PDA

View Full Version : UBI proives its Incompetence..Again...AceExpansion ScrewUp this time

OberstWileyII
03-03-2004, 11:17 PM
Can you fools at UBI do ANYthing right??? Unbelievable how totally incompetent you are...

$30 for a screwed up Addon, which many/most can't even get to install right...and messes up others totally...

HUGE distasdter for UBI AND OLEG!!! He/they want to start selling ADD-ONS... We, mostly supported, and WANTED to PAY for this one!!!!

You BLEW IT Ubi...and Oleg...! Killed a large part of the client market base...

Byt he way, if it hasn't been noticed yet, it appears that Spits and P38's are cool in AEP, but you have to buy the Battle Over Europe separate product(By Oleg's Team/associates) for an additional $30....

Someone smell any rats...and an incompetent gang of them at that, it seems...!!!

http://imagehost.auctionwatch.com/preview/wi/wileycoyote2/IwoJimatiny2.gif (http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~chapman/flightsims/oberstguncam/Movies/SandsOne.WMV)
Click Flag-Raising to see full length version. Click HERE to Visit Wiley's WWII GunCam World (http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~chapman/flightsims/oberstguncam/Frameset/)

OberstWileyII
03-03-2004, 11:17 PM
Can you fools at UBI do ANYthing right??? Unbelievable how totally incompetent you are...

$30 for a screwed up Addon, which many/most can't even get to install right...and messes up others totally...

HUGE distasdter for UBI AND OLEG!!! He/they want to start selling ADD-ONS... We, mostly supported, and WANTED to PAY for this one!!!!

Byt he way, if it hasn't been noticed yet, it appears that Spits and P38's are cool in AEP, but you have to buy the Battle Over Europe separate product(By Oleg's Team/associates) for an additional $30....

Someone smell any rats...and an incompetent gang of them at that, it seems...!!!

http://imagehost.auctionwatch.com/preview/wi/wileycoyote2/IwoJimatiny2.gif (http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~chapman/flightsims/oberstguncam/Movies/SandsOne.WMV)
Click Flag-Raising to see full length version. Click HERE to Visit Wiley's WWII GunCam World (http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~chapman/flightsims/oberstguncam/Frameset/)

arcadeace
03-03-2004, 11:29 PM
My beef is with this site's server. It would be wonderful to send an appropriate picture to you. :(

Bearcat99
03-03-2004, 11:37 PM
Huge disaster??!! ROFLMAO!!! What AEP do you have?

BuzzU
03-03-2004, 11:40 PM
If it had a problem installing. We would all have a problem. It took me 5 minutes, and I was flying.

Buzz
---------------------------------------------------------------------
http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v76/Jamnut/clark19.jpg

RedSpar
03-03-2004, 11:46 PM
$30 bucks buys a crappy dinner for 2 somewhere.

$30 bucks buys 2 tickets and popcorn to a crappy movie.

$30 bucks buys a tank of gas for my crappy car.

$30 bucks buys a pair of crappy jeans.

$30 bucks buys a dozen crappy roses for my wife.

$30 buck buys one great addon for Forgotten Battles which I will get my $30 bucks back in entertainment in spades compared to the previous things I mentioned.

The game installs and plays perfect.

You're doing it wrong Wiley... ;)

(ok $30 for roses for my wife buys me time to play more AEP) :)

http://www.redspar.com/sigs/FBsig.gif

JG26Red
03-03-2004, 11:46 PM
AEP is ****ed up... first it wouldnt install to my D: drive... so i had to remove, then reinstall on my c: drive, then install AEP, all cool right? not... now all i get are timeouts online... i know for a fact nothing to do with my system, just something THEY have to fix... but iam sure, it seems this addon was a bit rushed, because there are alot of messed up parts... me163? doh, it wont start on ground.. oh boy, wonder what programmer got a few hundred bucks a hour to mess that up, or the quality tech who missed it... WOW...

