PDA

View Full Version : So now the beta got delayed...

RobvD84
05-25-2015, 05:10 PM
So now that the beta got delayed, does this mean we also get extra time since we lost some of it?

Heliantha
05-25-2015, 05:18 PM
Would be a great thing to do. But now we have the explanation of why we couldn't pre-download it : it wasn't even finished for the beta time launch xD

broui
05-25-2015, 05:21 PM
Minutes? Hours? Days? A rough estimate would be nice.

RobvD84
05-25-2015, 05:24 PM
Well actually just that time that got lost, but i wont mind if they give us some more time. Maybe 1 whole xtra day :D

BeYo_OnD
05-25-2015, 05:27 PM
Here we go again, Ubisoft. :mad:

Marblethrone
05-25-2015, 05:28 PM
Next time they should be really certain if they can give us what they promise. Delaying right up until the very last minute is not a good thing to do, it only causes unecessary disappointment.

RobvD84
05-25-2015, 05:32 PM
Yeah it is a shame. And i hope this wont be a preview of things to come.

Marblethrone
05-25-2015, 05:32 PM

I hope so too.

gourley4p
05-25-2015, 05:34 PM
Unfortunate timing, but better for them to upload the new version and delay than to let us start with an older version and waste time reporting bugs that they've already fixed.

Antalyan
I want to know how much will it be delayed too.
Please, TELL US. Will it be today?

Heliantha
How come they waited for the time to be reached before telling us it's delayed ? They knew it if it wasn't ready... They could have give us some informations....

What a bad way to communicate, game isn't even playable that many peoples are disapointted... Hope it's the only mistake they made and that the game will be as promised ^^

Ubi-Nox
Hello all,
sorry for the delay, we will try to see if we can extend the beta to "compensate" for missing period.

Unfortunately we weren't able to anticipate this delay.

Please stay tune for more information.

Best,
Arnaud.

BeYo_OnD
05-25-2015, 05:35 PM
Please, TELL US. Will it be today?

They probably don't know themselves.

turniplord
05-25-2015, 05:37 PM
seriously? its like 35 mins late - that's nothing. The game isn't even out until September. I'm sure it will be downloadable within the next few hours - I'd rather have the very latest build than having to download then update after a few hours to a newer version. you all need to calm down and stop turning a small thing into a massive issue. Nobody has patience anymore

RobvD84
05-25-2015, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the reply Noxy!

Antalyan
05-25-2015, 05:38 PM
@Ubi-nox
Will be get some info today?

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
05-25-2015, 05:39 PM
Hello, please keep an eye on the announcement http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1133458-MMH7-Beta-delay for updates.

Thanks

broui
05-25-2015, 05:40 PM
Memorial day here. The wife and I had carved out some time to play the Beta today. I'm not asking for a specific time but rather a rough estimate. Is it still intended for some time today? Or is there going to be a more significant delay?

BeYo_OnD
05-25-2015, 05:41 PM
seriously? its like 35 mins late - that's nothing. The game isn't even out until September. I'm sure it will be downloadable within the next few hours - I'd rather have the very latest build than having to download then update after a few hours to a newer version. you all need to calm down and stop turning a small thing into a massive issue. Nobody has patience anymore

They themselves announced the exact date, then failed to deliver, and it's still our fault for pointing it out?
Dude...

Marblethrone
05-25-2015, 05:48 PM
Hello all,
sorry for the delay, we will try to see if we can extend the beta to "compensate" for missing period.

Unfortunately we weren't able to anticipate this delay.

Please stay tune for more information.

Best,
Arnaud.

Well, I suppose we can't do anything but wait. I was really looking forward to this :(. Oh well, maybe tomorrow, maybe in two days. As long as the Beta runtime is extended I'm as good with it as I possibly can :).

