PDA

View Full Version : PC version --Developer note: possible technical problem

XyZspineZyX
12-17-2003, 08:31 PM
I'm posting this here only because I've seen many posts relating to this problem in the "Hints and Tips Forum" without a clear solution.

This is in the CD version of the game. After reaching the "Climbing the Tower" Save point at 21%, there is a hall where you climb up a stone block and shimmy along a ledge. Then swing across several bars before you end at the last bar. Now there is a one bar which is directly overhead. To get to this we need to swing to the wall facing us and then jump off the wall to reach this overhead bar.

But many of us have reported that no matter how much of trying we are unable to catch onto the overhead bar. You can see the prince make the jump off the wall but he can never reach high enough to latch on to the overhead bar.

After having tried this many many times over the last few days and reading about several others being stuck at the same point, I'm beginning to think that there might be a glitch in the code.

It would be greatly appreciated if one of the developers could check this part of the game out (the CD version) and let us know if and what the solution is.

Appreciate all your help regarding this.

-sud

XyZspineZyX
12-17-2003, 08:31 PM
I'm posting this here only because I've seen many posts relating to this problem in the "Hints and Tips Forum" without a clear solution.

This is in the CD version of the game. After reaching the "Climbing the Tower" Save point at 21%, there is a hall where you climb up a stone block and shimmy along a ledge. Then swing across several bars before you end at the last bar. Now there is a one bar which is directly overhead. To get to this we need to swing to the wall facing us and then jump off the wall to reach this overhead bar.

But many of us have reported that no matter how much of trying we are unable to catch onto the overhead bar. You can see the prince make the jump off the wall but he can never reach high enough to latch on to the overhead bar.

After having tried this many many times over the last few days and reading about several others being stuck at the same point, I'm beginning to think that there might be a glitch in the code.

It would be greatly appreciated if one of the developers could check this part of the game out (the CD version) and let us know if and what the solution is.

Appreciate all your help regarding this.

-sud

XyZspineZyX
12-17-2003, 09:19 PM
Odd, I never had that problem. I've never missed that particular bar. You're sure you're doing the maneuver right? Are you swinging before you jump? Try making one complete circle around the bar you are on just before jumping.

XyZspineZyX
12-17-2003, 09:25 PM
Could you please mail me (r_sudh@yahoo.com) the save point immediately following 21%. I would greatly appreciate it.

XyZspineZyX
01-15-2004, 11:01 PM
Can somebody send me that sav... the one after 21% cause I keep crashing on my way up the tower. I'm sure I could make the jumps if the game wouldn't crash.

thesaps@thesaps.com