ArgonV
03-03-2004, 11:55 PM
Basicly, the problem lies with the end user here...

People who are having problems are the ones using non-supported add-ons and enhancements, and the ones who have porked copied-over FB installations! So you're blaming UBI and Oleg because you are using their product in a way it wasnt meant to be used!?!? I'm a PC tech and troubleshooter by hobby and trade and I see this all the time. :(

"Go Fly A Kite!"
-Jason R.
Head FS-WWI Project Leader
http://www.ww1sims.com/uploads/logo.jpg
FS-WWI Plane Pack Site (http://argonv.tripod.com/FSWWI_Page/readme.htm)

JG26Red
03-03-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by ArgonV:
Basicly, the problem lies with the end user here...

People who are having problems are the ones using non-supported add-ons and enhancements, and the ones who have porked copied-over FB installations! So you're blaming UBI and Oleg because you are using their product in a way it wasnt meant to be used!?!? I'm a PC tech and troubleshooter by hobby and trade and I see this all the time. :(

"Go Fly A Kite!"
-Jason R.
Head FS-WWI Project Leader
http://www.ww1sims.com/uploads/logo.jpg
FS-WWI Plane Pack Site (http://argonv.tripod.com/FSWWI_Page/readme.htm)

not here buddy... bought FB last year... bought AEP tonight at EB Games... installed via clean install... ISSUES!... psst, iam a pc tech, and can see a rushed product when i see one...

J30Vader
03-04-2004, 12:11 AM
I got rid of the DCG before I installed.

It installed where it was suppossed to over 1.22. And it ran fine.

Just for fun, I deleted it,( FB and AEP ), and installed it over FB 1.0. It runs fine.

The only problem are the timeouts online. Even a fresh install of HL didn't help.

Get rid of the 3rd party stuff first, then install AEP. Then add the 3rd part stuff one at a time. At least that is what I would do.

I don't have the expertise that Argon has, but I suspect he is right. The one to blame is the one you see in the mirror.

F19_Orheim
03-04-2004, 12:29 AM
OberstWileyII you are a sad character if you need to post 100 of these negatives posts here. I think that we who read your posts get the picture after ONE post: You are disappointed. OK Thank you.

I suggest you return the game, get your money back and go and pay 20$ for ONE plane for CFS series. Let the rest of us enjoy this great game.

Red_Russian13
03-04-2004, 12:29 AM
JG26Red...

You can see a rushed product when you see one? Well, if you can see it, I guess you can see it, right? Oh, you mean you know a rushed product when you see one. Gotcha.

Well, I'm not a PC tech, and I've had ABSOLUTELY ZERO problems. None. Zip. Zilch. Wonder why?

Slammin_
03-04-2004, 12:30 AM
The expansion has a pretty lean conf.ini but you can merge most of your existing conf.ini manually. I would not do this until you run il2setup.exe first though. Just running il2setup.exe and setting your net connect speed may be all that's required to fix the timeouts.

JG26Red
03-04-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Slammin_:
The expansion has a pretty lean conf.ini but you can merge most of your existing conf.ini manually. I would not do this until you run il2setup.exe first though. Just running il2setup.exe and setting your net connect speed may be all that's required to fix the timeouts.

i have adjusted them, along a few other NET things in the config.ini... no luck, somebody also suggested adjusting some stuff in the HL config.ini, that didnt help either... dunno if its operating system, ro type of conn or config file, but it seems 50-50 on people who have issue and people who dont...

of course, some people who work fine wanna blame the ones who dont.. ummmmm ok... lol

JG26Red
03-04-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Red_Russian13:
JG26Red...

You can see a rushed product when you see one? Well, if you can see it, I guess you can see it, right? Oh, you mean you know a rushed product when you see one. Gotcha.

Well, I'm not a PC tech, and I've had ABSOLUTELY ZERO problems. None. Zip. Zilch. Wonder why?

you tell me, whats your op system and conn?

