PDA

View Full Version : Adverse yaw

pa_32
01-18-2004, 05:30 PM
When making turns in a Yak-3 it appears I do not experience any slip as indicated by the ball in my turn indicator. It remains centered. Coming out of a high angle of attack climbing turn does show adverse yaw and I can slideslip the airplane and decrease the rate of decent maintaining the same airspeed as expected.

When I fly the Bf109-K4 the ball in the turn indicator behaves more as I would expect down to the torque affect when adding power.

Was the real world Yak designed with these affects at a minimum or is the Yak IL2 flight model not as true as it's Bf-109 counterpart ?

pa_32
01-18-2004, 05:30 PM
When making turns in a Yak-3 it appears I do not experience any slip as indicated by the ball in my turn indicator. It remains centered. Coming out of a high angle of attack climbing turn does show adverse yaw and I can slideslip the airplane and decrease the rate of decent maintaining the same airspeed as expected.

When I fly the Bf109-K4 the ball in the turn indicator behaves more as I would expect down to the torque affect when adding power.

Was the real world Yak designed with these affects at a minimum or is the Yak IL2 flight model not as true as it's Bf-109 counterpart ?

01-18-2004, 07:28 PM
Agree 100%.

There should be more adverse yaw.
There should be more torque.
There should be more CEM effect like spark plug fouling and exhaust stack fires.
There should be realistic transient effects during accelerated maneuver (snap roll, aileron snatch, control force reversal, etc)

Some of these effects exist in the sim but are reduced... probably because of novice pilot complaints. Other effects like CEM and detailed FM are waiting for the "next sim".

pa_32
01-19-2004, 10:23 AM
cosmokart,

trishndoug@hotmail.com

Thanks for the reply. Are you a real world pilot as I am?

LeadSpitter_
01-19-2004, 11:08 AM
bump, we are desperatly in need of more realistic movement, stickpressures, airframe stress, slowed reverse roll, adverse yaw, and torque effects.

maybe in bob they will setup 3 fm difficulty settings since more people want a arcadish flightsim.

The small ammount of us who want the most realism are suffering in 1.21

http://www.geocities.com/leadspittersig/LSIG.txt
VIEW MY PAINTSCHEMES HERE (http://www.il2skins.com/?planeidfilter=all&planefamilyfilter=all&screenshotfilter=allskins&countryidfilter=all&authoridfilter=%3ALeadspitter%3A&historicalidfilter=all&Submit=+++Apply+filters++&action=list&ts=1072257400)