Heliantha
05-25-2015, 05:49 PM

It's not a matter of patience, it's about keeping promises.
I don't know your job in real life but you must know that, when you're giving your clients (who paid for your product) an exact time of when their product will arrive, you have to do it exactly as said.
If not, then people will know that you're not reliable on and that your commucation is bad.

This game is just a game and I won't spend my evening trying every minute to download it but :
- Beta was announced THEN they say "only for 2 weeks" far after many people pre ordered the game
- They didn't let people pre-download it so low speed internet can't play it quickly (now we know why they didn't, the game wasn't ready to go on beta)
- They waited 10 minutes after the timeline to say "Oops, sorry, it's delayed and we have no idea when you'll have it".

It's REALLY a bad way to start the beta and to show that they can't communicate simply like "Beta is delayed" before the timeline...
We even have the "We'll see if we can extend the beta time"... As if it was difficult to do, they can even let us with the buggy beta without patching it for 3 months, that wouldn't change a thing for them since they would have all the reports they want...

RobvD84
05-25-2015, 05:50 PM
I wont be so sure we will be able to play it today (atleast here in Europe its already in the evening). They just made a statement on the H7 site.

Ubi-Nox THE SHADOW OF DEATH May 25, 2015 18:38:47

Hello Heroes, we really are sorry for this situation. We will share an update and ETA as soon as we can. We are still struggling with some information and are doing our best to solve the issue asap and give you visibility about it.

Marblethrone
05-25-2015, 06:04 PM
I wont be so sure we will be able to play it today (atleast here in Europe its already in the evening). They just made a statement on the H7 site.

Ubi-Nox THE SHADOW OF DEATH May 25, 2015 18:38:47

Hello Heroes, we really are sorry for this situation. We will share an update and ETA as soon as we can. We are still struggling with some information and are doing our best to solve the issue asap and give you visibility about it.

Guess I'll wait until tomorrow.

Antalyan
05-25-2015, 06:07 PM
Or until the end of the whole world?

Darkest Curse
05-25-2015, 06:19 PM
The whole fact that they are delaying the beta is not really a big deal. If the situation was dire enough that they had to do this shows something broke somewhere and we'll all have a better beta experience now that they're trying to fix it. Maybe their servers couldn't take the demand or the found a game breaking bug; who knows the real reason. I'm glad their fixing it before releasing it to all of us whiners because if there was a major game breaking bug even though this is beta, it's obvious from previous posts that we'd never let them live it down. It's a beta being released to a large audience. There's going to be problems. Now, on the fact that they didn't inform us of the delay is something that could be argued unless it is a server issue. Who knows. Personally, I'm going to go enjoy other working games and come back later. Let the dev's fix it and stop being a community that people would hate to make games for. Just my two cents.

RobvD84
05-25-2015, 06:23 PM
It's not the delay that gets ppl angry, it's the way Ubi handles things. This could probably be resolved way better and quicker if the beta launch wasn't after a weekend. And it's only for 2 weeks, there are a lot of ppl who don't have that much time. I saw on the H7 site that there were even ppl who made free time for this. So yeah, Ubi would do good to give us some extra time that we got lost.

Nepomuk1982
05-25-2015, 06:24 PM
Same disaster as with Homm 6, I guess I will cancle my preoder, just do safe me from a new frustration from Ubisoft!

jpt-Simus
05-25-2015, 07:16 PM
It's not a matter of patience, it's about keeping promises.
I don't know your job in real life but you must know that, when you're giving your clients (who paid for your product) an exact time of when their product will arrive, you have to do it exactly as said.
If not, then people will know that you're not reliable on and that your commucation is bad.

This game is just a game and I won't spend my evening trying every minute to download it but :
- Beta was announced THEN they say "only for 2 weeks" far after many people pre ordered the game
- They didn't let people pre-download it so low speed internet can't play it quickly (now we know why they didn't, the game wasn't ready to go on beta)
- They waited 10 minutes after the timeline to say "Oops, sorry, it's delayed and we have no idea when you'll have it".