Red_Russian13
03-04-2004, 12:43 AM
JG...
I understand your frustration, I've had products not work too. But I never flipped out and started posting all sorts of negative comments on a forum. I would maybe ask for suggestions from other users. Seeing as how we've got tons of pretty smart chaps around here who seem to know their stuff. After that, I'd call tech support. Sure, maybe you'll have to wait until tomorrow, but I've waited before, as I'm sure many other have (I once bought a game only to not be able to play it because the CD Key wasn't in the case, this happened twice, and I had to wait for three days to call tech support.)

I'm not saying your complaints are baseless. And frankly, I don't know why mine works with no problems, installed over 1.22 and yours doesn't work, but the negative tone in your posts is somewhat unfounded I think. But you can post whatever you want. Just don't be upset when others respond in kind.

If I knew anything about this sort of thing, I'd gladly post it for you. I'm running WinXP, 3.2GHz processor, 2GB RAM, ATI Radeon 9800 128mb. Not that that helps you much.

Red Russian

Gianordolli
03-04-2004, 12:48 AM
JG...
I understand your frustration, I've had products not work too. But I never flipped out and started posting all sorts of negative comments on a forum. I would maybe ask for suggestions from other users. Seeing as how we've got tons of pretty smart chaps around here who seem to know their stuff. After that, I'd call tech support. Sure, maybe you'll have to wait until tomorrow, but I've waited before, as I'm sure many other have (I once bought a game only to not be able to play it because the CD Key wasn't in the case, this happened twice, and I had to wait for three days to call tech support.)

I'm not saying your complaints are baseless. And frankly, I don't know why mine works with no problems, installed over 1.22 and yours doesn't work, but the negative tone in your posts is somewhat unfounded I think. But you can post whatever you want. Just don't be upset when others respond in kind.

If I knew anything about this sort of thing, I'd gladly post it for you. I'm running WinXP, 3.2GHz processor, 2GB RAM, ATI Radeon 9800 128mb. Not that that helps you much.

Red Russian

3.2ghz, 2gb ram, radeon 9800 128mbram, are you serious? i surelly understand their frustration

JG26Red
03-04-2004, 12:50 AM
JG...

Red Russian

iam more curious about the op system, you have XP, iam curious what the others that are not working have.

Red_Russian13
03-04-2004, 12:51 AM
Gianordolli....

What do you mean?

Red_Russian13
03-04-2004, 12:51 AM
I thought I read someplace that someone was having problems with Win 98.

necrobaron
03-04-2004, 12:56 AM
What is this drivel? I had mine installed within a matter of minutes with *no* problems. I've been enjoying it ever since.....

"Not all who wander are lost."

Alexi_Alx_Anova
03-04-2004, 01:01 AM
People are getting timeouts when playing online. AEP has new code to protect against online cheats. Can you see a possible link? Either a bug in the code or it's working as it should....

Alexi

JG26Red
03-04-2004, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Alexi_Alx_Anova:
People are getting timeouts when playing online. AEP has new code to protect against online cheats. Can you see a possible link? Either a bug in the code or it's working as it should....

Alexi

no cheat here... dont know how... lol... jsut trying to play the game

Dolemite-
03-04-2004, 01:28 AM
I think Oberst is being sarcastic, I could be wrong though.

Franzen
03-04-2004, 01:56 AM
Oberst,
My suggestion is too calm down and relax. Go out and kill some puppies or kittens. Most of the guys are very happy, therefor, either your copy is corrupt or you are doing something wrong. You can catch more flies with honey.

