this restriction now before Syndicate is out and bunch of new fans came here.

I think that might be a good idea. I'm really getting annoyed by all these spammers. Perhaps prevent people from creating a topic for a certain amount of time, but maybe allow people to still post in other threads so new users aren't so limited? Or would that cause more problems?

I-Like-Pie45
05-28-2015, 12:59 AM
Make it so only senior members or mods can make threads

ofc, this prob would just cause the spambots to start filling up those threads

Namikaze_17
05-28-2015, 01:28 AM
You guys don't get it, it's supposed to be symbolic! As Ubi has runned the franchise into the ground, by greedy overexploitation, the remaining wasteland is only roamed by bitter fans and zombie spammers.

Most true words i've heard today.

ze_topazio
05-28-2015, 01:49 AM

They have in certain occasions attacked threads too.

Shahkulu101
05-28-2015, 02:49 AM
Make it so each time you have to post, it costs Uplay points.

pirate1802
05-28-2015, 04:01 AM

I laughed, for real :D

Mr_Shade
05-28-2015, 10:28 AM

Indeed.

The team are looking into a solution, but in the mean time - you guys will have to bear with us while we manually remove the threads.

Sushiglutton
05-28-2015, 08:09 PM
I laughed, for real :D

Well, sometimes you just have to embrace what you have become ;)!

phoenix-force411
05-29-2015, 02:53 AM
I like the BioWare Forums. They require you to have their games to even post in the forums. T'is not greedy at all. No Spams.

bitebug2003
05-29-2015, 01:44 PM
I like the BioWare Forums. They require you to have their games to even post in the forums. T'is not greedy at all. No Spams.

That's true

MongoosE97
05-29-2015, 02:13 PM

The problem with this is there's a lot of people who run into a problem in a game, be it getting stuck, confused, or a technical issue, and make an account on the forums in order to make a thread to ask for help. They wouldn't be able to do this anymore. You could make a specific help thread but then people's problems would likely be lost in a flood of other problems.

pacmanate
05-29-2015, 04:25 PM
This is why I stopped coming here for a week.

Something that could help is Limited threads made by people to 2 a day.

EmptyCrustacean
05-29-2015, 06:07 PM
People have thrown out countless of great suggestions. Some update on what the mods are doing to combat this spam problem would be helpful.

phoenix-force411
05-29-2015, 07:22 PM
The problem with this is there's a lot of people who run into a problem in a game, be it getting stuck, confused, or a technical issue, and make an account on the forums in order to make a thread to ask for help. They wouldn't be able to do this anymore. You could make a specific help thread but then people's problems would likely be lost in a flood of other problems.

I think game registration will work better. I spend more time on the BioWare Forums because of the spam here, but also because there are more to talk about there, anyways. Game registration will work better, because it restricts users until they register a particular game to be able to post in that particular game's forum. Of course, this may cause the Ubi Forums to create multiple forums for the games or they could just continue to have one general forum for all of the games.

pacmanate
05-29-2015, 08:06 PM
People have thrown out countless of great suggestions. Some update on what the mods are doing to combat this spam problem would be helpful.

This "issue" has been "looked in to" for god knows how long and nothing is being done.

I WANT to be back here. But I can't take that everytime I come on here theres about 3 pages of SPAM

bitebug2003
05-29-2015, 08:37 PM
This "issue" has been "looked in to" for god knows how long and nothing is being done.

I WANT to be back here. But I can't take that everytime I come on here theres about 3 pages of SPAM

Of course something is being done, but as has already been stated it's not a simple solution, and furthermore Mr_Shade already pointed out the following.

The team are looking into a solution, but in the mean time - you guys will have to bear with us while we manually remove the threads.

Sushiglutton
05-29-2015, 10:27 PM
How about auto banning the use of chinese symbols, or strings like "call 41324123412"?

Ureh
05-30-2015, 09:29 AM
How about auto banning the use of chinese symbols, or strings like "call 41324123412"?

Most of the spam looks Korean, I think.

And it seems like other forums are currently under attack from the same group.