It's REALLY a bad way to start the beta and to show that they can't communicate simply like "Beta is delayed" before the timeline...
We even have the "We'll see if we can extend the beta time"... As if it was difficult to do, they can even let us with the buggy beta without patching it for 3 months, that wouldn't change a thing for them since they would have all the reports they want...

That's exacly what i am thinking. If they would work professionally they would announce yesterday(or even earlier) that beta will start 10 days later but it will be actually started at that day. "Uploading client" excuse is pathetic. Profesional game developers have to upload game client last minute? WTF? Preordering was a huge mistake.

Aragon4242
05-25-2015, 07:16 PM
Minutes? Hours? Days? A rough estimate would be nice.

This!

jpt-Simus
05-25-2015, 07:22 PM
Yea and even approximate estimate is too hard to give. It's just ridiculous.

Antalyan
05-25-2015, 07:22 PM
Two and half hour and still no additional info?
We want to know when, at least the rough time.

Cainium
05-25-2015, 07:28 PM
Well, that's Ubisoft...

Nothing more to say about this.

I already know why i don't purchase any Ubisoft games except the MM series ('cause i'm a fan since HoMM 3)....

Marblethrone
05-25-2015, 07:30 PM
broui THE FURIOUS May 25, 2015 19:35:38

Thank you Uni-Nox for posting this on Steam a few minutes ago:

"The team identified the issue and is working on it in order to allow a deployment as soon as possible. We will share official ETA whenever we can."

Not exactly an estimate of time, but it is progress

Found this on the SC website.

shop267F831F7
05-25-2015, 07:35 PM
Es ist bereits nach 20:30 Uhr!

Immer die gleich Meldung in Uplay

Download konnte nicht gestartet werden

Uplay kann deinen Download nicht starten. Überprüfer bitte ob du mit dem Internet
verbunden bist und ausreichend Speicherplatz vorhanden ist.
Versuche es dann erneut.

WANN GETH ES ENDLICH LOS

Antalyan
05-25-2015, 07:38 PM
ONLY TWO WORDS. This would be enough.
For example: NOT TODAY.
But now many people are here, angry and waiting for the thing which maybe won´t be. And no info from the Ubi since the delay announcement. Slight delay? In NO case. Really sad.

jpt-Simus
05-25-2015, 07:41 PM
"The team identified the issue and is working on it in order to allow a deployment as soon as possible. We will share official ETA whenever we can."

They identified that the issue is not finishing their job in time and remembering it 1 minute before start. And don't giving single f+++ about their customers and about informing them.

LT_razack
05-25-2015, 07:58 PM
in the real world, some people get fired for less!

Elle-One
05-25-2015, 08:02 PM
WANN GETH ES ENDLICH LOS

Wir wissen es nicht. Es gibt eine Verspätung. Das steht ganz groß hier im Forum. SO GROß!

F.D.Crane
05-25-2015, 08:05 PM
Seems your "35 min" guess were not quite... accurate, lets see how the "next few hour" goes, "patience" guy...
Also, you might want to check the credit record of UBI...

En_Person
05-25-2015, 08:12 PM
The problem is that they actuarlly haven't said anything of value to their customers.

"We are struggling, we are doing this".
In what way does this information help the persons that is actuarlly sitting around, waiting?

It would be more human to actuarlly tell their customers, if they can go to bed, or wait an hour more or not.
All it takes is: "We believe that we will be able to launch the beta today/tomorrow/on friday/not at all."

WaschbaerWario
05-25-2015, 08:54 PM
https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/important-information-beta-delay

read that, they just announced it

jpt-Simus
05-25-2015, 08:54 PM
Hello Heroes,

It is with a heartbreak we have to announce this very difficult news. Despite all our efforts, we won’t be able to launch the Beta today, as originally planned.

We know this statement is probably as devastating for you as it is for us, so we would like to share with you some transparent information about this situation.