Fritz

crazyivan1970
03-04-2004, 01:58 AM
User end ... that is :D

V!
Regards,

http://blitzpigs.com/forum/images/smiles/smokin.gif

VFC*Crazyivan aka VFC*HOST

http://www.rmutt.netfirms.com/coop-ivan.jpg

http://www.rmutt.netfirms.com/vfc/home.htm

Kozhedub: In combat potential, the Yak-3, La-7 and La-9 fighters were indisputably superior to the Bf-109s and Fw-190s. But, as they say, no matter how good the violin may be, much depends on the violinist. I always felt respect for an enemy pilot whose plane I failed to down.

flyingskid2
03-04-2004, 08:42 AM
Red,

why don't you post your op system, & specs. you are the one having problems, so let's find out what you have.

JG26Red
03-04-2004, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by flyingskid2:
Red,

why don't you post your op system, & specs. you are the one having problems, so let's find out what you have.

win 98, AMD Tbird 1.3, 512mb ram.. cable modem..

had no issues of timeouts until AEP process.. it has something to do with it... maybe AEP dont like win98 or something... just waiting for a response from oleg...

flyingskid2
03-04-2004, 08:53 AM
that's gotta be it. AEP with 98. I'm running XP, and i bet most people with no problems have XP. what are you doing with a 6 year old OS anyway?

JG26Red
03-04-2004, 08:58 AM
that's gotta be it. AEP with 98. I'm running XP, and i bet most people with no problems have XP. what are you doing with a 6 year old OS anyway?

cause i want too... lol, i shouldnt have to change OSs to make this game work... if so thats bad judgment on them... anyways, you gonna send me the cash to get XP?, my pc has been running perfect for 6 years so, why change something that isnt broke... also i dont have to worry about all them nasty XP bugs that are sent out by hackers.. lol

anyways, in another post OLEGs answer was iam connecting to none AEP or iam a cheater... which both are very incorrect... wow, what a response...

J30Vader
03-04-2004, 09:57 AM

AMD2100, 1gigRAM, WinXP. And I get timeouts just like J26Red does.

JG26Red
03-04-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by J30Vader:

AMD2100, 1gigRAM, WinXP. And I get timeouts just like J26Red does.

something to do with our configs or our actually connections... how do you connect? my cable modem has at times a weak signal, and i think the new cheater stuff is thinking iam cheating when it gets kinda weak... which if is the case iam screwed unless oleg tones them down.... but again, never had 1 timeout when on 1.22

mortoma
03-04-2004, 10:32 AM
I had some problems and had to reinstal everything , then AEP but it is going ok and I have all my old campaigns. Only had to rest some prefs and IL2setup.exe stuff. But I'm not *****ing, am I??
Actually very satisfied so far. But if the Me-163 Komet will not start from the ground I guess I will be a tiny disappointed at Maddox. But still overall satisifed. Besides, if there is a problem such as the Komet problem, then give Maddox some time to fix it. Everybody screws up sometimes, even Maddox. They are all humans at Ubi.

mortoma
03-04-2004, 10:38 AM

That don't gotta be it!! I have never had any problems with Win98 and I am running AEP just fine. Windows 98 is mentioned as one of the
OS's it's compatible with. Or can you read???
My box says:
Supported Os: Windows 98/ME/XP/2000(only)

At least Windows 98 doesn't have the activation problems. I can install it on as many computers as I want!!!!

Teufel_Eldritch
03-04-2004, 10:38 AM
I'm running Win 98SE & AEP. AEP runs just fine for me. As for using a old OS.....I like 98. I tried out 2000 & was not impressed. XP? Well I MIGHT install that on my gf's pc that Im building but...I dunno. Why should I? 98 works just fine.

YANKEE ROSE
-----------
"For a world of happiness & equality is but a fantasy driven by men who envy the ruling class."

SimFlyerUSA
03-04-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by mortoma:
At least Windows 98 doesn't have the activation problems. I can install it on as many computers as I want!!!!

It is illegal to install a single copy of ANY os on multiple PC's w/o a license for each PC. The activation process for XP is to protect those that use the OS license correctly.

BaldieJr
03-04-2004, 10:59 AM
All responses to this ******ed thread, beyond this point, shall be considered a confesion of the posters stupidity.

Maybe now it will be allowed to die?

Signature:
Note: you may include UBBCodeâ™, UBBCodeâ™ Images and HTML in your signature. However, if the forum you are posting to does not allow these codes, your signature will not display as intended.

Cossack_UA
03-04-2004, 10:59 AM
Every time something new comes out and we have these sort of discussions, look at Lockon forum LOL.

The fact is that it's a PC game. There are hundreds of different configurations. Different OSs, different chipsets, different drivers for those chipsets, etc. etc.

If you are not willing to spend sime time twiking and looking for solutions, you shold buy an Xbox:) They are all identical, so the software is tested ones for one configuration. You'll never have any problems.

tonedogbf110
03-04-2004, 11:04 AM
Theres always one eh?

FFS quit moaning, and take a course in PC operation, be thankful you have the AEP.

Us Europeans haven't got it for two weeks, I wanna hear good stuff to look forward to not this BS!!!!!

Get a life!

http://www.iainmccarthy.com/fb/tonedog_sig.jpg

J30Vader
03-04-2004, 11:57 AM
J26Red

I connect with a cable modem myself. Infact I was on the same server you were, flying as Wine. Or trying to. I don't remember what your ping was, mine was 34.

The mystery deepens.

LLv34_Jani
03-04-2004, 12:00 PM
Sorry, but some people should buy Xbox :P

JG26Red
03-04-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by LLv34_Jani:
Sorry, but some people should buy Xbox :P

why is that?

Aztek_Eagle
03-04-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by OberstWileyII:

how did you suport it? by whinning? thats nmot a support you.......

Future-
03-04-2004, 12:40 PM
Well... I also installed a Fb new for this, and instlled AEP over it.

Installation progressed fast and without any problems, game itself runs perfect...

But when I try to play online, after max. 10 secs in the game I get disconnected because of a timeout. Reason: unknown.
And I heard several people have that problem.

So I agree with Red, there's gotta be a problem with AEP.

And I'm NOT a cheater.

- Future

Commanding Officer of the 530th Bomb Squad
380th Bomb Group 5th AF USAAF

http://invisionfree.com:54/40/30/upload/p1083.jpg

Visit us at http://members.tripod.com/tophatssquadron , home of the 310th FS and the 380th BG

SuzanneS
03-04-2004, 02:34 PM
eh...necro..what is that surprise plane Gibbage was talking about..the fokker D-21 maybe ??..

BaldieJr
03-04-2004, 02:38 PM
Die thread die thread die thread die thread die thread die thread die thread die thread die thread die thread die thread die thread die thread die thread die thread die thread die thread die thread die thread die thread die thread die thread die thread die thread die thread die thread die thread die thread die thread die thread die thread die thread die thread die thread die thread die thread die thread die thread die thread die thread die thread

Signature:
Note: you may include UBBCodeâ™, UBBCodeâ™ Images and HTML in your signature. However, if the forum you are posting to does not allow these codes, your signature will not display as intended.

BaronVonSnoopy
03-04-2004, 03:35 PM
Eheheheheh..."die thread"...oh well. I initially had issues with the install, then (yeah, after my bubble was burst) I read the readme, and changed to the recommended drivers, and haven't had a problem since. Everyone who's having problems sure they're running the recommended drivers? Not that I'm insinuating anything at all, just sometimes the smallest detail gets overlooked...

Mispunt
03-04-2004, 03:58 PM
I keep reading about the online timeouts,this doesn't happen to have anything to do with the default IP number problem has it?

If you're not sure:
I have had this problem ever since FB's first patch (I believe) and you solve it by manually selecting the second IP number from the Network tab in IL2setup.exe.
Works for me, but you'll have to select it every time you go online. (must be a way of setting it in config.ini I guess)

http://www.tmeier.org/LockOn_Upload/store/MisSig.jpg

SwingerSpecial
03-04-2004, 05:38 PM
Win98 SE, on a ASUS TUSL2 with P3-800, IL2 installation on D: partition - installed without problems straight out of the box & works fine offline (no time to test online play until the weekend, grr!). If experiencing installation problems, check for viruses, adware, whatever else is running in the background, try on a plain vanilla windows installation on another drive, blaablaablaa, you know the drill :-)

So far the only software that I know of that actually requires WinXP is Adobe Premiere Pro and MS Office 2003 products.

