PDA

View Full Version : History buffs- Need help with Kuban

BaldieJr
01-15-2004, 07:29 AM
If anyone can provide plane/vehicles/ship that were in this area during 43, even partial listings, I would be most appreciative.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
______ _____
(, / ) /) /) , (, /
/---( _ // _(/ _ / __ ,""""]
+----/ ____)(_(_(/_(_(__(__(/____/__/ (__--------,' /---+
| / ( / ,' NR / |
|(_/ ..-""``"'-._ (_/ __,' 42 _/ |
+-.-"" "-..,____________/7,.--"" __]-----+

</pre>

BaldieJr
01-15-2004, 07:29 AM
If anyone can provide plane/vehicles/ship that were in this area during 43, even partial listings, I would be most appreciative.

______ _____
(, / ) /) /) , (, /
| / ( / ,' NR / |

</pre>

jurinko
01-15-2004, 07:43 AM
definitely there was Slovak 13./JG 52 with its Bf 109 G-4s... for some period the only Axis fighter squadron on the Kuban bridgehead..

ericson
01-15-2004, 08:04 AM
The 57th Guards fighter regiment started opps 3rd week in April 1943 in the Kuban area on the southern front. They were equiped with tired Spitfie Vb's that had seen better days. Heavy fighting in the area around the German bridgehead at Novorossiysk involved large scale clashes in the air. The main axis oppisition were Me 109's of JG52 thoough from time to time FW 190's were seen. The Spitfire looked quite unlike Russian built fighters. They were often attacked by there own side.Team killers get everywhere.

MiloMorai
01-15-2004, 08:08 AM
Using this site http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/2072/LWJul42.html#May43 for Luft4 and cross referring to this site http://www.ww2.dk/ you should be able to figure out what LW units were in the Kuban area.

By mid summer 1943, there was only the 17th Army in the Kuban and that was west of Novorossiysk. Petrov had pushed his North Caucasus Front that far west.

BaldieJr
01-15-2004, 09:44 AM
So far, I've been able to confirm:

LW:
109 G2
190 A
Ju 87

VVS:
IL-2
Yak
La
P40
P39

If you know of any others, please do post them.
Same for ships and ground units (although I believe i've covered all of these).

______ _____
(, / ) /) /) , (, /
| / ( / ,' NR / |

</pre>