EmptyCrustacean
05-30-2015, 12:07 PM
In n other forum would you find endless pages of spam that went on for so many weeks. If it's all too much for the mods maybe you should get some more mods. It's not hard.

EmptyCrustacean
05-30-2015, 02:48 PM
Clearly it's too much for the mods to be managing both the regular posts and the spam as well.
Maybe we should all leave for about 2 weeks to give them the time to focus all the efforts on it?

bitebug2003
05-30-2015, 07:00 PM
EmptyCrustacean,

Creating another thread about the spam situation isn't helpful.

NondairyGold
05-31-2015, 01:02 PM
You guy's/gal's have a tough enough job as it is, without people duplicate threads, but on the flipside you seem to let a notorious spammer do as they please because of their high post count

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1145561-Which-Assassin-s-Creed-games-had-the-best-dogs?p=10816670#post10816670

Double standards? Spam is spam whether humorous or not and there's no place for it. This place used to be the place to come to discuss everything AC, now it's going the way of the dodo, the AC reddit is fast becoming the place to be.

EmptyCrustacean
05-31-2015, 01:30 PM
EmptyCrustacean,

Creating another thread about the spam situation isn't helpful.

Neither is ignoring the countless suggestions from posters here to counter it. :/

SixKeys
05-31-2015, 01:41 PM
You guy's/gal's have a tough enough job as it is, without people duplicate threads, but on the flipside you seem to let a notorious spammer do as they please because of their high post count

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1145561-Which-Assassin-s-Creed-games-had-the-best-dogs?p=10816670#post10816670

Double standards? Spam is spam whether humorous or not and there's no place for it. This place used to be the place to come to discuss everything AC, now it's going the way of the dodo, the AC reddit is fast becoming the place to be.

Pie doesn't post in every thread and his posts are never malicious. Hardly "notorious".

bitebug2003
05-31-2015, 02:05 PM
Neither is ignoring the countless suggestions from posters here to counter it. :/

Who says they're being ignored.

Mr_Shade replied in the thread did he not?

We can't just recruit mods on the fly, that's not how it works, and if any of the 'countless suggestions' were feasible (without impairing the legitimate user's ability to post without restrictions) they would have been implemented.

As for the spam being too much for us to handle - that's your opinion.

---

As for Pie, I'd rather have 10 of his/her contributory posts than 10 spam posts

Post counts mean nothing - it's the content of those posts that speak volumes -- besides I like pie...

EmptyCrustacean
05-31-2015, 03:04 PM

There's nothing wrong or malicious with that post. Let's not use this thread as a platform to have a go at posters we're not keen on.

EmptyCrustacean
05-31-2015, 03:12 PM
Who says they're being ignored.

Mr_Shade replied in the thread did he not?

We can't just recruit mods on the fly, that's not how it works, and if any of the 'countless suggestions' were feasible (without impairing the legitimate user's ability to post without restrictions) they would have been implemented.

As for the spam being too much for us to handle - that's your opinion.

---

Post counts mean nothing - it's the content of those posts that speak volumes -- besides I like pie...

Ok, bitebug, but you must understand plenty of other forums manage to evade spam. Surely there is some research you can invest in to combat this? It's just not practical for you to be manually removing page after page of spam everyday. I know you're doing your best but this can't continue.

When you ban fms do you ban IP address or account? Because if you did it by IP address surely the spammer wouldn't be able to bypass the ban unless they''re operating from different computers?

Also, could you explain to us why it wouldn't be feasible to adopt the 'one game on the uplay account rule'?

bitebug2003
05-31-2015, 03:44 PM
Ok, bitebug, but you must understand plenty of other forums manage to evade spam. Surely there is some research you can invest in to combat this? It's just not practical for you to be manually removing page after page of spam everyday. I know you're doing your best but this can't continue.

When you ban fms do you ban IP address or account? Because if you did it by IP address surely the spammer wouldn't be able to bypass the ban unless they''re operating from different computers?

Also, could you explain to us why it wouldn't be feasible to adopt the 'one game on the uplay account rule'?

As I've said before the Web Team are well aware of the issue and are investing a lot of time and energy in to combating the issue, I've been a Ubisoft Moderator for almost 12 years and this is an unprecedented situation.

