PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated Server Client troubleshooting

XyZspineZyX
10-15-2003, 06:16 AM
Since I see a few people having trouble with the new dedicated server setup, how about some of you guys that are having trouble post your problems in here?

A small tip:

Uninstall the UBI game service from <U>Start-settings-control panel-add/remove software</U>. It will be listed as "ubi.com". Then try reinstalling and see what you get. I had problems with this at first because the game service had apparently uninstalled itself from my system; as a result, FBServer wouldn't work right. Uninstalling it using the above process and reinstalling it fixed all my troubles.

For clarification, heres the instructions for clients that Ivan wrote:

"Greetings!

First of all, allow me to thank "wildhoney" for his dedication and talent And for giving us an opportunity to use Dedicated server in HL.

Today i received a new version of FBLauncher, which is called now FBServer. Please read carefully!!!

THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE ONLY FOR CLIENTS!!! Meaning, not for those who hosts!!! This is for those who joins dedicated or regular servers @Hyperlobby.

1) If you don`t have UBI Game Service installed (comes with FB disk)
Download it here: http://gamingzone.ubisoft.com/packages/GameService.exe Intall it and forget about it... simply yes, yes, yes... done.

2) Download FBServer from here. Thanks Mutt!!! http://www.rmutt.netfirms.com/FBServer.zip

And Unzip it into your IL-2 Forgotten Battles Folder.

3) Rename il2fb executable in Forgotten Battles folder to il2fb_start (You can use any name, doesn`t matter, just an example)

4) Double click FBServer executable in your IL2 Forgotten Battles folder. FBServer console will pop up. Click on options and then select Preferences. Another Console will pop up.
***** Do not touch the Server path part of it (Top part)*****

At the bottom of that console where it says IL2-FB Game Path click "Locate" and select your renamed il2fb_start.exe. Click OK.

5) Rename FBServer executable to il2fb

You are all set. From this point you DON`T HAVE TO do anything else. Simply go to HyperLobby and join either Dedicated or Non-dedicated server. It`s all taken care off.

Once again, these instructions For Clients Only!!!

Wildhoney, you rock...and i am fecking tired lol... Will post instructions for Dedicated Server tomorrow. Server installation is a cake...but when it comes to maps and additional settings... it`s a disaster lol..

***************** Additional Instructions*****************

For those who`s using both, Hyperlobby and UBI, written By Ares_22nd - Thanks mate.

1. Download the FBserver.exe and copy it to a folder in your IL2 dir. i used this.... c:\program files\ubi soft\il2 sturmovik forgotten battles\launcher . After you have it in the folder, rename it to il2fb.exe .

2. Renamed your orginal il2fb.exe to anything, like i used il2fb_temp.exe.

3. Start your HL client. Hit connect and it will say the exe for il2 is missing. Point it to the il2fb.exe in your /launcher folder.

4. Rename il2fb_temp.exe back to orignal il2fb.exe.

5. Now you can play on either Ubi or HL. without having to change the exe everytime. And also, you dont have to repoint your desktop icon to play single player.

************************************************** *********"

http://www.mechmodels.com/images/klv_ubisig1a.jpg

Oh yeah, I'm a P-63 whiner too! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-15-2003, 06:16 AM
Since I see a few people having trouble with the new dedicated server setup, how about some of you guys that are having trouble post your problems in here?

A small tip:

Uninstall the UBI game service from <U>Start-settings-control panel-add/remove software</U>. It will be listed as "ubi.com". Then try reinstalling and see what you get. I had problems with this at first because the game service had apparently uninstalled itself from my system; as a result, FBServer wouldn't work right. Uninstalling it using the above process and reinstalling it fixed all my troubles.

For clarification, heres the instructions for clients that Ivan wrote:

"Greetings!

First of all, allow me to thank "wildhoney" for his dedication and talent And for giving us an opportunity to use Dedicated server in HL.

Today i received a new version of FBLauncher, which is called now FBServer. Please read carefully!!!

THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE ONLY FOR CLIENTS!!! Meaning, not for those who hosts!!! This is for those who joins dedicated or regular servers @Hyperlobby.

1) If you don`t have UBI Game Service installed (comes with FB disk)
Download it here: http://gamingzone.ubisoft.com/packages/GameService.exe Intall it and forget about it... simply yes, yes, yes... done.

2) Download FBServer from here. Thanks Mutt!!! http://www.rmutt.netfirms.com/FBServer.zip

And Unzip it into your IL-2 Forgotten Battles Folder.

3) Rename il2fb executable in Forgotten Battles folder to il2fb_start (You can use any name, doesn`t matter, just an example)

4) Double click FBServer executable in your IL2 Forgotten Battles folder. FBServer console will pop up. Click on options and then select Preferences. Another Console will pop up.
***** Do not touch the Server path part of it (Top part)*****

At the bottom of that console where it says IL2-FB Game Path click "Locate" and select your renamed il2fb_start.exe. Click OK.

5) Rename FBServer executable to il2fb

You are all set. From this point you DON`T HAVE TO do anything else. Simply go to HyperLobby and join either Dedicated or Non-dedicated server. It`s all taken care off.

Once again, these instructions For Clients Only!!!

Wildhoney, you rock...and i am fecking tired lol... Will post instructions for Dedicated Server tomorrow. Server installation is a cake...but when it comes to maps and additional settings... it`s a disaster lol..

***************** Additional Instructions*****************

For those who`s using both, Hyperlobby and UBI, written By Ares_22nd - Thanks mate.

1. Download the FBserver.exe and copy it to a folder in your IL2 dir. i used this.... c:\program files\ubi soft\il2 sturmovik forgotten battles\launcher . After you have it in the folder, rename it to il2fb.exe .

2. Renamed your orginal il2fb.exe to anything, like i used il2fb_temp.exe.

3. Start your HL client. Hit connect and it will say the exe for il2 is missing. Point it to the il2fb.exe in your /launcher folder.

4. Rename il2fb_temp.exe back to orignal il2fb.exe.

5. Now you can play on either Ubi or HL. without having to change the exe everytime. And also, you dont have to repoint your desktop icon to play single player.

************************************************** *********"

http://www.mechmodels.com/images/klv_ubisig1a.jpg

Oh yeah, I'm a P-63 whiner too! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif