PDA

View Full Version : Easier to shoot down German planes?

XyZspineZyX
07-03-2003, 06:33 PM
After i completed a Russian campaign,i started a German one and discovered that my aimimg is much worse when i fly German planes.Does anyone have a clue ,or is it just me?

XyZspineZyX
07-03-2003, 06:33 PM
After i completed a Russian campaign,i started a German one and discovered that my aimimg is much worse when i fly German planes.Does anyone have a clue ,or is it just me?

XyZspineZyX
07-03-2003, 06:39 PM
The German planes do require a certain amount of "gettin used to" in the gunnery department. Some German planes definitely are better gun platforms than others, but most are markedly different than VVS planes.

Like most things: more practice = higher skill

http://home.earthlink.net/~aclzkim1/_uimages/TBolt.jpg

XyZspineZyX
07-03-2003, 06:41 PM
I can aim fine with the Bf-109, but the FW planes have a such an oversensitive steering.

XyZspineZyX
07-03-2003, 07:06 PM
verde13 wrote:
- After i completed a Russian campaign,i started a
- German one and discovered that my aimimg is much
- worse when i fly German planes.Does anyone have a
- clue ,or is it just me?

The reasons:
1) german bullets spread more over distance
2) german bullets slow down faster
3) the Revi sight feels too small.
4) 7.92MG's do no damage at all against some planes, unless you kill the pilot and
5) MG151/20 and Mk108 cannons are undermodelled on the damage department.

1, 2, 4 and 5 will (probably) be tuned in the patch ;-)

So basically wait until the enemy plane fills the sight, THEN start shooting. With russian 20mm's and MG's you can start earlier and usually get some hits.

Message Edited on 07/03/0306:06PM by Werre_

XyZspineZyX
07-03-2003, 07:17 PM
Some Russian planes like:

Yak's
I-153/16
LaGG's

take much more rounds than for example 109's do. It is a clear bug from already times of original game. It has been improved quite a bit but problems still remain. Especially with small caliber ammunition which is absolutely useles against LaGG and I-16 as mentioned before.

-jippo

XyZspineZyX
07-03-2003, 07:22 PM
Jippo01 wrote:
- Some Russian planes like:
- Yak's
- I-153/16
- LaGG's
- take much more rounds than for example 109's do. It
- is a clear bug from already times of original game.
- It has been improved quite a bit but problems still
- remain. Especially with small caliber ammunition
- which is absolutely useles against LaGG and I-16 as
- mentioned before.

LaGG was quite a rugged plane (more than P40 according to Soviets), but yaks were weak from construction point of view and with poor pilot and fuel tanks protection.

And the VVS planes have better gunsights for deflection shooting, buullets have flatter trajectories (in some cases it was true), less annoying muzzle flashes (but La-7 3xB20 is real pain) and the gunshake in Bf109 is really terrible.

-------------

"The picture repeats itself when operations, which began with great intent and local successes, degenerated into senseless, wild hammering at fixed front-line positions once they encounter initial heavy losses and unforeseen situations. This incomprehensible phenomenon appears again and again. But, even in extremis, the Russian is never logical; he falls back on his natural instinct, and the nature of the Russian is to use mass, steamroller tactics, and adherence to given objectives without regard to changing situations."

German 9th Army report after repulsing the Soviet offensive "Mars" in Rzhev bulge, December 1942.

XyZspineZyX
07-03-2003, 07:28 PM
jurinko wrote:
-
- LaGG was quite a rugged plane (more than P40
- according to Soviets), but yaks were weak from
- construction point of view and with poor pilot and
- fuel tanks protection.

True, but I bet it wasn't invulnerable to 7.92mm ammunition. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

All is relative, and I do not see any reason for example for Yak being any more resistant to damage than 109. It was lighter and had much lower never exceed speed, so according to my logic it shouldn't at least be sturdier than 109 as it is now by a good margin. Also to my understanding especially the early models were put in to action before they were ready and suffered some structural damage in flight alone.

-jippo

XyZspineZyX
07-03-2003, 07:49 PM
I once landed 35 20mm hits into a Yak-3 with my D-9, only to watch it fly around as if nothing happened.

I was not amused.

http://people.aero.und.edu/~choma/lrg0645.jpg

"We are now in a position of inferiority...There is no doubt in my mind, nor in the minds of my fighter pilots, that the FW190 is the best all-round fighter in the world today."

Sholto Douglas, 17 July 1942

====================================
"I hit you so hard there would be tiny little ME-109's flying in circles around your head" - USAFHelos
====================================

XyZspineZyX
07-04-2003, 05:57 AM
More than once ,i have used up all my ammo against YAKs to cause some huge holes and not managing to bring them down.Also if you don't hit the pilot or the engine it it impossible to shoot down a Russian ,at least in a 109.

XyZspineZyX
07-04-2003, 06:10 AM
Try to focus on 1 area of the enemy plane so your ammo wont get wasted. such as the wing root.

Or go for a PK lol

<Body bgcolor="red">

http://www.vfa25.com/griffon/newsig.jpg

www.vfa25.com (http://www.vfa25.com/)

XyZspineZyX
07-04-2003, 06:46 AM
So you want me to aim at a specific part of a plane while going 300-400 KPH all without a crosshair? Are you insane?

