PDA

View Full Version : Mission outcome question

Zayets
01-15-2004, 07:49 AM
A question , dunno if that was already asked here.
Is there a way for FB to output the outcome of a mission?
Say , that we create a mission , or we have a mission made by someone with some units on the map.Can FB say at the end blue side killed 2 planes (ID0001,ID0002) , two tanks (ID12323 , ID 43544) and so on? Is there a way to grab this info at the end of the mission?
I know that at the end , you have an overview , but si 2planes,2tanks etc. nothing solid.

Zayets out

Zayets
01-15-2004, 07:49 AM
A question , dunno if that was already asked here.
Is there a way for FB to output the outcome of a mission?
Say , that we create a mission , or we have a mission made by someone with some units on the map.Can FB say at the end blue side killed 2 planes (ID0001,ID0002) , two tanks (ID12323 , ID 43544) and so on? Is there a way to grab this info at the end of the mission?
I know that at the end , you have an overview , but si 2planes,2tanks etc. nothing solid.

Zayets out

LEXX_Luthor
01-15-2004, 07:57 AM
The file "eventlog" in basic FB folder is where combat records are stored, but its kinda sloppy format and not easy to interepret at first but you get the hang of it soon. Also, the file is not available directly while FB is running, but you can write a program that copies it and you can view the copy after a mission without turning off the FB. Me I always dump out of FB to see it.

Zayets
01-16-2004, 03:58 AM
Thank you so much Lexx!
I will look at it somewhere this weekend.
Few small question though , do you know when IL2 writes this file? The eventlog is for the whole session or only for one mission? If it writes in it , when it release the file? I'm thinking a daemon picking up this file. Sort of a service , if you know what I mean http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Thx in advance!

Zayets out