And with that said, I'm going to join in with Baldie.... Die thread, die thread, die thread, die thread, die thread.....

blairgowrie
03-04-2004, 05:49 PM
I'm with you Baldie. This is a complete waste of breath. There is no UBI incompetence here. Just whiners.

http://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v41/blairgowrie/FBWebpage.jpg

WhiskeyRiver
03-04-2004, 05:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RedSpar:
$30 bucks buys a crappy dinner for 2 somewhere.

$30 bucks buys 2 tickets and popcorn to a crappy movie.

$30 bucks buys a tank of gas for my crappy car.

$30 bucks buys a pair of crappy jeans.

$30 bucks buys a dozen crappy roses for my wife.

$30 buck buys one great addon for Forgotten Battles which I will get my $30 bucks back in entertainment in spades compared to the previous things I mentioned.

The game installs and plays perfect.

You're doing it wrong Wiley... http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

(ok $30 for roses for my wife buys me time to play more AEP) http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

http://www.redspar.com/sigs/FBsig.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

$30 will get you 2 Philipino ******s for the night.

$30 will get you a rock of crack

$30 will get you a hot gun from the guy with a van downtown

Sex, violence, and narcotics are way more fun than AEP

To kill me you've got to hit the heart Ramon--Clint F*cking Eastwood

03-04-2004, 06:06 PM
Now THIS is negative crap.

Steve_V, you might want to check out this thread for reference just so you know what unconstructive negative crap looks like.

Steaky_361st
03-04-2004, 06:25 PM
You should be happy that you guys have it...

Ive called every EB and Gamestop and Bestbuy and Circuit City around me and Ive gotten 1 estimate of the 9th for it being in the store. This is odd cause others close to me have found stores with it in stock, and half the stores near me say they have never heard of the game.

Im sure itll be amazing once i finally get it. And even if its not perfect...SO WHAT???? Oleg and Co worked for months on this...ill accept it whether its bugged or not.

-----------------------------------------------
Steaks
Cpt 375thFS
"And you thought the meat last night was tough..."

Hunter82
03-04-2004, 08:01 PM
Yawnnnn anyone for tea?

==============================
Mudmovers (http://www.mudmovers.com)
ATI Catalyst Beta Tester
Catalyst Feedback (http://apps.ati.com/driverfeedback/)
Catalyst Driver Download (http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html)
==============================

JG77Hawk_9
03-04-2004, 08:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OberstWileyII:

Someone smell any rats...and an incompetent gang of them at that, it seems...!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wiley, please put a fn cork in it. You don't like it, hey why don't you take it back and piss off?

frag_bravo
03-04-2004, 08:14 PM
Man the flame throwers have started.It seems like we all go through this.We are all amp up and wait like children on the night before Xmas.And some of us go to the ground.crash boom game over.If you think you got problems I just blew my hard,Yes a crash So I have to wait for the very thing that I want.Life sucks dont take it out on UBI.After all do you want oleg to come and load it on your rig??Its just a game

rbstr44
03-04-2004, 08:59 PM
http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/34.gif
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OberstWileyII:
[junk not worth repeating]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Displacement through a Slab of Glass
http://sol.sci.uop.edu/~jfalward/refraction/displacementcolorthreebeams.jpg
Entering and exiting rays are displaced
from each other, but parallel.
Refraction of Light (http://sol.sci.uop.edu/~jfalward/refraction/refraction.html)

J30Vader
03-04-2004, 10:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hunter82:
Yawnnnn anyone for tea?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Earl Grey, hot. And some crumpets.