PDA

View Full Version : 22h before beta, still no key ? Why ?

Heliantha
05-24-2015, 07:36 PM
Hi there,

I'm concerned about having no key for the beta since it launches in 22h from here. Why is that ?
We could have pre-download the game (With my internet, for example, I can download at 500Ko/s max...).
Since the beta will be on for only 2 weeks (that information came really late, by the way, if I knew I would have hesitate more about getting the pre order...), it's totally unexplained and I can't think of a reason about not letting us predownload the game to test it as soon as it's playable....

Heliantha

Elle-One
05-24-2015, 10:40 PM
It's Sunday. Also the FAQ says we can only download the game once it goes live, so no pre-download. And that means the server will probably crash on Monday.

Yeah, that info came really late. Then again, it came a few hours before the explanation on how to even play the beta.

Heliantha
05-25-2015, 12:01 AM
Too bad we can't predownload it.... And to be honest, I don't think the server will crash, there won't be that many people pre ordering this game, I saw many comments everywhere about how "bad" Heroes 6 was (I liked it but it had its problems, yes) and how Ubisoft generally can't keep his promises for games so people will wait reviews before buying it I guess...

And for the info about the beta, I pre ordered the game when it was possible and no information about that came. It was exactly the opposite, we are supposed to give our thoughts about nearly everything (especially units design and all I saw on the forum) and we can vote for the next 2 factions available for beta... They'll do it in those 2 weeks or there will be more weeks playable during the summer ?

I can't think of a reason why they would only give 2 weeks of public beta it's really too few !

Heliantha

Fyrestorme
05-25-2015, 03:48 AM
from the beta faq:

If you pre-ordered via Uplay:

You'll be notified by email when the Closed Beta is live (Monday 25th May 2015), and you'll be able to download the game client at this moment. Once the game is downloaded on your computer, you'll simply need to run the game to access the Closed Beta.
If you pre-ordered via Steam:

Might & Magic Heroes VII - Beta will be displayed in your Steam games library as soon as the Beta is live, on Monday 25th May 2015
Double-click on Might & Magic Heroes VII - Beta to download the game on your computer
As soon as the download is complete, run Might & Magic Heroes VII - Beta
Steam will provide you with a personal Uplay Beta code
The Uplay Launcher will pop up
Redeem the Uplay Beta code Steam gave you
Might & Magic Heroes VII - Beta is now available

Also, this is exactly when it starts:

2. When will it take place?
MMH VII's Closed Beta will start on Monday 25th May 2015 at 6pm GMT+1 and will end on Monday 08th, June 2015 at 6pm GMT+1.