These are professional people, they use a manner of tools to circumvent IP addresses, so they can easily come back on a different IP from the same computer despite the method of ban imposed

As for 'minimum one game per Uplay account rule', that would most likely require an overhaul of the Uplay infrastructure, but only the Web Team could answer that with certainty.

(it's been quiet today) *touch wood

Sushiglutton
05-31-2015, 03:51 PM
I really don't get the spammers. Why post in a language noone on the forum understands? Also the amount of posts makes it obv less likely someone will fall for it. Why all the use of weird symbols?

I'm thinking of changing career to spam-trainer :p

NondairyGold
05-31-2015, 08:41 PM
Pie doesn't post in every thread and his posts are never malicious. Hardly "notorious".

Yeah, notorious was a bit harsh! At worst it's spam, trolling would probably be more appropriate. The point I was trying to make is; what's good for the goose is good for the gander. The forum rules are there to be enforced and they're not being done to their full extent at the moment. I'm not having a go at anybody, I'm just using pie as an example.

I have nothing against pie, I find a lot of their posts quite funny, I was just making a point. And I agree that the content of posts does speak volumes. A lot of their posts are waffle or trollish, and therefore, are against the forum rules. Again I have to say this, I have nothing against pie, I too like pie! But if you have rules then they should be implemented, regardless of post count or how well liked you are.

pacmanate
05-31-2015, 10:28 PM
Agree with NonDairyGold. A lot of Pies posts are comic book spam or just irrelevant comments. These should be treated as spam but I see favouritism.

EmptyCrustacean
05-31-2015, 10:34 PM
Agree with NonDairyGold. A lot of Pies posts are comic book spam or just irrelevant comments. These should be treated as spam but I see favouritism.

It's not "spam" or "trolling" when:

a) It's on topic
b) It's meant to be ironic
c) Everyone is in on the joke

You can't compare Pie's post to foreign language thread after thread about "love spells" or whatever the frick it is.

pacmanate
05-31-2015, 10:40 PM
It's not "spam" or "trolling" when:

a) It's on topic
b) It's meant to be ironic
c) Everyone is in on the joke

You can't compare Pie's post to foreign language thread after thread about "love spells" or whatever the frick it is.

No, but I can talk about spam. Also I dont think joking about incest is a "joke" that "everyone is in on". It's disgusting.

bitebug2003
05-31-2015, 10:49 PM
No, but I can talk about spam. Also I dont think joking about incest is a "joke" that "everyone is in on". It's disgusting.

And those kinds of topics will be dealt with - which I believe it was.

It is actually very simple - there is a triangle under each members profile 'Report Post' - if you feel a post is spam and or what have you, then click it and explain why and said post(s) will be flagged.

EmptyCrustacean
05-31-2015, 10:58 PM

I bet you didn't boycott the series when you realised Cesare had engaged in sexual intercourse with his sister Lucrezia.

***Edited for Content: Changed the wording better suited to an E-rated forum

bitebug2003
05-31-2015, 11:00 PM
EmptyCrustacean,

Please rephrase your post.

pacmanate
05-31-2015, 11:03 PM
I bet you didn't boycott the series when you realised Cesare had engaged in sexual intercourse with his sister Lucrezia.

***Quote revised

No. But I didn't say it was right did I?

bitebug2003
05-31-2015, 11:20 PM
Reminder,

The Ubisoft forums are E-rated and some of the wording used was unsuitable but has now been changed.

Take care with posting in future.

Thanks

EmptyCrustacean
05-31-2015, 11:22 PM
Reminder,

The Ubisoft forums are E-rated and some of the wording used was unsuitable but has now been changed.

Take care with posting in future.

Thanks

Just seen this. Apologies.

Shahkulu101
06-01-2015, 12:37 AM
I would like to take this opportunity to lend my support to Pie and his continued existence on these forums.

#SaveTheBear

Namikaze_17
06-01-2015, 12:46 AM
I would like to take this opportunity to lend my support to Pie and his continued existence on these forums.