XyZspineZyX
07-04-2003, 06:48 AM
Yosumi wrote:
- So you want me to aim at a specific part of a plane
- while going 300-400 KPH all without a crosshair? Are
- you insane?
-
-

you absolutely must aim at specific parts of the plane

if you cannot do it practice in QMB at quarter speed until you can

.. why on earth dont you have a crosshair ?????

XyZspineZyX
07-04-2003, 10:11 AM
When I managed to kill a YAK-3 it was only out of sheer luck I tell you, and I was using a MK-108 every time, when I killed it I think I had hit him in the engine because I saw him go in great ball of fire but problem is his comrade jumped me like a swarm of angry hornet and my wingmates simply did squat while I couldn't shake those 3 YAK-3 that were on my 6, normally if I'd manage to get to a higher altitude than 3000 ft I should have gotten the advantage but they were just too fast.

XyZspineZyX
07-04-2003, 10:46 AM
there is a difference between LW and VVS machine guns/cannons - I was online the other day in a Yak 9U and took a 109 out with the last burst from my machine gun (cannon was spent) and must have been less than a second's worth.

I couldn't have done that the other way round though, but get close enough and most VVS planes will explode, off line at least.

Still I gather that the whole damage effect of LW guns is to be addressed in the patch so am hoping this will only be a temporary problem.

XyZspineZyX
07-04-2003, 10:50 AM
Germany had better weapons then the russians but since Oleg is russian he wants to make them look the best :|

Yours
Killjoy

Killjoy2k2 a Nominee for the "Funniest community member" in The UBISOFT Community Awards 2002

<A HREF="Http://Www.Lamby.Tk/" TARGET=_blank>
http://www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft/forum/attachment.php3?s=&postid=57518
</A>
Visit Lamby3D at...
Lamby.tk (Http://www.Lamby.tk)
Visit Lamby3D Forums at...
Lamby-3D Forums (Http://www.3dhangout.com/cgi-bin/Blah/Blah.pl?,v=mindex,b=Lamby3dtalk)
KKS Forums (Http://members.lycos.co.uk/killjoyskillshack/forums/)

"All praise Killjoy!!!" - oFZo

Run, and I will see you.
Hide, and I will find you.
Fight, and I will kill you.
Terror from all directions.

UbiSoft's Angel
Killjoy2k2 , Killjoy , and dont forget YER!!! and maybe a MER!!!"

XyZspineZyX
07-04-2003, 11:09 AM
My best result against Yak 3 was 3 shot down. It was in the IL-2 German campaign, last mission. But then I used no-cockpit, no overheating and unlimited ammo. in Me109G6/AS. But I think One of them ate a five second burst of everything, before desintegrating. And yes, I had to use B&Z cuz 3 times earlier i used T&B. They got me in the end of the 1st turn, bang, my wing broke off, such stuff. But I cant do it anymore. I use now cockpit.

http://home.wanadoo.nl/wana.mail1/Op****/WurgerwhinerLogo.jpg

"An attack against a unit of Flying Fortresses was something like controlled suicide...Sometimes 50, Sometimes 80 machine guns were firing at you... You attempted to close you eyes & continue to fire, Frightened to death, Frightened to death."

Oberst Johannes Steinhoff (176 kills)

1C Ankanor, Defender Of The Truth

XyZspineZyX
07-04-2003, 11:14 AM
He-111 = easy kills

Yours
Killjoy

Killjoy2k2 a Nominee for the "Funniest community member" in The UBISOFT Community Awards 2002

<A HREF="Http://Www.Lamby.Tk/" TARGET=_blank>
http://www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft/forum/attachment.php3?s=&postid=57518
</A>
Visit Lamby3D at...
Lamby.tk (Http://www.Lamby.tk)
Visit Lamby3D Forums at...
Lamby-3D Forums (Http://www.3dhangout.com/cgi-bin/Blah/Blah.pl?,v=mindex,b=Lamby3dtalk)
KKS Forums (Http://members.lycos.co.uk/killjoyskillshack/forums/)

"All praise Killjoy!!!" - oFZo

Run, and I will see you.
Hide, and I will find you.
Fight, and I will kill you.
Terror from all directions.

UbiSoft's Angel
Killjoy2k2 , Killjoy , and dont forget YER!!! and maybe a MER!!!"

XyZspineZyX
07-04-2003, 12:14 PM
Killjoy2k2 wrote:
- Germany had better weapons then the russians but
- since Oleg is russian he wants to make them look the
- best /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Yes... of course... that's a clear and logical analysis. Bravo! Do you have any other gems, you'd like to share?

cheers/slush

http://dk.groups.yahoo.com/group/aktivitetsdage/files/Eurotrolls.gif

You can't handle the truth!
Col. Jessep

XyZspineZyX
07-04-2003, 01:55 PM
Yosumi wrote:
- So you want me to aim at a specific part of a plane
- while going 300-400 KPH all without a crosshair? Are
- you insane?
-
-

Hit Shift-F1.

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

<center>
http://home.comcast.net/~argylestransom/Pics/A10Bun.jpg

Waiting for Lomac
</center>

XyZspineZyX
07-04-2003, 02:07 PM
After about 40 missions,i have 29 kills which were achieved either by hitting the pilot,either by setting the engine on fire.Not once have i managed to shoot down a Russian plane by snaping its wing.