Last week, we identified several issues that were really dangerous for our release: our save/load system had a tendency to corrupt saves under certain conditions; multiplayer was still riddle with desyncs; and finally, we had a very nasty piece of memory leak which halved the performances after an hour or so of gameplay.

We pushed really hard to solve those issues, including this very weekend. We would like by the way to thanks both Limbic and our testers for the overtime they put into this release.

Unfortunately, and despite our best efforts, we could not completely solve those bugs, and today our testers had to let us know that in case of releasing, our players would have faced a much degraded experience.

You might wonder why we hold off until the very last moment to announce this decision. The reason is really simple: we already improved a lot on those issues but unfortunately we didn’t reach the quality we were aiming at. In the meantime, we spent a lot of time agonizing over whenever or not we should release the current build despite its flaws.

Since we know you value (rightfully so!) quality, bug-free and kick *** releases over broken pieces of software, we followed our testers advice and decided to call it a day, despite a heavy heart and a broken promise to you.

As of now, we are already hard at work on our next version. We will make it as good as possible, as we want to present you with a release that makes the quality and the potential of Heroes 7 truly shine. And we hope you will enjoy this game as much we are enjoying ourselves developing it. Well... except for tonight :)

Now our immediate next steps are towards solving those three big issues and release our Beta as soon as possible. We will keep you posted once we have made some careful calculations before announcing anything.

We understand your frustration and will try to find a way to make it even for your patience. Heroes 7 is really a special title for us and we want it to be a true successor to your favorite series.

Yours truly,
The M&M Team.

It would be ok if they would post it earlier...

Cainium
05-25-2015, 09:38 PM
From a developers point of view the right choice here would have been to delay the beta BEFORE the weekend.

No developer is that insane to try a release with such big issues a few hours after deadline, even if they would "think" it would be solved.

And what i've seen so far from Limbic i woudln't say it's theirs fault... remembers me of the buggy Gothic 3 release which was going out under publisher pressure while all developers knew it would become a disaster.

Greywolf_19
05-25-2015, 11:02 PM
This is not the first time I have seen a Beta delayed. So hopefully people will hang in there and wait for them to fix it. Better to have no major issues than to have it released and everyone hammering them for it. Keep the faith. Looking forward to when this does come out.

Fyrestorme
05-26-2015, 04:55 AM

This.

cossacking
05-26-2015, 09:14 AM
Minutes? Hours? Days? A rough estimate would be nice.Ubi will eventually give you an officially confirmed final beta availability date (patched, version 2 of it), but it is still unlikely they will deliver on it.
Yeah it is a shame. And i hope this wont be a preview of things to come.To me, it seems like I'm back in the past again, just this time release/availability dates are being changed even before we go into beta.And nothing shows that the full version release dates won't be changed the day after they were supposed to be released.

RobvD84
05-26-2015, 12:22 PM
Well i always had the feeling the unproffesional way the site has been done (and still is) projected on how the development of H7 would go. And it feels like i was right. Atleast that feeling got stronger now.

BeYo_OnD
05-26-2015, 01:42 PM
A little update for today would not hurt.

Coobekh
05-26-2015, 01:55 PM
A little update for today would not hurt.

Ubi will eventually give you an officially confirmed final beta availability date (patched, version 2 of it), but it is still unlikely they will deliver on it.To me, it seems like I'm back in the past again, just this time release/availability dates are being changed even before we go into beta.And nothing shows that the full version release dates won't be changed the day after they were supposed to be released.

THIS = TOO TRUE. i remember h6 beta too. damn ubi...... u for real? so far no real ETA, or anything. its 22h late already

En_Person
05-26-2015, 05:24 PM
Actuarlly, any form of blue-post information would be nice.
Afterall, there is almost 24 hours since you posted any form of information.

Don't keep us waiting, afterall, your customers are worth more than beeing left in the dark.

Marblethrone
05-26-2015, 07:12 PM
https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/beta-situation-update