#SaveTheBear

He's a dog now. :rolleyes:

I-Like-Pie45
06-01-2015, 12:51 AM
He's a dog now. :rolleyes:

It's only temporary while Brian is on his California vacation. I don't really like AC but he's paying me good to post for him.

Anyway as far as the spam topic goes, does anyone think it's a good idea to try typing recaptchas before posting again? It didn't really work out last time, but who knows?

Shahkulu101
06-01-2015, 12:55 AM
Won't work because amazingly the spam is the work of human beings.

Although, 'human' might be a complimentary term for such vermin.

TO_M
06-03-2015, 01:18 PM
Ughh, having to go through 9 pages of spam to reach the normal threads is always fun.

This reeks of amateur hour.

SofaJockey
06-09-2015, 02:38 PM
In all honesty I spend time on the forums from BioWare, Bethesda, CDPR.
None of them have this issue.

I wish there was something we could do, it must be irritating to the mods too...

EmptyCrustacean
06-14-2015, 10:55 AM
Wow! 16 pages of spam lol is that a record?

SofaJockey
06-14-2015, 11:08 AM
Do I want to click through (now 17) pages of spam to see the threads?
No.

I'm sure the poor mods will clean it up and then tomorrow morning the spammers will be back.

EmptyCrustacean
06-14-2015, 11:13 AM
Do I want to click through (now 17) pages of spam to see the threads?
No.

I'm sure the poor mods will clean it up and then tomorrow morning the spammers will be back.

That's been the routine for weeks now and it seems no permanent solution is in sight.
As many have pointed out, you don't get this on other gaming forums. Maybe the mods should look at what the other forums do to combat spam and follow suit.

Mr_Shade
06-15-2015, 09:58 AM
That's been the routine for weeks now and it seems no permanent solution is in sight.
As many have pointed out, you don't get this on other gaming forums. Maybe the mods should look at what the other forums do to combat spam and follow suit.

As posted before - the forum admin team, are investigating methods of stopping this - however due to the way they do this, anything we do will likely impact every user, this is unavoidable - so they are being careful about it and taking their time about what they put in place.

We have several anti spam measures all ready in place and working, however since these spammers are people - they can find ways round [or simply answer the Capchas to post, which is in place for new users]

During E3 we are pulling in some more moderators, so hopefully during the times these people are available - the forums should be spam free

Locopells
06-15-2015, 11:00 AM
I'll certainly be on post as much as possible.

strigoi1958
06-15-2015, 02:10 PM
It is difficult without affecting us I guess. I did think that maybe limiting how many threads we can start to 2 until a moderator had verified the new account, might help. because they would have to keep making new accounts after 2 threads. It might not stop them but it might annoy them to have to keep making accounts 8^)

And most new accounts come here to post 1 thread initially for help.

Jackdaw951
06-16-2015, 04:56 PM
As posted before - the forum admin team, are investigating methods of stopping this - however due to the way they do this, anything we do will likely impact every user, this is unavoidable - so they are being careful about it and taking their time about what they put in place.

We have several anti spam measures all ready in place and working, however since these spammers are people - they can find ways round [or simply answer the Capchas to post, which is in place for new users]

During E3 we are pulling in some more moderators, so hopefully during the times these people are available - the forums should be spam free

I don't understand why it's so difficult. Here's my suggestion one more time:

If no moderator is active, no new accounts may be created. Attempts would get a polite reply saying to try again later.

That, basically, is it. That would solve everything, assuming the spam accounts get outright banned immediately upon detection. Existing users could still log in and post at any time.

strigoi1958
06-16-2015, 05:01 PM
TBH the spam seems to get removed often and quickly nowadays...plus I kinda jump to my subscribed threads first

JamesFaith007
06-16-2015, 06:59 PM
I don't understand why it's so difficult. Here's my suggestion one more time:

If no moderator is active, no new accounts may be created. Attempts would get a polite reply saying to try again later.

That, basically, is it. That would solve everything, assuming the spam accounts get outright banned immediately upon detection. Existing users could still log in and post at any time.

