PDA

View Full Version : Will PC ever get Tessellation?

froggywoggy
05-24-2015, 10:35 PM
Will the PC version ever get Tessellation?

Does anyone have any info on this? Ubisoft refuses to reply to queries.

Trailer showing tessellation as a feature:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYfYekrAPAE

Nvidia Geforce article saying Ubisoft will bring tessellation in a patch:

http://www.geforce.co.uk/whats-new/guides/assassins-creed-unity-graphics-and-performance-guide#assassins-creed-unity-nvidia-geometryworks-advanced-tessellation

One of the many reasons I'm not pre-ordering any more Assassin's Creed games. Ubisoft seems to be writing cheques that its devs can't deliver.

Defalt221
05-25-2015, 06:28 PM
Sadly Ubisoft doesn't do proper Tessellation in their games. Look at Watch Dogs and AC BF. Anyway, wasn't that Tessellation patch in Patch 5?

froggywoggy
05-25-2015, 07:00 PM
I didn't notice any tessellation post patch 5 and certainly don't remember any in the patch notes.

The tessellation in the trailer and in screenshots does look good, especially on roofs which look a bit silly as they are currently. I'm sure they could implement it if they wanted. There are rumours that patch 6 is on its way as Ubi have scheduled server maintenance time. Fingers crossed that they don't (conveniently) forget promises they made.

Defalt221
05-26-2015, 10:33 AM
I didn't notice any tessellation post patch 5 and certainly don't remember any in the patch notes.

The tessellation in the trailer and in screenshots does look good, especially on roofs which look a bit silly as they are currently. I'm sure they could implement it if they wanted. There are rumours that patch 6 is on its way as Ubi have scheduled server maintenance time. Fingers crossed that they don't (conveniently) forget promises they made.

You can try something else (if you got an AMD video card). Open AMD catalyst control center>Gaming>3D Application settings> (scroll to the lowest part) Select "Override tessellation" in the drop down options in"Tessellation mode".
If it still doesn't work, maybe the above tessellation patch works for NVIDIA only. (I don't have NVIDIA so I can't test it out. Sorry)

froggywoggy
05-26-2015, 10:48 AM
You can try something else (if you got an AMD video card). Open AMD catalyst control center>Gaming>3D Application settings> (scroll to the lowest part) Select "Override tessellation" in the drop down options in"Tessellation mode".
If it still doesn't work, maybe the above tessellation patch works for NVIDIA only. (I don't have NVIDIA so I can't test it out. Sorry)

Unfortunately I don't have AMD and Nvidia can't create tessellation where there is none in the game. I've double checked notes for Patch 5 and there's no tessellation.

What I'm really asking is if anyone knows whether Ubisoft still plans to implement it or whether it's a lost cause.

Anykeyer
05-26-2015, 01:02 PM

This AMD trick wont work in games with no tesselation. Its there to cheat in benchmarks, nothing else.

Defalt221
05-26-2015, 06:35 PM
Unfortunately I don't have AMD and Nvidia can't create tessellation where there is none in the game. I've double checked notes for Patch 5 and there's no tessellation.

What I'm really asking is if anyone knows whether Ubisoft still plans to implement it or whether it's a lost cause.

If latest update doesn't add Tessellation, then I'm afraid the game has no other updates on that. It's very late and I don't think Ubi would plan on it.