PDA

View Full Version : Mission Editor needed for AC after Syndicate! Ubi please consider this

Sef1n
05-25-2015, 08:57 AM
Hello all,

I was wondering if Ubi team would consider creating a mission editor for further AC Game?

As the community already have leaderboards in kills, money aquired etc... I do believe that community would welcome if AC game would contain mission editor.

For example for assassination mission we would be able to do:

- set restricted area (if we want it, or even several areas)
- set number of guards, their possition, waypoints, behavior even their model, color etc
- set unique assassination target (Unity did show us that customization is not a problem)
- set day time, weather etc...
- perhaps even allow players to create their own models etc (like elder scrolls games)

this is just what I was thinking for the start.

I wonder if the rest of community would welcome such feature?

in my opinion it would extend gameplay of AC game by a lot as players would be able to share their creations with others to play it. A lot of new missions "for free" with ton of creativity of the community.

There could even be ratings for missions and so another competition would be born :)

what do you think? I personaly would love it, as when I 100% sync any AC game then there is nothing else to do except for mindless killing or replaying missions we already know.

Defalt221
05-25-2015, 06:32 PM
FINALLY YES! Someone spoke of it. Please Ubi!
AC games were literally crying for mission and map editor.
Imagine the possibilities! You could make your own custom challenges and ridiculously creative missions. And scripting events could do a great deal ofamazing things. Sadly Ubisoft isn't Techland, or Rockstar or even CDPR. Wish we could get mod tools.
Anyway, your thread could have been a POLL to let Ubi know how much fans want it. Or, can you make another POLL thread and delete this?

Sef1n
05-27-2015, 08:02 AM
Poll added :)

letīs see if other AC fans would welcome such feature!

Defalt221
05-27-2015, 10:26 AM
Poll added :)

letīs see if other AC fans would welcome such feature!

Everyone would. Proof is in games like GTA IV, Skyrim, The Witcher 2 etc. Maybe mod tools would be better. Then we'd be able to tweak AI, stealth, gadgets, weapons, parkour add/ remove mechanics etc. It'd be brilliant. A dream come true. And creation kit would totally blow the world away. Imagine how awesome recreations of Venice, Masyaf, Syria, Colonies with next gen technology would gamers build. Possibilities would be ENDLESS.
UBISOFT NEEDS TO DO THIS!!! Dear Ubi, Listen to your PC community! PC gamers don't get PS4 and XBone Exclusive mission addons. This would be the perfect compensation.

Sef1n
05-27-2015, 02:50 PM
I had in mind something like was done in Hitman Absolution, but in more depth (setting up guards, waypoints etc), but still using the original game.
This could work also for console players who could possibly share their creations with PC players as well.

Consoles are bringin the best AC sales, so it naturaly needs to be a tool they can use without problems.
This is bussiness, they will not waste resources to make something cool for minor customer base, which I understand...

I am sure some way to make this ingame creator must be possible as HItman Absolution made it possible (even though it was very restricted) Anvil seems to be powerful tool, so I have no doubt that Ubi team could make this happen.

Honestly I do believe that such feature would have warm welcome by gamers and by critics as well.

Defalt221
05-27-2015, 06:19 PM
I had in mind something like was done in Hitman Absolution, but in more depth (setting up guards, waypoints etc), but still using the original game.
This could work also for console players who could possibly share their creations with PC players as well.

Consoles are bringin the best AC sales, so it naturaly needs to be a tool they can use without problems.
This is bussiness, they will not waste resources to make something cool for minor customer base, which I understand...

I am sure some way to make this ingame creator must be possible as HItman Absolution made it possible (even though it was very restricted) Anvil seems to be powerful tool, so I have no doubt that Ubi team could make this happen.

Honestly I do believe that such feature would have warm welcome by gamers and by critics as well.

Wait... Hitman Absolution was moddable? (NOOOO! I've deleted it already!! Guess a reinstall is to be considerated now....)
Anyway, AC games could be moddable IF ONLY we could unpack the .dat files. They modded Watch Dogs by unpacking the .dat files using the Far Cry 3 unpacking tool (Because Watch Dogs' engine: Disrupt was built from Far Cry 3 Dunia engine which was moddable. )

Sef1n
06-02-2015, 02:00 PM
hitman was not moddable, but it had contracts mod, where you could create your own cotract using the already made enviroment.

anyway this forum is dead or the community does not really care. only 6 votes out of over 200 visits speaks for itself :-)

strigoi1958
06-02-2015, 08:53 PM
I don't know... maybe most people are not interested in making the game or parts of it.... it doesn't interest me. BUT I'm all for anything extra for us players because it's a bonus for all of us whether we use it or not and maybe someone will create something the rest of us will like.

My brother never really played IL2 but he made hundreds of missions for lots of people... it would be nice to have people make missions, leave them on the forum to be downloaded and played and get nice feedback.

I always appreciate someone taking the time to make something for others.

Sef1n
06-03-2015, 11:19 AM
what I had in mind was some really simple editor. Something like in HItman Absolution (but in more depth). So you could use the enviroment made by UBI and only customize guards, target etc.
Then it could be accessed right from the game. it would not require much data do download new mission I guess as all models etc would be in game already. Something like bonus missions in Unity like Killed by Science... not really much of a data.

I think it can not be that hard to add it to the game. There would be ton of players who would make new missions after they beat the game. And players who do not wish to create anything would be able to play stuff made by others so it would extend their game experience so WIN - WIN. I think. And it would truly be innovation I think :-)

strigoi1958
06-03-2015, 08:58 PM
Sounds cool..... either an assassination or a stealth mission to steal an artifact. Player has a base map from Ubi, player then positions guards at specific places or that walk a designated route and a room with a target.... with a few entrances. Object is to ghost the mission.

Or save an ally.

other games have maps and editors.... I bet there are assassin fans here who could really make something very very difficult. It's a nice free bonus and keeps a game fresh for a long time.

Sef1n
06-05-2015, 06:30 AM
Yes, you get my idea correctly :-) .

It would make the game last longer, way longer :-)

Cornik22
06-05-2015, 01:43 PM
They do it with Far Cry and it's awesome. Why not AC?