Wouldn't work.They would simply made accounts in moderator time and spam later. These thread are work of real people so they are able to adapt. I even saw ironic remark from one of this account in thread similar to this one where he made fun from captcha.

And do you see how fast they are? They are able to make 20 account per hour and every account is able to create spam thread every 2,3 minutes so even during "mods - online" time they would continue. It would only little slow them down so instead 16 pages of spam there would be 10 of it.

These spam attacks are work of greater organised group and unfortunately your idea would work only against bots or very small group. Also this mod-online protection would only show them when mods are not here if they don't already know, and paradoxically made their work easier.

Defalt221
06-16-2015, 07:05 PM
Yeah as well as clogging up the forums it's really slowed down activity too. The fact that the forums are even as active as they are now is remarkable.

Unfortunately, it's not an easy problem to solve...

Are you guys referring to those posts with odd languages? Maybe add a thread bot to delete posts with odd languages... I know it's nowhere that simple. Just dreaming things.

EmptyCrustacean
06-19-2015, 08:54 AM
New record: 22 pages of spam.

Jackdaw951
06-19-2015, 11:52 AM
Wouldn't work.They would simply made accounts in moderator time and spam later. These thread are work of real people so they are able to adapt. I even saw ironic remark from one of this account in thread similar to this one where he made fun from captcha.

And do you see how fast they are? They are able to make 20 account per hour and every account is able to create spam thread every 2,3 minutes so even during "mods - online" time they would continue. It would only little slow them down so instead 16 pages of spam there would be 10 of it.

These spam attacks are work of greater organised group and unfortunately your idea would work only against bots or very small group. Also this mod-online protection would only show them when mods are not here if they don't already know, and paradoxically made their work easier.

That has solutions too. For example, **** or get off the pot: Post within an hour of creating an account, or it gets deleted automatically. Limited posts per day for new accounts. Moderated queues. I agree that captchas are worse than worthless. They make things difficult for legitimate users, while not stopping these alien miscreants.

However it's done, the people handling the website need to do something. It seems to me that they are doing nothing. I go to plenty of heavily traveled sites every day, and none of their MBs are in this disgraceful state.

bitebug2003
06-19-2015, 02:06 PM
As has been pointed out MANY times already the Ubisoft Web Team are aware, and are doing everything they can to resolve the situation without inconveniencing the rest of the Community.

Keeping tabs on the number of pages of spam is not helpful.

EmptyCrustacean
06-20-2015, 10:40 AM
As has been pointed out MANY times already the Ubisoft Web Team are aware, and are doing everything they can to resolve the situation without inconveniencing the rest of the Community.

Keeping tabs on the number of pages of spam is not helpful.

Um, how is it unhelpful?! You had a point about me starting a separate thread about the spam only contributing to the problem but now this is about you trying to shut people up for being annoyed at the state of the forum. Doing a spam count is a fun way of getting through a tough time. it also bumps the thread so that people can have a discussion and make suggestions about what can be done seeing as you're clearly struggling right now to find a solution.

Mr_Shade
06-20-2015, 11:00 AM
Um, how is it unhelpful?! You had a point about me starting a separate thread about the spam only contributing to the problem but now this is about you trying to shut people up for being annoyed at the state of the forum. Doing a spam count is a fun way of getting through a tough time. it also bumps the thread so that people can have a discussion and make suggestions about what can be done seeing as you're clearly struggling right now to find a solution.

Well, to be honest - it does not help - so if that's what this thread is turning into, just a count of pages of spam - or one to unnecessarily berate and attack the work of one of the moderators who ARE removing spam as fast as possible, it can be locked.

No need to start waving a flag shouting 'censorship' when in fact there is none...

Is there an issue with spam - [YES] that the TEAM [not an individual] is working to resolve.

Can this thread offer suggestions on how to stop it? [NO] - since with ALL due respect, members don't have the knowledge of the forum setup /back end or how this works and certainly not ability to alter things - so all of the suggestions posted - just seem to cause frustration to you and others when they are not instantly applied.

Staff have posted explaining why things are the way they are - which seem to be ignored.

Spam is being dealt with - please bear with us while this happens - and they are trying methods to stop it completely.

Thanks!