PDA

View Full Version : [PS4] Assassin's Creed IV - free run bug?

akikemono
05-24-2015, 02:30 AM
I just got to one of the chase and kill missions in Assassins Creed and I'm unable to start free running to chase the captain down.
Specifically, its the Siege of Charles-Towne. Edward will go into the slower run just fine, but no matter how hard I press the R2 button, he won't run fast enough to keep up and I lose before I can get close enough.
Before you suggest, I tried my R2 button with the other games I have, it works fine. I've tried restarting my controller, restarting the chase, even the entire mission.
I can't even shoot the captain down right off the bat and try to cheat that way.
I'm on the brink of restarting the entire game, but I'd be losing weeks of progress if it doesn't fix it.
Any suggestions, or other people that have had the same problem before I delete my save and try again?

Ded1
06-09-2015, 06:14 PM
I just got to one of the chase and kill missions in Assassins Creed and I'm unable to start free running to chase the captain down.
Specifically, its the Siege of Charles-Towne. Edward will go into the slower run just fine, but no matter how hard I press the R2 button, he won't run fast enough to keep up and I lose before I can get close enough.
Before you suggest, I tried my R2 button with the other games I have, it works fine. I've tried restarting my controller, restarting the chase, even the entire mission.
I can't even shoot the captain down right off the bat and try to cheat that way.
I'm on the brink of restarting the entire game, but I'd be losing weeks of progress if it doesn't fix it.
Any suggestions, or other people that have had the same problem before I delete my save and try again?

Am having the same issue, couriers in cities are a problem as well.. I see your post received no responses, am worried now.

RobertMcSassin
06-13-2015, 10:30 AM
Having completed the PS3 version a goodly long while ago, the recent "Fun" I had with Unity left me wondering what to do next, so I've recently started the PS4 version...

It's definitely different to the PS3 version, though it's not as clunky as I remembered it being, the first time I tried...

Aaaaamywho...The couriers - no problem...I really have not had trouble chasing them...Yes, they tend to be able to get to the rooftops quicker than I expect, but the several I've given chase to, I've had...

I admit, I haven't gotten to the Siege bit, so haven't had the problem with the Captain...And it's got me worried myself, now...*However*...While I'm sure this will be a long-gone issue before then, I'll check in if I have the same trouble...

DeD1
06-15-2015, 08:23 PM
Having completed the PS3 version a goodly long while ago, the recent "Fun" I had with Unity left me wondering what to do next, so I've recently started the PS4 version...

It's definitely different to the PS3 version, though it's not as clunky as I remembered it being, the first time I tried...

Aaaaamywho...The couriers - no problem...I really have not had trouble chasing them...Yes, they tend to be able to get to the rooftops quicker than I expect, but the several I've given chase to, I've had...

I admit, I haven't gotten to the Siege bit, so haven't had the problem with the Captain...And it's got me worried myself, now...*However*...While I'm sure this will be a long-gone issue before then, I'll check in if I have the same trouble...

I gave up and ended up immediately switching to my pistol and was able to shoot him.